No announcement yet.

your thoughts on our roster as of now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your thoughts on our roster as of now?

QB: Manning, Nassib
    HB: Wilson, Brown, Scott, Cox
    FB: Hynoski
    TE: Myers, Robinson, Pascoe
    WR: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Murphy, Jernigan
    OT: Beatty, Pugh, Brewer, Mosley
    OG: Snee, Boothe, Diehl(compete with Boothe for LG spot), Herman
    C: Baas

DE: JPP, Tuck, Moore, Ojomo
    DT: Joseph, Jenkins, Hankins, Rogers/Patterson (whoever wins)
    OLB: Kiwanuka, Rivers, Williams, Paysinger
    ILB: Connor, Herzlich
    CB: Prince, Webster, Thomas, Ross, Hosley
    S: Rolle, Brown, Taylor, Hill, Tweedy

K: Brown
    P: Weatherford

This is 50/53, we would probably want to add a WR, LB, CB to round it out

for WR we have a few guys that can compete for the 6th spot, I would maybe bring Barden back to maybe compete for the 4th or 5th spot, he played well agains Carolina but never got another chance for whatever reason, but him competing with the rest of the guys for 1 last spot is fine considering our top 4 is fantastic

LB....I am a bit more optimistic about this group, Blackburn did a decent job as our starter for a year and a half, Connor isnt great, but he IS an upgrade over what we had. Only issue is we have him for 1 year as of right now. I think Boley wont be missed with Jacquain Williams, i really like him and think he can step in and do just fine. Kiwanuka is also good....but only in passing situations, doesnt offer much in terms of run defense. But we have 2 solid starters, then Herzlich/Rivers as depth in solid as well, if we can get a Nick Barnett for cheap (lol i know not happening) that would be a good move I feel, but Kiwi/Rivers should produce at the 3rd LB spot, but we need a vet to provide depth, we need 7 guys 6 is not enough

CB T2 is coming off injury but if healthy he provides depth we didnt have last year, and Ross back with us adds even more, we have Prince and Hosley our young guys, and a big ? with Webster who knows which one we'll get, but overall, this improve improved slighty with depth, and shouldnt see any drops in production, with a dolstered DL should actually make their lives easier, i would bring in Bruce and Witherspoon back to compete for the 6th spot, id prefer bruce Johnson myself
    Last edited by Carnage781; 05-04-2013, 01:50 PM.

posted by accident will finish it momentarily

Comment

I will legitimately bet with anyone and everyone who thinks Marvin Austin will be cut.

Comment

I am pretty sure Kiwi is moving to DE, and am not convinced that Nassib earns the backup role right away. I am sure there will be a few other changes before the season starts.

I think the offense has the potential to be very good. The defense has me a bit worried though, primarily because of the linebacking group. There isn't a whole lot to be excited about there. I do think the line will improve, as will the secondary. Using the 3 safety set might help with the LB concerns and make this a decent defense, but I don't expect much more than decent.
        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Why does everyone here forget about DeOssie?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Tweedy ahead of Sash is waaaaaaaay to premature.

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post
              Tweedy ahead of Sash is waaaaaaaay to premature.
              Tweedy will be a great ST player for this team.. I think it will come down to Sash or Mundy..

Comment

I predict that there will be one linebacker and one cornerback on our final roster that is not currently on the team.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  I predict that there will be one linebacker and one cornerback on our final roster that is not currently on the team.
                  I agree with LB... not so sure about corner, I think it depends on how good, or bad, Webster and TT look.
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

The Giants need 6 receivers especially with all the injury concerns they've had through the years at the position. I hope Marcus Davis makes the cut but if he doesn't....they'll def need someone else. Hopefully that person plays ST's as well.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Boothe is a lock to start. Diehl has no shot to compete with him. DD will only be playing RT unless the kid wins the starting job right away.

Kiwi probably goes to DE but as a LB is only useful against the run. He can't cover anyone in the passing game.

Comment

i personally think it stinks , feel we didnt upgrade starters at all. but what do I know. Giants have a way of winning and looking good with backups and 2nd team guys.

Comment

I think we are gonna carry 3 QB's.
                          We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                            I will legitimately bet with anyone and everyone who thinks Marvin Austin will be cut.
                            I'm in. Austin has been a complete bust and I doubt he shows anything in camp to earn a spot.
                            We Want 5!

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
                              I think we are gonna carry 3 QB's.
                              I think that might happen to start to the season but Carr will get cut not long after. Can't see them doing it once injuries start.
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                              X