Ryan Nassib On NY Giants: "I'm So Happy To Be Joining Them"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
    I think it's more likely that if Nassib plays well in preseason and any mop up duty that he may get, that he may be traded to a QB starved team for a 1st or 2nd. We've seen much precedent in the league recently.
    Huh? Pre-season plus mop up does not = #1 or #2.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      Huh? Pre-season plus mop up does not = #1 or #2.
      It did for Kevin Kolb.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        It did for Kevin Kolb.
        Nope, he played real games and played reasonably well in them. It was not mop up duty. That is just not a winning strategy. Drafting guys so that you can try to pull the wool over the eyes of other GM's with a position like QB. You either like the guy or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          LOL GOOD ONE

Comment

If things work out and he prgresses well he will get impatient eventually........as he should. Time will tell
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
              its not really our style to do the whole draft bait thing. i think they want to keep him as a quality backup and possible future starter
              We once traded a player for a conditional pick after telling him he was cut. I don't think drafting a player with the thought that he could be future trade bait is that far out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                We once traded a player for a conditional pick after telling him he was cut. I don't think drafting a player with the thought that he could be future trade bait is that far out of the question.
                If the truth be told, Harooni has crossed every apendage that it is possible to cross hoping that somehow, someway...this kid starts soon. I would venture to guess that September wouldn't be too soon for him.

Of course...I haven't really seen this kid without his uniform but if he is not pretty old hardy har har rooni probably won't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  I didn't see this team EVER drafting a QB, either...
                  Why? We've already drafted 2 since Eli's been here.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                    I think it's more likely that if Nassib plays well in preseason and any mop up duty that he may get, that he may be traded to a QB starved team for a 1st or 2nd. We've seen much precedent in the league recently.
                    I'm inclined to think they would then make hin the back yp for the duratoin of his rookie contract and, if Eli is still knocking them dead at that time, consider trading him if there is someone in college they like as a replacement or pay him as the heir apparent.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      I guess it's always an option.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        I guess it's always an option.
                        It seems like an after the fact strategy at best to me. If a guy blossoms before you can use him, so be it but to take up a valuable roster spot with a guy who's being groomed to be traded seems a bit of a stretch to me. Especially at QB where the back-up needs to be ready to play and help at a moment's notice, stockpiling for the purpose of a future trade just seems a reach. The draft is such a crap shoot anyway.

Comment

It seems like an after the fact strategy at best to me. If a guy blossoms before you can use him, so be it but to take up a valuable roster spot with a guy who's being groomed to be traded seems a bit of a stretch to me. Especially at QB where the back-up needs to be ready to play and help at a moment's notice, stockpiling for the purpose of a future trade just seems a reach. The draft is such a crap shoot anyway.
                          I agree it's not likely that was their first thought when they saw he was still there. I honestly think the FO is always looking at their 5 and 10 year plans and because Nassib was still ther in the 4th round, they had him going in the 1st or 2nd I think, they may have just thought now is the time to start looking forward to solidify the back-up QB situation. While I do think it's early in terms of Eli's anticipated longevity, it's really not early in terms of "what ifs" that can't be predicted.

Comment

What I expect from Nassib ....

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              What I expect from Nassib ....

"Nassib Hate" is all the rage on the Giants MB.

Its like the Macarena.
                              Last edited by Morehead State; 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nope, he played real games and played reasonably well in them. It was not mop up duty. That is just not a winning strategy. Drafting guys so that you can try to pull the wool over the eyes of other GM's with a position like QB. You either like the guy or you don't.
                                Dont over estimate the desperation of a team with no QB. They are willing to give up these picks for potential.
                                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                                X