Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many years does Eli Manning have left as the Giants' quarterback?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years does Eli Manning have left as the Giants' quarterback?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "The expiration date on Eli Manning's status as the Giants' starting quarterback has been a source of debate this offseason. And that's only among the team's front office.

General manager Jerry Reese kicked off the offseason by acknowledging that the 36-year-old Manning "is probably on the back nine," adding that "we have started to think about who is the next quarterback."

Reese put those words into action by picking quarterback Davis Webb in the third round of the draft.

"Eli has however much time that he has left, two or three years left in his contract or however long he plays," Reese said when he announced the selection of Webb.

A ticking clock could be heard in the background even as Reese endorsed Manning.

"Let me get this straight guys, we hope that Eli plays for a long time for us," Reese said on draft night. "Eli is our quarterback and we still think that he can play at a high level, but we do know that he's not going to play forever, so we are trying to make the best decision as we move forward for the rest of Eli's career." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This is going to be painful methinks
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      This is going to be painful methinks
      Ill take all this pain for two superbowls anyday

Comment

it is painful to think about replacing arguably the best qb in Giants history. one can only hope last season was a down year for Eli and he will bounce back putting the subject of "expiration dates" on the back burner.
        sigpic

Comment

my guess he is plays 2 more and then call its quits. Including this season.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

When you start writing him off is when he starts proving you wrong, then people's sentiments totally change. If he wins another Super Bowl within the next 2-3 years, will anyone be so gung-ho to show him the door? He can finish off his contract and retire but I hope he retires on top. If he wins another Super Bowl next year, he can just retire.

Comment

His contract is set up for two more years. His play seems to suggest that as well. The third year in his contract has very little penalty for the team for moving on.
              My guess is that he plays through the 2018 season and then end his career with the Giants.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                His contract is set up for two more years. His play seems to suggest that as well. The third year in his contract has very little penalty for the team for moving on.
                My guess is that he plays through the 2018 season and then end his career with the Giants.
                He probably has about a 85% chance of ending his career with the giants?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

He probably has about a 85% chance of ending his career with the giants?
                  More like 99%

Comment

Call it what you will - but I thnk he has a dynamite year this year and essentially buys himself the ability to retire when he wants on his terms.

Comment

I would say at least 3-4 more years barring any injury.

Comment

At the very least Eli plays this year and next no matter what, imo. I personally think he gets the 3rd year also. And you know with Brady and Brees playing into their 40's you just never know. So far Eli is healthier than most QB's. If the O line holds up Eli could have monster year. Then Giants might even extend him, which should send McAdoo over the edge. Maybe we get rid of McAdoo before Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                          Eli could have monster year. .
                          Eli put up 26 tds with everyone focused on Beckham last year. If these new weapons prove out those #s should go up. If Eli puts up 60+ tds these next 2 years I would think he ain't going anywhere. If he doesn't it's probably time to move on with a new guy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

Eli put up 26 tds with everyone focused on Beckham last year.
                              That is some funny **** right there my friend........Good for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X