What Grade would you give our draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
    Normally this is the truth ...there are exceptions...Brady and Montana come to mind
    I seriously doubt Nassib is the replacement...He will be finishing his rookie contract and Eli will still have several good years left.....unless we choose to go with a cheaper option
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Normally this is the truth ...there are exceptions...Brady and Montana come to mind
      That's true, but they are certainly the exceptions.

Just not sure what they are thinking. A vet back up is generally easy to get. I hate Carr as the back up but a rookie isn't much (if at all) better.
      Unless they see something in him.
      It seems to me that you don't move up in the round to pick him if you don't at least consider the possibility that he will be your starter down the road.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        That's true, but they are certainly the exceptions.

Just not sure what they are thinking. A vet back up is generally easy to get. I hate Carr as the back up but a rookie isn't much (if at all) better.
        Unless they see something in him.
        It seems to me that you don't move up in the round to pick him if you don't at least consider the possibility that he will be your starter down the road.
        I do not always agree with you ...but in this case I do..
        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Comment

Personally I don't like the Nassib pick. Not only did we pick him in round 4 but we gave up a 6th for that pick as well.
          We could have signed a guy like Hasselbeck to back up Eli and protect the team.

I tend to doubt that Nassib will be the replacement for Eli down the road. The truth is that generally you have to stink and get an early pick (as we did in 2003) to get your next QB.
          I would also love to point out that finishing bad ...getting the high pick and choosing a franchise QB ....is not always a sure thing ...in fact choosing the wrong guy with that pick can set your program back several years

Comment

I would also love to point out that finishing bad ...getting the high pick and choosing a franchise QB ....is not always a sure thing ...in fact choosing the wrong guy with that pick can set your program back several years
            No its not. But its interesting that out of the 32 teams, only 7 have starters that were NOT first round picks. (I'm assuming that Manuel will start for Buffalo)
            The quality of scouting these days is pretty good for QB's.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Personally I don't like the Nassib pick. Not only did we pick him in round 4 but we gave up a 6th for that pick as well.
              We could have signed a guy like Hasselbeck to back up Eli and protect the team.

I tend to doubt that Nassib will be the replacement for Eli down the road. The truth is that generally you have to stink and get an early pick (as we did in 2003) to get your next QB.
              But is it because of circumstance or because the later round QBs just around good enough? I find the latter hard to believe - that the later round QBs just don't have the tools to become a starting QB. A big difference between early and later round QBs? How fast they can pick up the pro game.

We all know in the NFL that time is money. Thus, teams don't have the patience to groom players - especially QBs for 3 years. Your essentially saying, we're ok with sucking for 3 years as we develop him.

Also, QBs brought into this league as backups never get the opportunity to start extensively. They were brought as a backup to be a backup. He'll always be a backup. If backups are given the opportunity to start, it's usually via trade and into a bad situation where most QBs would fail. The odds are just stacked against them from the get go.

If the Giants see Nassib as having all the skills necessary to be a good QB - with time, i don't see why it's far fetched to think that he could be Eli's replacement. He has all the time in the world to sit and learn. We have a solid front office, little turnover, and should have a decent cast as we draft well. Heck, Sanchez came in and went to 2 AFC Championship games with a solid supporting cast.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Working...
              X