ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drez View Post
    2015 has the lowest cap hit remaining on his contract.
    i dont think thats correct because it was restructured.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      I wouldnt be so sure .

“He was the number one player on our board at that time. We thought that if we were to lose him in that situation it wouldn’t be smart,” Coughlin said. “We felt very strongly about this young man. "

"We think he can be a starter in this league,” Reese said. we really like Nassib. . . . We like his skill set."
      Reese also said he hopes Nassib never plays a down of football.

Comment

Reese also said he hopes Nassib never plays a down of football.
        well he has to be PC , but the truth is he has drafted 3 qb's. its a business and i know fans fall in love with certain players but the FO has to look to the future always.

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
          I know we cant predict the future but I think that once his contract is up, we will look at Nassib.
          Even if Eli is playing at the level he did this past season when his contract expires, he'll get extended another 2 years. If I were to wager his cap hits would vary between $12m-$16m (depending on if we extend him with a year left or when his contract is set to expire).

Comment

well he has to be PC , but the truth is he has drafted 3 qb's. its a business and i know fans fall in love with certain players but the FO has to look to the future always.
            Drafting QBs in the 5th and 6th round says nothing about the quality of play of the starter. It says, "I'm looking for a back up QB." Much the same way with the Nassib pick, Reese is looking for quality back up QB play with the potential of being a guy that could bridge the gap between Eli and our next franchise QB. I also think Reese hopes to flip Nassib in a couple years for a 2 or more if he shows that he might be able to start for a QB starved team.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              True. But with him mostly holding a Clipboard chances are he will just go ahead and resign with us. Especially with Eli about to Retire. Now if he became a URFA prior to Eli hanging it up then that could be interesting. Some other team may want to give him a shot at a starting role and that would be hard to pass up for someone just standing on the sideline for 3 or so years
              At the least, we'll have a QB competittion between him and Carr.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

When was the last time the Giants were ever successful with a QB not picked from the first round, much less someone who became a legitimate franchise QB? Unless you're counting Jeff Hostetler. If some people here can't wait to get rid of Eli, remember that the Giants had to be the #4 pick to even get a shot to trade for Eli at number 1. If the Giants easily gave up with Eli, they'll be exactly like the Jets with Mark Sanchez. Instead, we have two Super Bowls in 5 years! It took a #1 pick and multiple picks we gave up to win those 2 Super Bowls, so don't be too rushed to show that guy out the door and usher back the inglorious days of the 90s because I, for one, am not looking forward to it.

Comment

i dont think thats correct because it was restructured.
                  It is correct. The whole reason his cap hits are so high (and not the $15m-$17m that is was originally was because of the restructures).

YEAR BASE S. BONUS MISC. CAP HIT DEAD
                  2009 7,500,000 3,100,000 3,100,000 13,700,000 -
                  2010 6,500,000 2,600,000 2,500,000 11,600,000 -
                  2011 8,500,000 2,600,000 2,500,000 13,600,000 -
                  2012 1,750,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 9,600,000 -
                  2013 13,000,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 20,850,000 14,350,000
                  2014 15,150,000 - 5,250,000 20,400,000 7,000,000
                  2015 17,000,000 - 2,750,000 19,750,000 2,250,000

Comment

agreed. God forbid eli goes down and we need someone to step up and play well. If Carr was to come in and stink up the joint (which he would because hes a damaged soul). I can only imagine the "Should we have put a higher priority on our back up QB" threads popping up. Can't please everyone. Props to JR for taking this kid in the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                      My gut tells me they want Nassib holding a clipboard sooner then later.

However, Carr adds tremendous value to our team in practices with how well he knows our system.

We very well MAY have 3 QB's this year to be honest.
                      I've said countless times that we'll never carry 3 QBs. I think I was wrong. I think there's a good chance we do carry 3 this year. I think the only way we get rid of Carr is if Nassib has a FANTASTIC camp and preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                        agreed. God forbid eli goes down and we need someone to step up and play well. If Carr was to come in and stink up the joint (which he would because hes a damaged soul). I can only imagine the "Should we have put a higher priority on our back up QB" threads popping up. Can't please everyone. Props to JR for taking this kid in the 4th.
                        I had said on Friday night I wouldn't mind if we took a QB in the 4th or 5th. I'm not thrilled we traded our 6th to get him, but I do like that we grabbed him.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          At the least, we'll have a QB competittion between him and Carr.
                          ​Don't forget about Painter!!!

Comment

I've said countless times that we'll never carry 3 QBs. I think I was wrong. I think there's a good chance we do carry 3 this year. I think the only way we get rid of Carr is if Nassib has a FANTASTIC camp and preseason.
                            I have felt the same way myself and I agree with you 100%.

I just think it's very likely we hold 3 guys this year. Carr has value beyond what most fans can see -- even though it's not on the field. I have a hard time believing that we are going to cut him right away and declare Nassib our immediate #2. Also, Nassib does us no good on the practice squad.

So yep, I'm pretty sure we have 3 qbs this year.

Comment

Oh and before some fans get too upset at the prospect of us having 3 QB's on our depth chart -- just remember, if we do, it's likely for one year only. And most teams carry 3, and some even 4 QB's reguarly.

We're blessed to usually only have to keep 2 QB's on our depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                                Oh and before some fans get too upset at the prospect of us having 3 QB's on our depth chart -- just remember, if we do, it's likely for one year only. And most teams carry 3, and some even 4 QB's reguarly.

We're blessed to usually only have to keep 2 QB's on our depth chart.
                                still a wasted roster spot imo
                                Football has been very, very good to us.
                                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                                4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE
                                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                                X