What They're Saying: Cooper Taylor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Probably just camp fodder. Hope i'm wrong though.
    We don't draft players to be camp fodder. That may be what they become, but .....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Cooper could turn out to be the impact player in this draft.He's got the physical demensions to be plugged into a couple different spots, Fewell's gotta be excited to see what this kid can do for his schemes.
      my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

NFL scouts did try him out at LB drills at the East West Shrine game and at his pro day. Coverage LBs are hard to find, may be easier just to have a hybrid safety.

Comment

I hope he's not an injury-prone player either. I looked up all the injuries he had in his college career and I surprised it hasn't slowed him down.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            Rolle replacement.
            Dream on..

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men4Supes View Post
              Dude's strong, too: 23 reps on the bench press.
              More then Justin Pugh and he is 80 pounds lighter

Comment

Love this pick, he is the perfect (size speed) guy for that third Safety position. They were thinking that J Will could do it last year but I'm not sure he was the right fit there. This guy is big and can be difficult to throw around!

Comment

Taylor might turn out to be another Brad Van Pelt for us, similar size and speed. Sports people said at the time that Van Pelt was too tall and didn't have the build for a LBer and we saw how that went....

Comment

if he is so good why did he fall to the 5th?

Comment

Originally posted by Battyboyy View Post
                      if he is so good why did he fall to the 5th?
                      Probally the heart condition and playing for a small school..

Comment

Both GM Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin mentioned fifth-round pick Cooper Taylor as a candidate for the Giants' three-safety package in addition to playing special teams as a rookie.
                        Taylor goes 6-foot-4, 228 with 4.49 wheels. He was viewed as a linebacker prospect by some teams. "He is a safety by trade but you drop him down in that three-safety package or whatever you want to do," said Coughlin. "Whether he plays an outside backer or whatever." Taylor will have to earn the job in camp.
                        Source: ESPN New York May 5 - 1:17 PM

Comment

Taylor has had some health issues. He has broken both hands, torn a pectoral muscle while bench pressing, and had major heart surgery. That probably scared off many teams. I imagine he'll probably make the Giants due to his potential on special teams, aside from any future as a safety/OLB.

Comment

Working...
                          X