Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants QB choice vs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    We gave up two #1 picks and more to get Eli, so I sure hope he's better than Sanchez. The Jets obviously made a mistake with Sanchez, but that was another GM's mistake.

    Regarding Nas and Geno, they were hired for different reasons. Jets are still looking for their starter. They hired a good QB, who potentially can fill the QB role, this year and going forward. There is no need to detract from their pick at this time. I'll bet every team had Geno rated higher than Nassib.
    Do not feed the trolls.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
      Thanx :-) Good posts usually receive trouble because concerning the subject matter those replying didn't think of it.
      yeah I am jealous you made an assumption based on one paragraph's worth of information...
      You are entitled to your opnion but its based on nothing but a first impression of two unknowns......
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        yeah I am jealous you made an assumption based on one paragraph's worth of information...
        You are entitled to your opnion but its based on nothing but a first impression of two unknowns......
        Wow! My first impression of your response has left me speechless. Well not really. My impressions were based on comments from NFL execs who witnessed, and/or had first hand experience of Geno Smith's pre-draft behavior when he visited several teams and the fact that he had to be talked into having to stay at Radio City through the second round because he felt he was dissed. I also observed him to appear as to have an angry countenance when taking the stage at Radio City. My observation is that is not leadership qulaity and I believe immature and may well hand the Jets a problem child unles he can pull himself out of his self-inflicted funk. And ypu're correcr, my opinions are mine to have and with a right to express. Time and incidences may well prove me wrong, but also may prove me correct. You almost seem to be defensive about Smith maybe because ypu don't like Nassib. Whateverrrr

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
          Wow! My first impression of your response has left me speechless. Well not really. My impressions were based on comments from NFL execs who witnessed, and/or had first hand experience of Geno Smith's pre-draft behavior when he visited several teams and the fact that he had to be talked into having to stay at Radio City through the second round because he felt he was dissed. I also observed him to appear as to have an angry countenance when taking the stage at Radio City. My observation is that is not leadership qulaity and I believe immature and may well hand the Jets a problem child unles he can pull himself out of his self-inflicted funk. And ypu're correcr, my opinions are mine to have and with a right to express. Time and incidences may well prove me wrong, but also may prove me correct. You almost seem to be defensive about Smith maybe because ypu don't like Nassib. Whateverrrr
          just busting your chops Bro....dont take it personally. I am a wiseass....
          I am denfensive on Smith at all. He's a Jet and thats his problem. I like the Nassib draft too. I like the fact that the Giants may have a potentially productive back up. They never really have in Eli's tenure. Carr is done IMO. Great team guy but thats abotu it. At least with Nassib there is a clean slate and an unknown.
          As far as their individual personalities....the Giants 90% of the time draft for character as well as potential/talent. Thats their MO for the last several seasons.
          Geno Smith will get a good dose of humble pie this preseason. That may get his perceived attitude in order. If it doesnt then he is done before he even starts.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            mark this down., Nas is a better QB prospect than Geno Smith. Nas is smarter and more well spoken.
            Agreed x100 that he will be a better QB, not because he is more well spoken though.

            I also am willing to bet Nassib will be better then Barkley. I am not sure he will be better then Glennon or Wilson though. I also like Landry Jones. It really will depend on if the Giants ship him somewhere and where that place is. I liked EJ Manuel, until he went to Buffalo. If he went to Miami or San Diego, he would of had a better shot IMO.

            Geno wont be able to handle the NY pressure, especially in that Jets circus. Barkley will be a backup option in Philly, behind Vick this year and I feel next year Chip Kelly will get his future QB. There was just too much value for them not to get Barkley where they did, like we did with Nassib.

            Personally, I would of waited till the 7th round to get our backup QB in Matt Scott or Jordan Rodgers. I feel like those 2 would of been adequate choices for us in the situation we are in.
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

            Comment


            • #21
              Nassib sucks. I can't believe the Giants drafted him. LOL at people here saying he's better than Smith. Put the pipe down fellas.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                Nassib sucks. I can't believe the Giants drafted him. LOL at people here saying he's better than Smith. Put the pipe down fellas.
                Shocking you would think this.
                Hahahaha!!!!!!!
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Smith is much more talented. If he gets his act together he can be a very good QB in this league. Nassib reminds me of Carr. Nothing special and a guy who will get sacked a ton if he plays QB in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                    Ryan Nassib will quietly learn and improve and become an outstanding backup and a more than quality replacement for a starting job in the future.
                    I certainly hope this is the case, but it's way too early to make any kind of presumptions like this. You watch the senior bowl? Nassib relieved Glennon who started in the 1st half, Nassib went 4/10 for 44 yds, 1 fumble, 1 interception that half. He still has a lot to learn, accomplish, and prove before becoming a NY Giants starter. Pugh also faced problems in that game. Im not one to only look at one game, but that was pretty important as far as scouting is concerned and these guys didnt really show up. Even Nassibs pinstripe bowl win was mostly the syr. RB. He finished the game 12/24 for 127 yards 2 touchdowns, one interception.. nothing to shout over but they got the win. Im as hopeful as anybody that he does awesome down the road, but its just way too early to jump to conclusions. Lots of potential though.
                    2017 Draft Wishlist:
                    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                    sigpic
                    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                    - Homer J. Simpson

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Shocking you would think this.Hahahaha!!!!!!!
                      The same guy who said Eli will be the third best QB of all timr if he gets a third ring. Lolzy.
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        Smith is much more talented. If he gets his act together he can be a very good QB in this league. Nassib reminds me of Carr. Nothing special and a guy who will get sacked a ton if he plays QB in the NFL.
                        What specific characteristics in his game lead you to come to this conclusion?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                          Smith is much more talented. If he gets his act together he can be a very good QB in this league. Nassib reminds me of Carr. Nothing special and a guy who will get sacked a ton if he plays QB in the NFL.
                          How does Nassib remind you of anybody?? Hasnt played one down in the NFL....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            How does Nassib remind you of anybody?? Hasnt played one down in the NFL....
                            He panics when he sees college players come at him I can't imagine what will happen in the NFL. Don't want to either.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              The same guy who said Eli will be the third best QB of all timr if he gets a third ring. Lolzy.
                              Last edited by EliDaMANning; 05-03-2013, 02:23 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                                He panics when he sees college players come at him I can't imagine what will happen in the NFL. Don't want to either.
                                Giants org sees something worth while in him......so thats good enough for me.

                                hope you're wrong and he turns out to be a value to the team.....
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X