What Grade would you give our draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Back up QB is actually a very important position for a contending team. We've been lucky that Eli hasn't taken a shot to the knees or some other injury that most QB's suffer. Especially later in their career.
    My point was, we had more pressing needs.... and we had Carr.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
      My point was, we had more pressing needs.... and we had Carr.
      I agree with this also. The only plausible reason was that they saw Nassib to be Eli's eventual replacement also.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
        OK...now you've jinxed Eli..... all kidding aside, I thought Carr was a good backup.
        I disagree about Carr. I think he's an NFL burnout. Look what happened when he was given the Carolina starting job. He was horrible. He's on the payroll because we had no other options as our backup QB.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          I guess we all cant be armchair GMs either.....
          Yes we can, and we are.

Comment

I guess we all cant be armchair GMs either.....

Comment

Yes we can, and we are.
              not me....I am just an armchair QB, OC, ref, commentator, and sometimes HC. Never a GM tho....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

not me....I am just an armchair QB, OC, ref, commentator, and sometimes HC. Never a GM tho....
                Yes you are you devil.

Comment

• C- Not one of our better drafts IMO. For right now, I put it equal to our 2006 draft.

Comment

• I'm going to give it an A+ until proven otherwise.

Comment

• From a fan of college football I hated the Giants draft. I'm reserving right to see how the class pans out but my grade for their draft is definitely not good one at this moment.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by pacco_diablo View Post
                        C- Not one of our better drafts IMO. For right now, I put it equal to our 2006 draft.
                        That draft saw 4 of the 7 picks become NFL starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          As critical as you are about Eli's "inaccuracy," Nassib's scattershot tendencies and shady mechanics don't seem to draw your ire, for some reason.
                          Dont forget sub par arm. He has the calling cards of a back up QB basically exactly his value of where he was picked

Comment

• C at best

Giving up a 4th and 6th for a guy passed over by his own coach? That's pretty terrible

Comment

• B-

Comment

Are you serious? He almost got his own guy (Nassib) killed. He was abused.And Matt, we have a few draft experts here in the MB. I have not heard one who thought that wasa good pick. Most were outraged by it.
                                We have draft experts on these boards? Which ones work for the nfl?
                                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X