• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully he can contribute.

Comment

Can't have too many "physical" guys

Comment

Herman is big and strong, and a load to bring down..

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
          We also haven't had many pancake blocks since he left. When Richie pulled he put dudes on their backs!
          He really was one of the best pulling guards of his time.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ng-eric-herman

Excerpt: "We're taking a little closer look at each draft pick and what the Giants' brass is saying about the newcomers.

Seventh-round pick: G Eric Herman, Ohio

Here's our Rapid Reaction on Herman and what the Giants are saying about him:

Jerry Reese: "A big, tough, nasty guard. We really liked him. We’d been looking at him on the board for a while there and we were hoping that if he could get to the seventh row he’d be a nice pick for us at that spot. He’ll create some competition at the guard position –- tough, hard-nosed, big football player."

Marc Ross: "Eric Herman is just a tough, nasty brawler as a guard. I mean this guy is just physical. He likes contact. He plays hard. Not the most gifted athlete, but he’s just a tough guy and he’s big. A big, smart, tough guy and we think he’ll bring a physical presence to the line."

Tom Coughlin: "A tough guy, another offensive lineman. He is a guy that will slug it out and battle with you. So a great spot for him right there." Read more...
            I hope he develops under the wings of Deihl, Snee and Co. I've been longing for this kind of player for a while. Hope the kid has a sense of humor because he is going to need it with those jokers waiting for him to arrive. They are going to have a blast with that young buck.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I am more excited about seeing what this guy can do than what Pugh can. I like the stats on pancake blocks, though Orlando Pace had a million or so.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                We could sure use a Rich Seubert this season
                +1

We could use a Rich Seubert EVERY season.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  +1 We could use a Rich Seubert EVERY season.
                  AMEN
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

This kid is a clone of Mitch Petrus. Strong upper body, not much of an athlete. I was a excited when the Giants drafted Petrus, and Linval Joseph called him the best offensive lineman he played against in college. Turned out the kid can't play in the NFL. ...We'll see if Herman is different, but there's a reason he almost didn't get drafted despite being "Mr. Pancake".

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                      This kid is a clone of Mitch Petrus. Strong upper body, not much of an athlete. I was a excited when the Giants drafted Petrus, and Linval Joseph called him the best offensive lineman he played against in college. Turned out the kid can't play in the NFL. ...We'll see if Herman is different, but there's a reason he almost didn't get drafted despite being "Mr. Pancake".
                      Supposedly Petrus didn't have the fire at the point of attack.

This kid does (supposedly).
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Its all about desire and attitude......
                        Petrus, for whatever reason, cant hack it. He has the tools just not the drive.....
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                          Supposedly Petrus didn't have the fire at the point of attack.

This kid does (supposedly).
                          I hope you're right.

Comment

Herman is country strong..!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              Its all about desire and attitude......
                              Petrus, for whatever reason, cant hack it. He has the tools just not the drive.....
                              I don't believe that is true. From what I heard the opposite is true. He had plenty of heart, but not the ability.

Comment

I don't believe that is true. From what I heard the opposite is true. He had plenty of heart, but not the ability.
                                thats a general statement I feel about pro athletes. If you make it to the pro level then you have the tools IMO.
                                The rest is work, desire, study, passion, and effort. If you want it you will get it. Of course there are exceptions but IMO more times then not its attitude that separates the successful pro athletes from the also rans....
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X