Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sterling Shepard best route runner on the team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterling Shepard best route runner on the team?

Read an article the other day that said Shep with his strong off season (coming off an already impress rookie campaign) is now the team's best route runner.

That is ​​​big statement when Odell Beckham is on the same roster. That's saying a lot...

I can't find the link roa ​​​​​​I apologize. If someone finds it and wants to post it feel free.

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Read an article the other day that said Shep with his strong off season (coming off an already impress rookie campaign) is now the team's best route runner.

That is ​​​big statement when Odell Beckham is on the same roster. That's saying a lot...

I can't find the link roa ​​​​​​I apologize. If someone finds it and wants to post it feel free.
    Odell is arguably the best route runner in the league. I think that Antonio Brown is the best in that department, with OBJ right there behind him. That article (please provide a link when you find one), is probably some fan of ours blogging or something.
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-gi...ring-standouts

Found ​​it

Comment

This will be tough to get noticed. But when Shep does get the ball he had better catch it, whatever few catches he will make, every opportunity will need to be successful

Comment

I can't imagine anyone running better routes than Odell. The separation he creates when he plants his foot is incredible.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
          Garrett Bolles - OT
          David Njoku - TE
          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
            This will be tough to get noticed. But when Shep does get the ball he had better catch it, whatever few catches he will make, every opportunity will need to be successful
            I disagree completely.

I imagine he will get targeted ​​​​​​just as much as Odell seeing as how he's the slot receiver.

Pick your poison, ​​​Odell, Bmarsh, Shep, Engram, Vereen... The possibilities are endless more than ever before.

Comment

Has to be Odell. Shep is a great route runner, but Odell is special.

Comment

I disagree completely.

I imagine he will get targeted ​​​​​​just as much as Odell seeing as how he's the slot receiver.

Pick your poison, ​​​Odell, Bmarsh, Shep, Engram, Vereen... The possibilities are endless more than ever before.
                I don't think all of these guys are gonna be on the field at the same time. LOL

If Flowers and Hart do in fact improve and our defense is top 3 like last year, we win the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
                  Why do you make it sound like he won't get many chances? I know we have Marshall and Engram now but just looking at the numbers from last year I think Shep will get close to 100 targets again this year. ODB had 169 targets, lets say he remains the same. Cruz had 72 which will go to Marshall plus maybe 20 more. Then Tye had 70. I don't think Engram gets that many targets, lets say 50. That leaves Shep still around 100. Plus Jennings, Rainey, Vereen and Perk combined for 110 targets. I doubt Perk/Vereen get that many. Shep will have plenty of targets to make a good season again this year.

As for his route running. I would agree to a certain degree. ODB is better at certain aspects of route running (explosiveness for sure, quickness ect) but I think Shep runs perfect routes as in the accuracy of the route in the same way Steve Smith used to do for us. That is part of what makes Shep so good. Eli loves a good route runner. "Better" and "best" are objective terms here.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
                    I can't imagine anyone running better routes than Odell. The separation he creates when he plants his foot is incredible.
                    Yep. Maybe Shep will see more open space this coming season, with the coverage having to deal with all these other guys.

Comment

Unless the article was compiled* based on feedback from coaches, it's all just blah, blah, blah
                      Last edited by Sarcasman; 06-22-2017, 11:27 AM. Reason: *spelling

Comment

I disagree completely.

I feel that Shepard benefits the most from the additions of Marshall & Engram. He now draws the opposing teams 3rd best defenders each game and will never see double coverage. Good luck with that opposing DCs. The kid will eat up his opponent every game.

He did great last year as a Rookie and all he really had to compliment him was Odell. Cruz was pretty much invisible. And the kid found ways to get open. Imagine him this year with the other weapons a DC has to worry about.

You are right NYGlifeNYG!!! PICK YOUR POISON. Of course this all is determined on how good the Line can be to give Eli time to find these guys
                        Last edited by miked1958; 06-22-2017, 10:08 AM.
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Yep. Maybe Shep will see more open space this coming season, with the coverage having to deal with all these other guys.
                          This.. see my other post. And I have been writing this in tons of other threads. Teams will be burned by Shepard all year
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Why do you make it sound like he won't get many chances? I know we have Marshall and Engram now but just looking at the numbers from last year I think Shep will get close to 100 targets again this year. ODB had 169 targets, lets say he remains the same. Cruz had 72 which will go to Marshall plus maybe 20 more. Then Tye had 70. I don't think Engram gets that many targets, lets say 50. That leaves Shep still around 100. Plus Jennings, Rainey, Vereen and Perk combined for 110 targets. I doubt Perk/Vereen get that many. Shep will have plenty of targets to make a good season again this year.

As for his route running. I would agree to a certain degree. ODB is better at certain aspects of route running (explosiveness for sure, quickness ect) but I think Shep runs perfect routes as in the accuracy of the route in the same way Steve Smith used to do for us. That is part of what makes Shep so good. Eli loves a good route runner. "Better" and "best" are objective terms here.
                            I said this because we have so many weapons. When a WR does get the ball, he'll have to catch it. But to each his own..
                            If we had only 2 good WR's, that wouldn't be a REAL issue. We'd have to go to him. But with OBJ, Shepard, BM and so on. Eli will figure out his go to guys.
                            Last edited by giant-4-life; 06-22-2017, 02:21 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts.

Comment

Shepard is the best route runner at OTAs

Comment

Working...
                              X