• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video - Justin Pugh's performance at the Senior Bowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTgjCE-aIg

just posted today

Discuss what you see on this tape.

This video is really unsettling... Pugh got abused by the guy I wanted in the 5th round, Cornelius Washington from Georgia. And Nassib looked bad as well.... ugh.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

It was a so-so outing for him. He seemed overpowered on a few plays but he did have his moments where he reset and got the balance to withstand the bull rush. I wouldn't try to read too much into this game because he isn't going to be an NFL Left Tackle anyway and there's the fact he went up against arguably the best player in the Senior Bowl in Ansah for a good amount of those snaps. He looks really good on the move as his mobility is an obvious strength right away on tape and with about 5-10 more lbs of weight, he should be able to slide inside and give the Giants a technically sound guard who can be a future leader on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
        It was a so-so outing for him. He seemed overpowered on a few plays but he did have his moments where he reset and got the balance to withstand the bull rush. I wouldn't try to read too much into this game because he isn't going to be an NFL Left Tackle anyway and there's the fact he went up against arguably the best player in the Senior Bowl in Ansah for a good amount of those snaps. He looks really good on the move as his mobility is an obvious strength right away on tape and with about 5-10 more lbs of weight, he should be able to slide inside and give the Giants a technically sound guard who can be a future leader on this team.
        Not sure thats what I would want with the 19th overall pick though. I doubt he will be as solid as Snee was at his best and Snee was a 2nd rounder.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Not sure thats what I would want with the 19th overall pick though. I doubt he will be as solid as Snee was at his best and Snee was a 2nd rounder.
          Yeah I don't really see a top 20 overall player when I watch Pugh either but it's obvious the Giants weren't really looking to get that out of the 1st round this year. The talent up top was either too raw and/or not that much higher than Pugh so the Giants seemed like they wanted to secure a safe and intelligent player instead.

Comment

I'm trying to like this pick but the more videos I watch on him the more disappointed I am considering he went in the 1st round.. At this very moment we need a solid RT not a guard. I still believe he will be a good player for us.

Comment

I read reports that the reason he skyrocketed up draft boards was because of the senior bowl . Then I also heard reports that his senior bowl was underhelming. For each their own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                agreed also blocking cloney also had some bad moments some good moments. we have a great coaching staff im sure they will have this kid ready to rock
                sigpic
                FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

He's looken good. He maybe gave up one sack I believe and maybe could have gave up another one, but on that one though, the qb moved out of the pocket I believe. He looked good and proving me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                    I read reports that the reason he skyrocketed up draft boards was because of the senior bowl . Then I also heard reports that his senior bowl was underhelming. For each their own I guess.
                    Players are evaluated the ENTIRE Senior Bowl week. Not just in the game. The coaching staffs work with the players in the practices and classrooms also.

Comment

Didn't look like a first round talent or a tackle in the senior bowl. Pugh got abused on a lot of plays and looks somewhat undersized.

I like what I've seen from Moore and Hankins though. Hankins looks like a strong, strong lineman with a lot of pop.
                      Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

well he played both G and T in the SrB. and he did play better at LG. but he also showed why he could be a T. In todays game, ur gonna get pushed back/stood up. its just gonna happen when u have the physical freaks at DE/DT that we see today(i equate it to the QB throwing off the back foot, its never theoretically supposed to happen but does frequently in todays game). Pugh is exceptional at reseting from that position. I noticed that on the pressures he allowed, he got stood up, and pretty much any other T from there concedes the sack. But watch how he is able to use his footwork to recreate leverage. he was able to seal off the block a few times from the "stood up" position. and at RT, thats pretty paramount. Once he gets an NFL weight lift regiment it will be even better.
                        Now, as a G, he didnt give near the ground he did at T. But also, lets keep something in mind. almost all the pressures he gave up were against the DE who got drafted mid rounds, Cornelius Washington iirc from UGA. He's got the ability to do that to starting NFL tackles right now so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that was at LT and we want him at RT where we will ask him to block downhill more and get to the 2nd level more which will help him. He'll be fine in pass pro, esp with Eli who feels the pocket very well.
                        But yeah, theres a lot to be stoked about u just gotta know what to look for.

Comment

and generally speaking, for the SrB, DL are gonna best the OL. Nobody really expects the unit as a whole to perform at a level typically acceptable bc u got guys who are playing with each other for a week, and even so, the way its structured, ur playing against the guys ur playing with lol. dont take that to mean the OL for those games suck and its ok if a guy sucks. im just saying, taper the bar u would normally set bc these guys are in a unique situation.

i will say this tho, i wonder his medical history. u can see he is almost at 2 diff gears and i believe the injury has somethin to do with it. i watched a lot of tape on pugh, and in 2011, there were games he moved more stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by EliManningUp View Post
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTgjCE-aIg

just posted today

Discuss what you see on this tape.
                            Don't like the way he was constantly bull rushed. And I wasn't too impressed by hi s motor. He looked like he gave up on a few plays instead continually blocking and going after the DE's. I know he'll be playing RT so the video isn't a air analysis, but I still wanted to see hand his opponent better.

And is it me, or does he do a lot of holding? It would not be funny if our offense is driving the ball down the field and the our momentum is killed because of some dumb holding penalty.
                            Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 05-01-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Well he's not a LT according to this video. the scouting reports I read seem pretty dead on regarding him having a weak core. His back will not hold up to bul rushes unless he gets stronger....he looks like he's going to break in half on most plays. He had one good block at 423 but the rest looks very poor.
                              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                              X