X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poppa smurph
    started a topic Ojomo...

Ojomo...

Anybody know Ojomo's health status? If I remember correctly, he was IR'd early last season in what seemed to be a roster number move, similar to Cruz a few years back. Our D figures to see quite a bit of change this year with the draft and FA coupled with relative unknowns in Ojomo and Kuhn.Me likey where this could go...

• Astorian
    replied
    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's easy. Invite the Irish side three hours early, full open bar, when the Italians get there, NO PROBLEM Danny Boy.
    I resemble that remark.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Agreed, he's an animal.
    A guy who just wants to play

Leave a comment:

• nhpgiantsfan
    replied
    Still, as an UDFA he has done a great job for us from day 1. We talk about draft picks starting and here's an undrafted FA who has.
    Agreed, he's an animal.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Yes, but he wasn't exactly a hidden gem. He was ranked pretty high among college FBs, even though he entered the draft after his junior year. It's just that they don't fly off the draft boards like DE's do.
    Still, as an UDFA he has done a great job for us from day 1. We talk about draft picks starting and here's an undrafted FA who has.

Leave a comment:

• nhpgiantsfan
    replied
    Hynoski was a gem
    Yes, but he wasn't exactly a hidden gem. He was ranked pretty high among college FBs, even though he entered the draft after his junior year. It's just that they don't fly off the draft boards like DE's do.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    +1 and those are the kind of guys you get as UDFA. If they didn't have a bunch of question marks surrounding them, they would have been drafted. The great part is, some of them make it. I like this part of the game alot because so many of these kids have big dreams, some of which are realized.
    Hynoski was a gem

Leave a comment:

• TextureDj
    replied
    Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    yup Cruz was going up against some of the Jets starters and making them look silly. Ojomo was playing against backups, you can't really compare the two. As far as Damontre Moore, I don't see anything special in him either, I hope I'm wrong
    call me crazy, but out playing a lower tier of player indicates, to me, that the dominating player is a cut above those dominated? Doesnt that mean he is likely better than a backup, or at least has the potential to be, at least to some degree?

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Here's his bio from Miami: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewA...CLID=205558675

Not all that impressive really. He was a utility guy who found sporadic starts at the college level. Let's hope he's a late bloomer.
    +1 and those are the kind of guys you get as UDFA. If they didn't have a bunch of question marks surrounding them, they would have been drafted. The great part is, some of them make it. I like this part of the game alot because so many of these kids have big dreams, some of which are realized.

Leave a comment:

• NorwoodBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    In one of the scouting reports they said, "Motor is always running, hard worker, plays with a mean streak... " It also said that he had experience (1 year) playing DT but was very raw and needed work before he was ready for the NFL. So he was a project. Will have to see what he does this year, he has the versatility that the Giants like...
    Here's his bio from Miami: http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewA...CLID=205558675

Not all that impressive really. He was a utility guy who found sporadic starts at the college level. Let's hope he's a late bloomer.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    If you remember from the Jet's preseason game with Cruz, they even said in Hard Knocks that he was going up against people that were first stringers for Jets.

Still, If Ojomo wasn't starting, let's see what a year under his belt has done for him.
    He hasn't had a real year under his belt as he was inactive all season. But I agree he, like Tracy, showed flashes that some of us would like to be given a chance, if only rotationally.

Leave a comment:

• DownWitJPP
    replied
    yup Cruz was going up against some of the Jets starters and making them look silly. Ojomo was playing against backups, you can't really compare the two. As far as Damontre Moore, I don't see anything special in him either, I hope I'm wrong

Leave a comment:

• BigBlue wins
    replied
    +1
    If you remember from the Jet's preseason game with Cruz, they even said in Hard Knocks that he was going up against people that were first stringers for Jets.

Still, If Ojomo wasn't starting, let's see what a year under his belt has done for him.

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
    Ofcourse nobody can be sold on a guy that didn't play....people (including myself) are intrigued by a his preseason dominance....alot of people wanted to give up on Cruz also, many were saying "he was going against 2nd & 3rd stringers" also....it's one thing to look good in preseason, it's another to flat out dominate preseason.....Let's reserve judgement until we can actually see him play in a game...he made the team for a reason...
    Also,nobody's expecting the next JPP...As a UDFA if he can be the next Tollefsen that'd be great...
    +1

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
    Ofcourse nobody can be sold on a guy that didn't play....people (including myself) are intrigued by a his preseason dominance....alot of people wanted to give up on Cruz also, many were saying "he was going against 2nd & 3rd stringers" also....it's one thing to look good in preseason, it's another to flat out dominate preseason.....Let's reserve judgement until we can actually see him play in a game...he made the team for a reason...
    Also,nobody's expecting the next JPP...As a UDFA if he can be the next Tollefsen that'd be great...
    Well put

Leave a comment:

Working...
X