No announcement yet.

ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way we carry 3 QBs. Carr is done here. We are not going anywhere without Eli, so keeping Carr is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
      No way we carry 3 QBs. Carr is done here. We are not going anywhere without Eli, so keeping Carr is pointless.
      I agree with this..

Comment

We all know the.people on ESPN (especially Skip Bayless) are clowns who post controversial nonsense stuff for views to get the ad revenue up. It's no surprise the Eli haters let their judgement fade here. It might of been the worst pick of the draft, far from the best.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
          Oh and before some fans get too upset at the prospect of us having 3 QB's on our depth chart -- just remember, if we do, it's likely for one year only. And most teams carry 3, and some even 4 QB's reguarly.

We're blessed to usually only have to keep 2 QB's on our depth chart.
          This. Giants are in an extreme minority in keeping only 2 QB on the roster, mostly due to Eli being made of that polymer that old Nintendos and Nokia 3310s are constructed from. The Eagles had Vick Foles and Trent Edwards. Skins had Griffin Cousins and Grossman.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

keep in mind too guys, nassib can make the roster and just not be activated. the jets carried sanchez, tebow, and that other QB from 'bama last yr and activated Mccelroy when necessary. figure wed do the same. cant see how we'd go into a game with 3 qbs activated

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              keep in mind too guys, nassib can make the roster and just not be activated. the jets carried sanchez, tebow, and that other QB from 'bama last yr and activated Mccelroy when necessary. figure wed do the same. cant see how we'd go into a game with 3 qbs activated
              You're talking about the 46-man game day roster. He'd still count towards the 53, even if he doesn't dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                It is correct. The whole reason his cap hits are so high (and not the $15m-$17m that is was originally was because of the restructures).

YEAR BASE S. BONUS MISC. CAP HIT DEAD
                2009 7,500,000 3,100,000 3,100,000 13,700,000 -
                2010 6,500,000 2,600,000 2,500,000 11,600,000 -
                2011 8,500,000 2,600,000 2,500,000 13,600,000 -
                2012 1,750,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 9,600,000 -
                2013 13,000,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 20,850,000 14,350,000
                2014 15,150,000 - 5,250,000 20,400,000 7,000,000
                2015 17,000,000 - 2,750,000 19,750,000 2,250,000

lol when you said lowest cap hit left on his contract , you meant a few hundred thousand??? i thought we were talking millions.

Comment

Anyway since when does what round you got drafted in matter in how good you will be???? its politics my friends. there was no run on QB's this time ,in a different year Nas might have gone first round.

TC likes him Reese likes him , says he can start in this league and i think we should support this move.

Comment

Is carrying a third QB really a concern? What are you giving up by that? A special teamer who plays on only one coverage, maybe five or six plays a game? And that guy can be replaced by another roster player without missing a beat. It's a no-brainer that we'll carry three this year, and let Carr retire next year.

Comment

If he was an intriguing prospect who a team thought would be a serviceable quarterback, somebody would of took him earlier than the 4th round. I don't know (other than Tom Brady) any QB right now who was taken outside the 1st round and is as close to as good as Eli. Tons of QB's even taken in the 1st round will never amount to being great, yet Nassib will? If he was a good prospect, he would of been taken earlier. He's a 4th round pick.. a 4th round pick. We could of taken a linebacker, or a safety "OH WELL, 4TH ROUND PICKS ARE RARELY GOOD ANYWAY THE LINEBACKER JUST WOULD OF BEEN GARBAGE." .. Same point can be said with this QB. I know your main duty on this forum is to give people "in the know" a laugh and troll the unsuspecting victims, but seriously dude, enough is enough. Lol, after a while you just get fed up with all the nonsense on this board. 4th round pick better than a 2 time SB winning, 2 time SB MVP QB. Come on, take a break.

It wasn't different, there were no over-hyping QB's this year, teams smartly let bad prospects fall off and be picked up in late rounds, where they will be back ups for the majority of their career. They are late round QB's who will be back ups, just back ups.

Comment

dont give me this he was a 4th round pick bs, because if it wasnt a QB you homers would tell us all that player will be the next LT or Wilfork or so and so. Now that it is a QB we took the Eli insecurities have once again surfaced for some.

shame on you GT

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          Now that it is a QB we took the Eli insecurities have once again surfaced for some.

Namely yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            Namely yours.
                            why would i be insecure about Eli, i know what he is. career QB rating in the 80,s runs hot and cold shys away from contact and is fantastic at the 2 min drill and great off the field role model.

Comment

ELI WILL ALWAYS BE OUR QB.. HE is the exception to old age and retirement!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Nassib is the QB of the future. in 3-4 years, the Giants may end up trading Eli to the AFC for some draft picks. Let Nassib learn under Carr and Eli this year and for the next few years under Eli alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X