Ojomo...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    The truth is that I never fall in love with guys on hype, potential, size, even previous resume. I only get fired up when I see real production in real NFL games, playing for us against starters on the other side of the ball. In the mean time I will be at most intrigued................even if he is my cousin.
    He is going to make you proud this season and then you are going to have to invite him to the reunion.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
      lol.. I'm just excited to see these new faces on the Dline. Hopefully the new additions play with a hunger that snickers alone can't satisfy, possibly motivating Justin Tuck.
      Tucks either needs to be motivated or moved.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        He is going to make you proud this season and then you are going to have to invite him to the reunion.
        That's gonna be awkward. How do I introduce someone from the Irish side of the family to the rest of us from the Italian side? Still, I would be happy to figure that one out. lol
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

That's gonna be awkward. How do I introduce someone from the Irish side of the family to the rest of us from the Italian side? I would be happy to figure that one out. lol
          That's easy. Invite the Irish side three hours early, full open bar, when the Italians get there, NO PROBLEM Danny Boy.

Comment

That's easy. Invite the Irish side three hours early, full open bar, when the Italians get there, NO PROBLEM Danny Boy.
            Might you also be available to cater the event?
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Might you also be available to cater the event?
              In a heartbeat my friend

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.
                no your not the only one, and if they had that much faith in Ojomo i don't think they would have drafted Demontre Moore in the 3rd round. and as you said put him against first string guys then we can see what type of player he is

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
                  This is Ojomo you're talking about?
                  duh!

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                    am i the only one not sold on Ojomo? he was going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season and some people act as if he's the next JPP.
                    Ofcourse nobody can be sold on a guy that didn't play....people (including myself) are intrigued by a his preseason dominance....alot of people wanted to give up on Cruz also, many were saying "he was going against 2nd & 3rd stringers" also....it's one thing to look good in preseason, it's another to flat out dominate preseason.....Let's reserve judgement until we can actually see him play in a game...he made the team for a reason...
                    Also,nobody's expecting the next JPP...As a UDFA if he can be the next Tollefsen that'd be great...

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                      Ofcourse nobody can be sold on a guy that didn't play....people (including myself) are intrigued by a his preseason dominance....alot of people wanted to give up on Cruz also, many were saying "he was going against 2nd & 3rd stringers" also....it's one thing to look good in preseason, it's another to flat out dominate preseason.....Let's reserve judgement until we can actually see him play in a game...he made the team for a reason...
                      Also,nobody's expecting the next JPP...As a UDFA if he can be the next Tollefsen that'd be great...
                      Well put

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                        +1

Comment

+1
                          If you remember from the Jet's preseason game with Cruz, they even said in Hard Knocks that he was going up against people that were first stringers for Jets.

Still, If Ojomo wasn't starting, let's see what a year under his belt has done for him.

Comment

yup Cruz was going up against some of the Jets starters and making them look silly. Ojomo was playing against backups, you can't really compare the two. As far as Damontre Moore, I don't see anything special in him either, I hope I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
                              If you remember from the Jet's preseason game with Cruz, they even said in Hard Knocks that he was going up against people that were first stringers for Jets.

Still, If Ojomo wasn't starting, let's see what a year under his belt has done for him.
                              He hasn't had a real year under his belt as he was inactive all season. But I agree he, like Tracy, showed flashes that some of us would like to be given a chance, if only rotationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                                In one of the scouting reports they said, "Motor is always running, hard worker, plays with a mean streak... " It also said that he had experience (1 year) playing DT but was very raw and needed work before he was ready for the NFL. So he was a project. Will have to see what he does this year, he has the versatility that the Giants like...
                                Here's his bio from Miami: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewA...CLID=205558675

Not all that impressive really. He was a utility guy who found sporadic starts at the college level. Let's hope he's a late bloomer.

Comment

Working...
                                X