Linebackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linebackers

I think most people would agree the linebacking corps has been the weakest part of our defense it looks like we finally turned the corner especially if BJ Goodson ends up exceeding expectations the defense could be phenomenally filthy, I'm very curious to hear some of my fellow big blue Brothers opinions on this topic who could be the missing link for the linebacking corps

LBers definitely look better than usual this year but theres always room for improvement when your a NYG fan. I would like to see them draft and pass rushing SAM LBer somewhat early next year. Pair him up with Goodson and maybe re-sign Robinson to form a formidable trio.

Comment

Lots of "ifs." BJ Goodson is an unknown, and until last year Kennard had been consistently injured.

That said, I've been an advocate of Goodson's since we drafted him. So, the glass is half empty with him, in my opinion. Kennard is the big question mark. With him, it goes back to whether or not he can stay on the field. If healthy, I'm a fan and agree with have a solid all-around group.
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

If the LBing is as good as last year that would be great. If it actually improves with a year under their belt that would be phenomenal plus Goodson actually is improved. That would be Casillas, Robinson, and Kennard. That would be 4 men that can play the LBing position. Dare I say a little depth an actual rotation ? This defense could really be something.

Comment

My Hope is that AP was able to enhance BJ's understanding of the position. AP was/is a hybrid MLB. That's a tough position to play on D. the QB of the D.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
            If the LBing is as good as last year that would be great. If it actually improves with a year under their belt that would be phenomenal plus Goodson actually is improved. That would be Casillas, Robinson, and Kennard. That would be 4 men that can play the LBing position. Dare I say a little depth an actual rotation ? This defense could really be something.

fully agree. if Goodson pans out as I expect he will this will certainly be the best set of backers we've had in a long time. at least 5-6 years.
            sigpic

Comment

The Linebackers are a little better than usual this year, I'm happy we re-signed Robinson. As long as we can consistently get pressure on the QB we'll be fine.
              New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

The only way the LBers would not be the weak link on D is if LT, Carson and Banks were playing. Our secondary and DLine are at the top of the league. With that said I have high hopes for this unit. BJ Goodson was always known as a run stuffing LB, putting him behind this line could be a beautiful thing to watch.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                  The Linebackers are a little better than usual this year, I'm happy we re-signed Robinson. As long as we can consistently get pressure on the QB we'll be fine.
                  agreed.since this is now a passing league pressure on the QB is the key...

Comment

After seeing and experiencing the likes of Gary Reasons, Pepper Johnson, Harry Carson, Carl Banks, LT,
                    Brian Kelly, Jesse Armstead, Brad Van Pelt, and Pierce, it's hard to see other linebackers that can measure up.
                    Would love to see the return of the Big Blue Wrecking Crew.

Comment

Like the crew, terrified of injuries.

Comment

They should be good enough to do their jobs.
                        Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Just play good coverage and were straight
                          If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Working...
                          X