ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I know, he's great, unbelievable prospect, one of the best QB's ever to come out of the pro's...

Taken in the 4th round by a team who doesn't need a starting QB, they needed a backup, they got one. I hope that if the time ever calls for it he can step in and play, but if he was good he would of been taken earlier. I understand why RB's got looked up and other skill positions you can find talent in the later rounds, but QB's get looked over constantly because it's not likely you'll win the big one without a great QB these days.
    yeah because Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and Ryan leaf 1st round busts were the best thing to ever come out of the draft, bc they were 1st round picks and prospects, and Tom Brady undrafted, Mark Brunell 5th round, hasselback 6th round. all sucked. So tell me how is one actually truly evaluated esp at qb. Certianly not by clueless wonders like yourself.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Oh, I must have confused him with all the other QBs who long for big hits.
      Either way, I can argue just as easily that he isn't afraid of contact or shying away from hits, but rather doing what he can to minimize impact to stay healthy. I know when I played ball they taught us "how to fall," in an attempt to avoid/minimize potential injury.

And I laugh at Harooni's left handed comment about him doing that to avoid getting hit. I have a succinct suspicion that if Eli is throwing it off handed he's getting put on his *** either way (as was the case against the Titans). That has more to do with Eli often not wanting to give up on a play and trying to do too much.

Comment

• I love how fans interpret things. Where in that article does it say Nassib was the best pick in the NFL draft?
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          why wouldnt a Giants fan want the kid to be good??? its odd right. Eli wont be around for 20 years, giants FO has to look toward the future and to make the team as strong as it can in case injuries. maybe he wont be better than eli, but to get all upset and say he will always sucks, to me shows that you are a fan of a player not the team .
          Why wouldn't a Giants fan want the best QB in it's franchise history, and one of the best QB's in NFL history to play as long as he possibly can (6-8 years) and continue winning multiple SB's for this team?

Oh wait, same logic doesn't apply to the trolls of the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4thand1 View Post
            You mean a guy drafted in the 4th round and was passed over by his own coach in favor of EJ Manuel isn't the next Joe Montana?
            He's a highly rated QB prospect who will have the luxury to work behind an elite QB and coaching staff for a couple years. If your goal is to come off as objective, then you're failing miserably. If you genuinely dislike the pick, then that's understandable.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

point taken, but lets just at least be honest, Eli doesnt even execute a QB sneak. you guys ever wonder why he doesnt???
              As gmen8020 said, because he's not good at it. No one has ever claimed that Eli is the most athletic guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Yes, because he's terrible at it. He gets absolutely zero leverage, and always positions himself to take a nasty shot.
                or could it be he doesnt like the rough contact with 11 other men piled on top of him?

Comment

I don't agree with the pick, but right now there are a few posters who are really in love with Nassib and are starting to think he's Andrew Luck 2.0, I'm trying to get through that if he was really such a great prospect, as a QB he would be taken even earlier than he should of. His own coach didn't even want him, he used him as a smoke screen to grab another QB. He's a backup, I hope he'll be a good backup, but if he was starting material he would of been taken way earlier.

I agree, we needed depth at LBer, CB, S, and we take a QB. It didn't make sense to me then, still doesn't now.
                  I agree.

"The Best Pick in the Draft"....??? Really???

"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
                    yeah because Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and Ryan leaf 1st round busts.. and Tom Brady undrafted, Mark Brunell 5th round, hasselback 6th round. all sucked. So tell me how is one actually truly evaluated esp at qb. Certianly not by clueless wonders like yourself.
                    My point exactly, even prospects who were considered to be all time greats busted out. Theirs a very very very very very rare gem now and then, but you're far more lucky to grab a great prospect earlier, and hope his success translates to the NFL. We were very very very very fortunate EA made the right move and picked Eli 2 TIME SB MVP Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Either way, I can argue just as easily that he isn't afraid of contact or shying away from hits, but rather doing what he can to minimize impact to stay healthy. I know when I played ball they taught us "how to fall," in an attempt to avoid/minimize potential injury.

And I laugh at Harooni's left handed comment about him doing that to avoid getting hit. I have a succinct suspicion that if Eli is throwing it off handed he's getting put on his *** either way (as was the case against the Titans). That has more to do with Eli often not wanting to give up on a play and trying to do too much.
                      Which is all true, but personally, I try to not let shaky claims even reach launching phase. Especially with Harooni and his elusive logic.

Comment

• and lastly.. I haven't read one post where fans are looking to usher him in as the new Andrew Luck. Nobody is pushing eli out of the door. The only thing I've seen is that fans are saying this is a smart pick and it is for a number of reasons. He has raw talent, he is far more promising than carr as a back up. He can get schooled by eli and learn the offense all the meanwhile improving his game, potentially being the next starter. A 4th round talent that could've gone earlier in the draft. Some of yall can't see to see past that oh man he was drafted in the 4th round weak qb class ahhh horrible pick. Stop being sheeps.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'll give Eli all the credit for that San Fran game, he took a beating in that one. i mean he looked like a mack truck hit him and he toughed it out. i was very impressed.

Comment

• Harooni has said multiple times that he plans for Eli to have 3 years and then the Giants won't resign him. Or he wants Eli to get injured and for Nassib to come in and show how great he is. I'm just trying to stop this nonsense and bring some people back down to earth. 4th round pick that not even his college coach wanted.

Comment

or could it be he doesnt like the rough contact with 11 other men piled on top of him?
                              I couldn't imagine that he does. The only thing I do know, without trying to perform psychoanalysis on Eli, is that he stands straight up. That makes him very vulnerable to receiving a nice lick.

And with a line that's been as bad at the POA as ours the past few years, you don't risk the health of your franchise QB on a play where the odds are already stacked against you. Brady on the other hand gets excellent leverage in the sneak game. They run it pretty frequently in NE, with a lot of success.

Comment

Harooni has said multiple times that he plans for Eli to have 3 years and then the Giants won't resign him. Or he wants Eli to get injured and for Nassib to come in and show how great he is. I'm just trying to stop this nonsense and bring some people back down to earth. 4th round pick that not even his college coach wanted.
                                I don't recall him saying he wants to see Eli hurt. I'm not denying he said it, but if you could just show me the post, I'd believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X