Eli not in top 100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

Are you saying you think Eli is a top 10 QB of all time?
    Nah he's trying to belittle me because I, as a fan, said I believe by the time eli retires and some time passes the narrative of him will change and he will be considered a top 10 all time qb.

I base this, again, as being a fan, in my hopes eli has an excellent close to his career and hoists another Lombardi.

I believe when he retires he will be top 10 and even top 5 in some, all the major stats for a qb. I believe he will have a 3rd Sb Mvp. And I hope with Marshall and Ingram he has a season where he even makes a run at league mvp.

now I have zero issue if others in fact if no one else agrees with me. I totally get why. It's jusdt my opini9n and hope. I'm not trying to push my beliefs onto others as gospel nor am I trying to belittle others if they think different than me.

that job is already taken by a few on here. It's easy to see by whom, too. For me at least.

hope that clarified. Ms does not i do and I explain why and MS feels the need to keep citing a comment I made in passing flippantly. I didn't even speak it to him he just read my comment to anothwr. Take care.
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 06-22-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Cuz Cam went to the Super Bowl in 2015.
      and melted down again last year. Let's just get to the playoffs (AGAIN) and then we'll see how that list turns out. Cousins sure showed why he made the list with his playoff clinching game against us last year.

Comment

And another thing in 2010 eli didn't make the list either and he had a killer 2011 calling himself elite.

and btw reading the comments, who would try and claim at this point in time eli is a top 10 qb all time??

certainly not I. I stipulated clearly I believed it would happen after he retires and the big play memories start to overshadow any remembrance of the int issue earlier in his career.

IF we won another Sb and eli had a 2011 like campaign and he won sb mvp. And he had 3 or 4 more years like his 2011 2015 2009 2008 seasons, yoiu think it would be inconceivable for him to be considered top 10 even if you personally do not?

I see no difficulty in that scenario and as a fan that's what I am hoping for bc it would mean a lot of wins for the giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

and melted down again last year. Let's just get to the playoffs (AGAIN) and then we'll see how that list turns out. Cousins sure showed why he made the list with his playoff clinching game against us last year.
          Getting to the playoffs have little to do with getting on the list. Eli made it last year with a 6-10 record. Brees has made the list every year and when was the last time the Saints made the playoffs?? I'm sure the Saints have made the playoffs only once over the past 5 seasons.

Comment

It's pretty simple why some players make it year in and year despite have sub par seasons. Consistency. Consistency breeds reputation. If you're bad one year and then good the next, who the heck knows how people will feel about you. Consistency will give you the benefit of the doubt. Brees could have a bad year and he'd still get in. Didn't JJ Watt make the list and he didn't even play most the year?
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

I used to hold validity to this top 100 list. Now its a popularity contest. if it were stats, Eli would be on there. Should be based off a players performance not just one season. Dak beating out Brees for 14 spot? This makes my laugh.. Brees with a ring.. and his stats... Dak should be on the top 200 but not the top 20. This is one way I lose joy in this madness. guy gets one season under him and he surpasses SO MANY productive and proven players. this top 100 reads like a simpsons episode

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
                I used to hold validity to this top 100 list. Now its a popularity contest. if it were stats, Eli would be on there. Should be based off a players performance not just one season. Dak beating out Brees for 14 spot? This makes my laugh.. Brees with a ring.. and his stats... Dak should be on the top 200 but not the top 20. This is one way I lose joy in this madness. guy gets one season under him and he surpasses SO MANY productive and proven players. this top 100 reads like a simpsons episode
                Nothing personal but the entire problem is in your first sentence. Why on earth would you ever hold validity in this?

Would you take investment advice from a five year old, lol?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  And another thing in 2010 eli didn't make the list either and he had a killer 2011 calling himself elite.

and btw reading the comments, who would try and claim at this point in time eli is a top 10 qb all time??

certainly not I. I stipulated clearly I believed it would happen after he retires and the big play memories start to overshadow any remembrance of the int issue earlier in his career.

IF we won another Sb and eli had a 2011 like campaign and he won sb mvp. And he had 3 or 4 more years like his 2011 2015 2009 2008 seasons, yoiu think it would be inconceivable for him to be considered top 10 even if you personally do not?

I see no difficulty in that scenario and as a fan that's what I am hoping for bc it would mean a lot of wins for the giants.
                  Eli was ranked highly on this same list in 2011. And deservedly so, he was a top 3 QB that year. Too bad that year was more the exception than the rule

Eli will be remember for being a incredibly inconsistent QB who came through in the clutch. Not sure if that warrants top 10 all time but thats all relative. For me he's far from that list.

His "int issues from earlier in his career" haven't really gone away. He throws tons of balls into coverage and still hits double digit INT's every year, no matter who you try to pin them on. His career 59.7 completion percentage is horrible in this era, while yes, he played in a low percentage completion offence with KG but his completion percentage hasn't even climbed to a league average in Bens offence. Not good

To each their own
                  Last edited by CGYgiant; 06-22-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I read it on the computer interweb so it HAS to be true.
                    Ha! Well in that case, I think you're right. Nah, I was actually curious b/c some of Eli's stats can make the argument for him being top 10. I would've disagreed but you could make the argument.
                    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                    Garrett Bolles - OT
                    David Njoku - TE
                    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Nah he's trying to belittle me because I, as a fan, said I believe by the time eli retires and some time passes the narrative of him will change and he will be considered a top 10 all time qb.

I base this, again, as being a fan, in my hopes eli has an excellent close to his career and hoists another Lombardi.

I believe when he retires he will be top 10 and even top 5 in some, all the major stats for a qb. I believe he will have a 3rd Sb Mvp. And I hope with Marshall and Ingram he has a season where he even makes a run at league mvp.

now I have zero issue if others in fact if no one else agrees with me. I totally get why. It's jusdt my opini9n and hope. I'm not trying to push my beliefs onto others as gospel nor am I trying to belittle others if they think different than me.

that job is already taken by a few on here. It's easy to see by whom, too. For me at least.

hope that clarified. Ms does not i do and I explain why and MS feels the need to keep citing a comment I made in passing flippantly. I didn't even speak it to him he just read my comment to anothwr. Take care.
                      You can make that argument today. Based on many stats he is a top 10 QB of all time. That said, even if he wins another SB MVP I'd have to disagree.

As a Giants fan, watching every game Eli has played in the NFL I know he's not a top 10 QB of all time. He's not even close. There are too many variables that come into play when it comes to offensive stats, particularly in this day in age, and I could argue there have been years throughout Eli's career when he wasn't even a top 10 active QB. Even with those "offensive friendly" variables in play.

Taking it a step further, I also can't stand the Super Bowl argument. For any NFL player,. I hear this argument all the time, so nothing personal, but football is the epitome of a team sport. A players success is dependent on the success of the players around him. So, to say "this player is better than that player" due to the amount of rings he has is bogus in my opinion.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                      Garrett Bolles - OT
                      David Njoku - TE
                      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Oh no!! Guess we better just forfeit the season until we get a guy who can make it on someone's meaningless list. Why does anyone care about this?
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

It's a load of baloney... But a slice of meat that I saw coming from a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandGiantFan View Post

He does, you just have an unhealthy obsession with our quarterback to the point where you are the only who perceives these slights. He didn't play well last year, and made the list the year before. You want to cherry pick touchdowns to argue that he should've been in the top 10 for 2015, but I don't see you advocating for Blake Bortles.
                            you got a unhealthy obsession with me stalker. The f you care why I talk about Eli manning on a giants message board?

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

You can make that argument today. Based on many stats he is a top 10 QB of all time. That said, even if he wins another SB MVP I'd have to disagree.

As a Giants fan, watching every game Eli has played in the NFL I know he's not a top 10 QB of all time. He's not even close. There are too many variables that come into play when it comes to offensive stats, particularly in this day in age, and I could argue there have been years throughout Eli's career when he wasn't even a top 10 active QB. Even with those "offensive friendly" variables in play.

Taking it a step further, I also can't stand the Super Bowl argument. For any NFL player,. I hear this argument all the time, so nothing personal, but football is the epitome of a team sport. A players success is dependent on the success of the players around him. So, to say "this player is better than that player" due to the amount of rings he has is bogus in my opinion.
                              Excellent post. I always say that if individual is really that great they usually dont need a lot of defending.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                                Oh no!! Guess we better just forfeit the season until we get a guy who can make it on someone's meaningless list. Why does anyone care about this?

It's this kind of reply that is going to get you bounced right off my top 100 posters list, bub

Comment

Working...
                                X