ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GiantsRevival2 View Post
    Yeah so are you saying Eli will be washed up at age 35? So dumb. How do u have so little faith in Eli but already put so much blind faith in a guy that has never taken a snap in the pros?!!! I like the pick too. But let's see what he can do before we push Eli out the door!
    im saying anything is possible, i dont know we all cant see in the future. if Eli can play like 2011 for a few more years he may see another huge contract from us. but if the FO see's a decline, i dont know how they will give him 20mill per at 36. still Eli may want to stay and take less. who knows we will see how it plays out.

i have faith because Reese is a scary talent scout and TC is no bobo. they say he is starting material and i believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      im saying anything is possible, i dont know we all cant see in the future. if Eli can play like 2011 for a few more years he may see another huge contract from us. but if the FO see's a decline, i dont know how they will give him 20mill per at 36. still Eli may want to stay and take less. who knows we will see how it plays out.

i have faith because Reese is a scary talent scout and TC is no bobo. they say he is starting material and i believe it.
      Like I said I loved the pick. Groom the future. But if Eli keeps playing at a high level and Nassib develops don't be surprised to see Nassib traded for a nice pick. It's a win win situation. But Don't count on Eli regressing anytime soon. He's just entering his prime.

Comment

I guess I just don't understand your logic. We have a 2 time Super Bowl winning QB and your ready to push him out the door because they drafted a young kid with some potential. Just be glad that Carr will not see any meaningful playing time and if Eli were to go down with an injury we have a talented kid that could win us some games if that potential is realized. But put Eli as your sig until this kid does something to earn it. I believe Eli has earned it!

Comment

I guess I just don't understand your logic. We have a 2 time Super Bowl winning QB and your ready to push him out the door because they drafted a young kid with some potential. Just be glad that Carr will not see any meaningful playing time and if Eli were to go down with an injury we have a talented kid that could win us some games if that potential is realized. But put Eli as your sig until this kid does something to earn it. I believe Eli has earned it!
          i cant argue with you ther but Y does Eli have to be my favorite player as to be accepted as a good Giants fan? I like Eli but honestly he isnt my favorite.

Comment

i cant argue with you ther but Y does Eli have to be my favorite player as to be accepted as a good Giants fan? I like Eli but honestly he isnt my favorite.
            I was just joking about putting Eli as your sig. But seriously Nassib? How can Nassib be your favorite? what has he done for the Giants?
            Last edited by GiantsRevival2; 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I just joking about putting Eli as your sig. But seriously Nassib? How can Nassib be your favorite? what has he done for the Giants?
              How dare you question the next Joe Montana!

Comment

No problem with Eli and yes EA made a nice call and i admitted i wanted Big ben to him. And im hardly going to be insulting to a man who tried to do his best for the giants. if i ever met Eli i wouldnt say hey Eli dont throw it off your back foot or whatever. I have more Class than that.
                One of the best throws in SB history was made off of Eli's back foot.

Comment

• im surprised. as a simms fanboy, he should know how simms always goes on about how in todays nfl, the best qbs have to have the ability to make plays off the back foot. 2011, i never saw a qb be so dominant while having to throw off his backfoot. it got to the point, nfln has a show they go on nfc and afc matchups and they went over elis passes @ dallas. that game specifically, he was throwing 20-30 yd darts off his back foot into coverage but with precision accuracy like hitting the only small window to give the wr a shot...its one of elis strongest points and why we have won a SB with the worst OL in the league

Comment

• like the nfln show replayed the 6 or 7 throws @ dallas eli had to make off his back foot and each commentator (2 were off screen) were like in amazement with "wow how the hell?" i bet a computer savvy person could find the clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                      I still think our future quarterback is probably getting ready to finish his senior year in high school. I think Nassib is probably going to be no more than our new Bomar, Woodson or J-Load.
                      Or like Palmer, too. But, yeh my feelings exactly. Wasted pick!

Comment

• I dont see how it was a wasted pick when Carr is what 38 39??? Also as i posted it is the FO job to improve the team and gaurd against the what if's if an injury happens they want to have a guy that can actually come in and play.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                          Or like Palmer, too. But, yeh my feelings exactly. Wasted pick!
                          I remember Kiper being all over the Palmer pick as being a good pick almost exactly like they were with the Nassib pick. It does seem history is repeating itself. Interesting pick to say the least. I don't think he is the heir apparent or would even get the nod over Carr who has been shown to be able to take a beating.

Comment

• Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
                            Yep, Eli has 6-8 years left in him. Perfect time to draft our future QB. Makes total sense.
                            How do you know he wants to play 6-8 more years?

Comment

• Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
                              Yep, Eli has 6-8 years left in him. Perfect time to draft our future QB. Makes total sense.
                              This is what I was thinking as well.

I understand the logic of getting that kind of value in the 4th round but it kind of reminds me of buying a palette of pickles that are on sale for an incredible price ... even though you don't eat/want/need pickles.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I dont see how it was a wasted pick when Carr is what 38 39??? Also as i posted it is the FO job to improve the team and gaurd against the what if's if an injury happens they want to have a guy that can actually come in and play.
                                By 38 or 39, do you mean 33?

And yes, while Carr is aging, he is also not being asked to do much currently. Plenty of perennial backup QBs have played to 40 in this league.

In a vacuum it was a good pick ... in reality, we had more pressing concerns (hello LINEBACKER?!?!?!??!).

Of course I may totally eat my words if Eli gets hit by a small planet tomorrow.
                                Last edited by Kruunch; 05-02-2013, 08:40 AM.
                                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                                X