Eli not in top 100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

respect form his peers? because he wasn't voted prom king?

lmao - this is a players list, keep it in the proper context and you'll save a fortune in kleenex
    you think I was crying there? I was pointing out how useless that list is especially considering how different the sentiments are from players when they are speaking in front of the microphone about playing with Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

You can make that argument today. Based on many stats he is a top 10 QB of all time. That said, even if he wins another SB MVP I'd have to disagree.

As a Giants fan, watching every game Eli has played in the NFL I know he's not a top 10 QB of all time. He's not even close. There are too many variables that come into play when it comes to offensive stats, particularly in this day in age, and I could argue there have been years throughout Eli's career when he wasn't even a top 10 active QB. Even with those "offensive friendly" variables in play.

Taking it a step further, I also can't stand the Super Bowl argument. For any NFL player,. I hear this argument all the time, so nothing personal, but football is the epitome of a team sport. A players success is dependent on the success of the players around him. So, to say "this player is better than that player" due to the amount of rings he has is bogus in my opinion.

Nicely said; I agree. Although logic compels me to take it to its inescapable conclusion which is the pointlessness of attempting to compare individual players in football at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

you think I was crying there? I was pointing out how useless that list is especially considering how different the sentiments are from players when they are speaking in front of the microphone about playing with Eli.
        No, I do not. I was just taking it to the requisite absurd lengths that we do with everything.

Comment

You can make that argument today. Based on many stats he is a top 10 QB of all time. That said, even if he wins another SB MVP I'd have to disagree.

As a Giants fan, watching every game Eli has played in the NFL I know he's not a top 10 QB of all time. He's not even close. There are too many variables that come into play when it comes to offensive stats, particularly in this day in age, and I could argue there have been years throughout Eli's career when he wasn't even a top 10 active QB. Even with those "offensive friendly" variables in play.

Taking it a step further, I also can't stand the Super Bowl argument. For any NFL player,. I hear this argument all the time, so nothing personal, but football is the epitome of a team sport. A players success is dependent on the success of the players around him. So, to say "this player is better than that player" due to the amount of rings he has is bogus in my opinion.
          I agree for the most part but I think Eli deserves the recognition he gets for the amazing plays he made in the Super Bowls.

It's part of his legacy and it's why he's considered an all time Giants great.

But of course that doesn't make him an all-time great. Neither does his stats during this pass-happy era of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

you got a unhealthy obsession with me stalker. The f you care why I talk about Eli manning on a giants message board?
            Why are you getting so butthurt over a a list based on opinion that you have to cherry picks stats to try and prove otherwise? Do you know how opinions work? You say you aren't upset over it yet you claim that Eli gets no respect from his peers because of the placement on the list. Absolutely ridiculous.
            Last edited by LongIslandGiantFan; 06-22-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Bottom line is it must suck to be a franchise QB of the NYG and not even be voted in the top 100 players.

Regardless if its a bull**** poll or if Eli cares or not it is still a kick in the balls.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by LongIslandGiantFan View Post

Why are you getting so butthurt over a a list based on opinion that you have to cherry picks stats to try and prove otherwise? Do you know how opinions work? You say you aren't upset over it yet you claim that Eli gets no respect from his peers because of the placement on the list. Absolutely ridiculous.

I was wondering if you're still dirtying your panties from our last encounter. That was months ago. Either you're a slow healer or just pathetically dimwitted, I'm guessing both.

yA said no one cares and I was agreeing with him because of the mixed messages from the players. Nothing more or less but since you hold grudges like 12 year old you made up something that isn't there.
                Last edited by DarkSaint; 06-23-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

​​​​​​​Yeah, those 2011 Giants were very successful at 9-7 and did not have to be bailed out multiple times. Was he a major factor in his TWO Super Bowls? He's got two Super Bowl MVPs to back it up. Do we just totally disregard that and marginalize his accomplishments as if he was not the QB of those teams? If you can actually recognize that he LED those teams to two Super Bowls, then you'll appreciate that although it is a team game that he earned every bit of his MAJOR part in it. And yes, both times he came from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    Bottom line is it must suck to be a franchise QB of the NYG and not even be voted in the top 100 players.

Regardless if its a bull**** poll or if Eli cares or not it is still a kick in the balls.

If I had to guess I'm thinking he could not possibly care less about this. Winning tends to provide perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      He will obviously be in the top 10. How is it possible that a top 10 all time QB isn't in the top ten players of 2016? Don't worry people.
                      Because they ask the players to vote and they pick their own qb. Or the flashy guy. Highlights sell. (apparently more then championships)

I doubt they make these players actually list 100 players in order anyway.

Comment

24.6 tds 16.5 ints 3709 yards and sacked 25 times a season - average for career and 2 rings
                        24.7 tds 14.8 ints 3609 yards and sacked 15 times a season - average for career and 0 rings

Both 12+ years playing. Who's had the better career?

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

​​​​​​​Yeah, those 2011 Giants were very successful at 9-7 and did not have to be bailed out multiple times. Was he a major factor in his TWO Super Bowls? He's got two Super Bowl MVPs to back it up. Do we just totally disregard that and marginalize his accomplishments as if he was not the QB of those teams? If you can actually recognize that he LED those teams to two Super Bowls, then you'll appreciate that although it is a team game that he earned every bit of his MAJOR part in it. And yes, both times he came from behind.

The argument that winning a championship makes one player better than another is simply /bogus. It's not a knock against Eli. That goes for all team sports, and players playing on a team.

In Eli's case, yes he played a role in winning the 2 SB's. So did our front 7, so did the miraculous catches by our WR's, so did the defensive player for the Patriot's who dropped the "sure" INT on the final drive, etc. There are simply too many variables that come into play to use championships won as a valid argument, in my opinion.

Dan Marino has 0 Super Bowl wins
                          Trent Dilfer has 1 Super Bowl win
                          Brad Johnson has 1 Super Bowl win

Of the three, who's the better QB?
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Nicely said; I agree. Although logic compels me to take it to its inescapable conclusion which is the pointlessness of attempting to compare individual players in football at all.
                            Absolutely. That's what makes it fun.
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Nothing personal but the entire problem is in your first sentence. Why on earth would you ever hold validity in this?

Would you take investment advice from a five year old, lol?
                              because it used to cover the positions objectively rather than popularity. somewhere the past 6 years this Top 100 list got jacked.

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post

because it used to cover the positions objectively rather than popularity. somewhere the past 6 years this Top 100 list got jacked.
                                The top 100 list has been jacked since its inception. Freaking Josh Freeman and Donovan McNabb "who had a terrible year with more picks than tds" made the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X