• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but I also agree with Harooni that this was a good pick
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      why would i be insecure about Eli, i know what he is. career QB rating in the 80,s runs hot and cold shys away from contact and is fantastic at the 2 min drill and great off the field role model.
      Considering you're already giving our 4th round draft pick the keys to the kingdom (and giddily so) tells us all we need to know about your Eli insecurities.

Comment

dont give me this he was a 4th round pick bs, because if it wasnt a QB you homers would tell us all that player will be the next LT or Wilfork or so and so. Now that it is a QB we took the Eli insecurities have once again surfaced for some.

shame on you GT
        Now that we took a QB, you can have a field day trolling everybody haha. I'm realistic about the picks, Pugh can be an effective RT, Hankins can contribute, Moore was good value in the third round and can be a good rusher if developed right, he's really raw. Greene was available and he could of been an upgrade over people we have right now, or he would of been good depth which we need at LB. Nassib? I hope he'll be a good backup. That's all he is, a backup. A simple, plain, second stringer. Nobody wanted him as the first stringer, all the teams in the NFL viewed him as a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
          Nassib is the QB of the future. in 3-4 years, the Giants may end up trading Eli to the AFC for some draft picks. Let Nassib learn under Carr and Eli this year and for the next few years under Eli alone.
          possibly , but i guess some sensitive fans dont see it this way.

funny how they didnt call osi a 2 time winner and not to ever leave the team. Remeber fans QB is one position it takes a team to win a SB. and Eli is just a COG, a big Cog but a Cog none the less.

Comment

why would i be insecure about Eli, i know what he is. career QB rating in the 80,s runs hot and cold shys away from contact and is fantastic at the 2 min drill and great off the field role model.
            Shies away from contact? Please (puh-leeze)...
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
              Now that we took a QB, you can have a field day trolling everybody haha. I'm realistic about the picks, Pugh can be an effective RT, Hankins can contribute, Moore was good value in the third round and can be a good rusher if developed right, he's really raw. Greene was available and he could of been an upgrade over people we have right now, or he would of been good depth which we need at LB. Nassib? I hope he'll be a good backup. That's all he is, a backup. A simple, plain, second stringer. Nobody wanted him as the first stringer, all the teams in the NFL viewed him as a backup.
              i do not agree with you but thats your opinion. all im saying is do not dismiss a player because we got a steal later on in the draft. look how good bradshaw was for a 7th

Comment

possibly , but i guess some sensitive fans dont see it this way.

funny how they didnt call osi a 2 time winner and not to ever leave the team. Remeber fans QB is one position it takes a team to win a SB. and Eli is just a COG, a big Cog but a Cog none the less.
                Nassib is just a backup, a backup that's popular amongst some posters, but a backup none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Shies away from contact? Please (puh-leeze)...
                  He has many positives but lets be honest he doesnt like getting hit, he would rather throw it left handed to a defender than take a shot. we all see his body language and how he will sometimes twist his body and throw off his backfoot.

Comment

i do not agree with you but thats your opinion. all im saying is do not dismiss a player because we got a steal later on in the draft. look how good bradshaw was for a 7th
                    Backup, he's a backup dude. RB's come a dime a dozen, QB you get one and hang on to him as long as you can, don't be suprised when Eli leaves that you'll be begging for those years to come back. Nassib is a backup, not even a lowly team like the Jags, Raiders, not even his old coach thought he was a 1st stringer. His old coach played him and used him as a smoke screen to grab Manuel, back up. Plain old backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                      Nor should you dismiss a player because we traded some picks for him and then won 2 SBs and have not had a losing season since his rookie year.

Comment

He has many positives but lets be honest he doesnt like getting hit, he would rather throw it left handed to a defender than take a shot. we all see his body language and how he will sometimes twist his body and throw off his backfoot.

You get hit by one of those guys, let's see what your face looks like,.

Comment

He has many positives but lets be honest he doesnt like getting hit
                          Oh, I must have confused him with all the other QBs who long for big hits.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                            Nassib is just a backup, a backup that's popular amongst some posters, but a backup none the less.
                            Maybe he's the next Hostetler. The future is uncertain on that.

However, he wasn't the biggest need entering the draft, not by a long shot.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
                              He's a back up as of now, you are correct, but how the hell can you even say that is all this guy is. He's got talent, hes accurate has a strong arm, he's got all the major qualities to be really good. He has issues that can be fixed and corrected. Secondly, he'll have a few years before the starting role is even a possibility for him and by then who knows how good or not good hell be. To say he's just a back up and thats all he'll ever be is in my opinion completely ignorant and unjustified.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Joe I do hope that if Eli ever went down he can win a SB for us, no doubt at all. But the infatuation some fans on here have for him is not warranted.

Comment

Working...
                                X