No announcement yet.

NY Giants' Defensive Line Poised To Return To Form In 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hankins looks like he can be a real help as long as he keeps his weight under control. They will not be playing him 60-70 plays a game.

Comment

I just hope this new DT rotation helps the DEs get pressure. 6.5 sacks was not a good look for JPP last year.

Comment

Wonder how much webbys awful play factors in to that drop off. Kinda hard to get to the qb when he was always getting torched. I'm in no way layin all the blame on him nor am I giving him the bulk of it. Just sayin I wonder how bad our dline would've looked with 2007 webby back there. Oh yeah rolle sucked too

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          I'm not sure losing Osi was a "hit" given his level of play in 2012. Losing him did make us face the issue with FA and draft signings. I think having Kiwanuka at DE is an upgrade over Osi.
          It is not a "hit" at all. We have to consider the cash we saved with his salary and how it was redeployed to other players who can help us more. His drop off over the past few years (especially against the run) has been significant.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I think the premise of the article is a bit of a stretch. Depth does not equate to dominance. We certainly cleared out some clunkers and replace them with some interesting guys but I'm going to reserve judgement on this one. I hope the article is right on, we'll see.
            The article was off in a few respects. I don't see a health Canty as the difference between our SB run run-defense and last year's abysmal effort. I don't think Hankins is depth. I see him evolving into a guy you want on the field for 3 downs.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I'm not sure losing Osi was a "hit" given his level of play in 2012. Losing him did make us face the issue with FA and draft signings. I think having Kiwanuka at DE is an upgrade over Osi.
              Agreed, but if you choose what side to run at they will run to Kiwi's side rather than JPP's. The first place they will run is up the middle after watching last year's game tape.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                Agreed, but if you choose what side to run at they will run to Kiwi's side rather than JPP's. The first place they will run is up the middle after watching last year's game tape.
                And we have thsoe two former Eagles' wide bodies to FILL those holes, hopefully.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Article says Cweb had an injury? What injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post

deep laceration to his pride

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                      Hamstring and a broken hand
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If CWeb comes back to form, and Prince/Hausley continue to develop (I though Prince was playing quite well by the end of the season) our "weakness" at CB may end up a strength.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                          If CWeb comes back to form, and Prince/Hausley continue to develop (I though Prince was playing quite well by the end of the season) our "weakness" at CB may end up a strength.
                          Your fingertips to God's ears lol

Comment

I our D-Line being better this year just from having Jenkins in there over Bernard. Add Hankins in there to stop the run and take on double teams and things SHOULD go much better overall for the Giants Defense. I see Hankins becoming a MAJOR force against the run and as a space eater. He's shown when fresh at Ohio State pure dominance on the line. Lets hope it carries over into the NFL.

Comment

The hammy would explain a lot. I wonder when he got the hammy. I'm telling you RF C-Web will be back to form next year.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                                The hammy would explain a lot. I wonder when he got the hammy. I'm telling you RF C-Web will be back to form next year.
                                I sure hope so, when he's healthy we need him on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X