Nas Scouting Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
    Well, I am both an Eli fan and I like the Nassib pick. What does that make me?

A good fan.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Would Nassib's arm get tired midway through the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I predict that Nassib will end up more hated than Tony Romo around here in a year or 2. Especially if he plays well in preseason or any other opportunities to play.

Doctor Freud.......Calling Dr. Freud!!!!!
        Don't worry; he'll pretty clearly have enough fanboys rooting for his success solely for the exact inverse reasoning to make up for it on these boards. Both sides will be ridiculous.

Why exactly is this type of open baiting allowed, mods?

Comment

So I was looking at highlights of this kid...and I honestly think he can beat out Eli for the starting job if he got the chance.
          His decision making is great, TREMENDOUS accuracy and high football IQ. He doesn't throw the ball up for grabs, and he puts it right on the receivers hands...something Eli isn't that great at.

Eli is 32..earlier I said he has another 6 years, now he might have another 3, cause I can see Ryan Nassib is the future. Who knows, maybe the next greatest Giants quarterback behind Phil Simms.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
            More than Romo maybe but not as much as RG3 imo. Anyway, we should all want this kid to perform well in the preseason and for any snaps he might take in the regular season (even if Eli gets pulled because he's playing REALLY bad). A good Nassib is a potential future Giants starting QB or good trade chip that can net us a 1-3 round pick.
            I don't know if he's the next QB or not. I am anxious to see how Eli's mentoring helps (or not) his development because at some point, some QB is going to take on that role for real.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
              Don't worry; he'll pretty clearly have enough fanboys rooting for his success solely for the exact inverse reasoning to make up for it on these boards. Both sides will be ridiculous.

Why exactly is this type of open baiting allowed, mods?
              He's only baiting if someone take the bait. Even a fish can't be caught if it doesn't open its mouth.

Shouldn't we hope all of our draft picks are successful?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                He's only baiting if someone take the bait. Even a fish can't be caught if it doesn't open its mouth.

I'm not baiting anyone.
                The reality is that good backup makes a team better.
                It also helps that its a young guy, and if he develops, it is not impossible that he will be Eli's heir apparent. Its been done before. The Pack cast off a HOF'r for Aaaron Rodgers. Even we did it with Phil, much to my dismay.
                Its the way the NFL works. No one is "hating Eli" because they accept that this is what happens in the NFL.
                IF (and it a big IF) Nassib develops and Eli has the normal wear that a guy who's taken as many NFL snaps as he's had, at the end of Eli's contract there will be a very important decision to make.
                Do you give up a guy who could be the future of the team for a guy who has another year or two left. And they WILL have to give up on him if it comes to that.
                That's not baiting anyone. That's just NFL 101.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

He's baiting either way and trying to start something, whether successful or not.

That a mod thinks that type of behavior is okay -- from either "cultist" or "realist" side -- is probably partly why this board has fallen off so much from when I used to post here more regularly a few years ago and why it's probably not going to get any better any time soon.

Comment

I'm not baiting anyone.
                    The reality is that good backup makes a team better.
                    It also helps that its a young guy, and if he develops, it is not impossible that he will be Eli's heir apparent. Its been done before. The Pack cast off a HOF'r for Aaaron Rodgers. Even we did it with Phil, much to my dismay.
                    Its the way the NFL works. No one is "hating Eli" because they accept that this is what happens in the NFL.
                    IF (and it a big IF) Nassib develops and Eli has the normal wear that a guy who's taken as many NFL snaps as he's had, at the end of Eli's contract there will be a very important decision to make.
                    Do you give up a guy who could be the future of the team for a guy who has another year or two left. And they WILL have to give up on him if it comes to that.
                    I'm excited simply because we are thinking about life after Eli. It may be too soon for Nassib to be "the one." But if Eli were to start missing games, I really would like to have someone holding the clip board who would like to have the job permanently and has the skill sets to make it a reality.

Comment

He's baiting either way and trying to start something, whether successful or not.

That a mod thinks that type of behavior is okay -- from either "cultist" or "realist" side -- is probably partly why this board has fallen off so much from when I used to post here more regularly a few years ago and why it's probably not going to get any better any time soon.

Well........bye! Careful not to let the door hit you in that stick up your ***.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I just don't understand your argument. This is where we come to discuss Giants football. No one is ever going to agree with everyone else. The really cool part about participating here is each of us has the opportunity to comment or not.

Everyone who posts is trying to start something or keep something going.

Comment

Eli is only a $2.25 mil hit on dead money if we release him in 2015 and if Eli really gets to that point like you are saying in this hypothetical situation, they (as in the FO) might have no issues cutting ties at that point. Still think Nassib is the next Mallet but you never know.

Comment

Just root for the guy and stop trying to find hidden motives in everything. We have an opportunity to have a transition down the road from one franchise QB to another. That doesn't happen very often.
                            If Eli continues to play well no one is replacing him anytime soon.

Comment

Eli is only a $2.25 mil hit on dead money if we release him in 2015 and if Eli really gets to that point like you are saying in this hypothetical situation, they (as in the FO) might have no issues cutting ties at that point. Still think Nassib is the next Mallet but you never know.
                              Question: Do you see any harm in the FO actually "looking" forward to the day we need to replace Eli? Whether it's Nassib or some college freshman?

Comment

Honestly...I have have no idea what he might be. But I'm hoping hard that he turns out to be a great QB.
                                And if it happens. If someday he become our new franchise QB, and he throws a dumb pick into coverage, I'm going to complain about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X