ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    My point exactly, even prospects who were considered to be all time greats busted out. Theirs a very very very very very rare gem now and then, but you're far more lucky to grab a great prospect earlier, and hope his success translates to the NFL. We were very very very very fortunate EA made the right move and picked Eli 2 TIME SB MVP Manning.
    you missed his point he was saying you cant say this kid will only be a backup based on when he was drafted. also id add this year was different and any other year this kid could have gone in the first if there was a run on QB's

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      or could it be he doesnt like the rough contact with 11 other men piled on top of him?
      Yeah, he doesn't share your same, um, predilections.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        I don't recall him saying he wants to see Eli hurt. I'm not denying he said it, but if you could just show me the post, I'd believe it.
        I'd have to look through his 50,000 posts, I'm sure he's said he's looking forward too Nassib step in and do wonders when Eli finally goes down.

Comment

• Only time will tell...
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

you missed his point he was saying you cant say this kid will only be a backup based on when he was drafted. also id add this year was different and any other year this kid could have gone in the first if there was a run on QB's
            His own coach didn't even want him, and there was no prospect worth taking in the 1st, not Smith, not Manuel, not Barkley, not Nassib, that's why he got taken in the 4th to be a backup to Eli 2 time SB MVP Manning, because once Carr retires nobody would know the system.

Comment

I wouldnt be so sure .

“He was the number one player on our board at that time. We thought that if we were to lose him in that situation it wouldn’t be smart,” Coughlin said. “We felt very strongly about this young man. "

"We think he can be a starter in this league,” Reese said. we really like Nassib. . . . We like his skill set."
              im surprised an offense built around taking shots down the field was so high on a below average arm QB

Comment

Harooni, what's the deal with Nassib's left hand in your signature? Seems a rather flamboyant throwing motion. I hope the coaches can iron that out.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

I don't recall him saying he wants to see Eli hurt. I'm not denying he said it, but if you could just show me the post, I'd believe it.
                  of course i never said i wanted Eli injured, this guy is ridiculous.

i even said that if eli plays like 2011 for the next few years the giants most likely would resign Eli 2016.

Comment

I still find it funny that 'Rooni's panties are all wet over our 4th round pick (that we needed to trade up for), but you can sense the violently ill reaction he has whenever he has to give a compliment to Eli.

Comment

Yes, in fact you can say that. Name the starting QBs that are currently playing in the NFL that were drafted in the 4th round or lower. The odds are against it. I'd love to see him beat the odds.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                        I'd have to look through his 50,000 posts, I'm sure he's said he's looking forward too Nassib step in and do wonders when Eli finally goes down.
                        Well, I'm not convinced, but if that true it's a little to extreme for my defenses. I like the pick, I think we got a lot of value taking Nassib in the fourth, and I look forward to seeing his development. With that said, I'm certainly not rooting for our best player to go down so I can roll the dice with an unproven guy.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          I still find it funny that 'Rooni's panties are all wet over our 4th round pick (that we needed to trade up for), but you can sense the violently ill reaction he has whenever he has to give a compliment to Eli.
                          You gotta pay lip service when you share a minority opinion.

Comment

• Nassib's eyes are clearly off the WR in that picture, we need his eyes on the prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                              Yes, in fact you can say that. Name the starting QBs that are currently playing in the NFL that were drafted in the 4th round or lower. The odds are against it. I'd love to see him beat the odds.
                              Look I'm saying it's just the luck of the draw at the qb position. You can have the best looking prospect be a complete nothing in the NFL or you can have a guy nobody thought much of be a great starting qb. Russel Wilson is another qb that just exemplified that last year/ hell whos' that back up for the redskins behind griffin that kid looked solid also, lets not forget kappernick.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
                                Look I'm saying it's just the luck of the draw at the qb position. You can have the best looking prospect be a complete nothing in the NFL or you can have a guy nobody thought much of be a great starting qb. Russel Wilson is another qb that just exemplified that last year/ hell whos' that back up for the redskins behind griffin that kid looked solid also, lets not forget kappernick.
                                Well they were all before fourth round, but they weren't first rounders.

Comment

Working...
                                X