X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Pugh has GOT to be called T Rex.
    Trex are for kids
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
      depends on who has the better training camp and pre-season. Last year's pre-season Carr looked awful. If Nassib picks up the playbook quickly I would have no problem with the Giants cutting Carr
      Exactly my point, camp should give us a better idea. I'm OK if all we get out of Nassib is a QB who we can trust to come in and get the job done. A feeling I haven't had recently.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I'm reserving my judgement on the Nassib pick until I see the kid on the field. I didn't watch him play much in college. He will have one of the best QB's in the league to learn from, he should be fine. Carr still looks rattled in the pocket from his time with the Texans

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          and the next thing you know the player in front of him goes down. Knock on wood for Eli.
          this is when the Giants fans that hated the pick will go ohhhh shewww.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            this is when the Giants fans that hated the pick will go ohhhh shewww.
            So in your mind, he's already leapfrogged Carr as the 2nd stringer?

Mind you, you were more than confident that Carr could take over for an injured Eli and the beat would go on, and now you are just as confident that a guy who has never taken a snap in the pros could do it.

Why if I didn't know any better, I would say it seems like you are desperate to believe that Eli could easily be replaced.
            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Mind you, you were more than confident that Carr could take over for an injured Eli and the beat would go on, and now you are just as confident that a guy who has never taken a snap in the pros could do it.

Why if I didn't know any better, I would say it seems like you are desperate to believe that Eli could easily be replaced.
              no with carr i felt he might be able to manage a game. with this kid i feel he can win with his arm. but really im talking out of my butt im only speculating . we will see

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Yeah, I think it's a bit much. I've always viewed Carr as one of the elite backup QBs in the league. The idea that a rookie that has never played a snap in the pros, much less ran the complex Gilbride offense will outperform him is not based in reality. I am not for cutting Carr this year. God forbid Eli has to miss a couple of games, we still have a chance to win a game with Carr at QB.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• in theory you guys are correct, no idea if he can beat out Carr yet, but from what I saw and Gather , he is younger and may not have that oline panic Carr has. like i said we will see.
                  to be fair i dont think pugs will start at Tackle day one., so i see where you are coming from

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    Pugh has GOT to be called T Rex.
                    P- ​rex
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

no with carr i felt he might be able to manage a game. with this kid i feel he can win with his arm. but really im talking out of my butt im only speculating . we will see
                      Nassib doesn't have a better arm than Carr.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

Truth is most rookie QB's aren't ready for pro ball. Just look at Eli as an example. Even as the number pick in the draft he was 1-6 his rookie year.

It's very rare that a rookie has the ability to play winning ball his first year.

Player's like Simms are the exception, not the rule.
                        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

in theory you guys are correct, no idea if he can beat out Carr yet, but from what I saw and Gather , he is younger and may not have that oline panic Carr has. like i said we will see.
                          to be fair i dont think pugs will start at Tackle day one., so i see where you are coming from
                          Carr is definitely shell shocked.

Comment

• I saw Nas and thought Nas LOL

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                              I saw Nas and thought Nas LOL
                              half man half amazing

Comment

half man half amazing
                                I liked what you did there
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X