Better CB: Janoris Jenkins or Josh Norman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
    Giants Fans Who Would You Say Is A Better Player/CB: Janoris Jenkins or Josh Norman
    Better player last year: Jenkins

Better player of the course of their careers: Norman

Prior to coming to NY Jenkins was not very good. His technique was sloppy and he got beat for a ton of TDs. He cleaned it all up last year.

However, Norman is a heck of a CB and plays Man and Zone well. Im reading here that people think he can't consistently play man and thats just not the case. He's the one guy in the league that i've seen cover Julio really well. We can choose to be homers or give credit where its due. Dude can ball despite being a guy I can't stand off the field.

Lets see who has a better year this year. Tons of talent in the NFC east at WR.

Comment

this question is kinda mute,,,we all know norman couldn't hold jackrabbits jock on his best day.

Comment

I have seen Jackrabbit completely shut down Dez Bryant.

I have seen Odell absolutely manhandle Norman.

I really don't think there is a comparison. And it's not just because of those examples.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
          this question is kinda mute,,,we all know norman couldn't hold jackrabbits jock on his best day.
          its "moot".....not "mute"....
          just sayin'.....
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I didn't think Jenkins would be much better than Prince was, man I was way off. He was man to man on the top guy all year last year and did great. Norman was a really good fit for an outstanding Carolina D. He isn't that good of a CB though and is limited in what he can do. He's good in the right system...in Washington not so good.

Jenkins is the much better and more complete corner. Can't wait to see Norman smoked two times next year.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Better player last year: Jenkins

Better player of the course of their careers: Norman

Prior to coming to NY Jenkins was not very good. His technique was sloppy and he got beat for a ton of TDs. He cleaned it all up last year.

However, Norman is a heck of a CB and plays Man and Zone well. Im reading here that people think he can't consistently play man and thats just not the case. He's the one guy in the league that i've seen cover Julio really well. We can choose to be homers or give credit where its due. Dude can ball despite being a guy I can't stand off the field.

Lets see who has a better year this year. Tons of talent in the NFC east at WR.
              Eh Norman really had that one good year. Before then he was not a big deal.

Comment

the thing is JJ is better in man coverage and norman zone. both very good as i said for todays rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  the thing is JJ is better in man coverage and norman zone. both very good as i said for todays rules.
                  Both CBs came to their new teams as FA last season. Which secondary was greatly improved over the previous season (due in large part to the CBs), and which secondary was essentially unchanged 2016 from 2015?

The answer to this question is the answer to the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

Both CBs came to their new teams as FA last season. Which secondary was greatly improved over the previous season (due in large part to the CBs), and which secondary was essentially unchanged 2016 from 2015?

you dont think the other additions factor in? vernon. collins breaking out after rookie season? not to say JJ isnt good , because he is. i dont think you can gauge the whole defense on both teams with comparing players.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

I can spin this way as well. Since Norman left Carolina.....how was their secondary?? Didn't their secondary give up like 300 yards to Julio Jones in one game?? Norman was great in that system while he was ok in DC this past season.

Obviously Jackrabbit had a better year last year. Hopefully last year wasnt an anomaly for Jenkins and he continues to play at a high level because he was incredible his 1st yr with us.

Comment

you dont think the other additions factor in? vernon. collins breaking out after rookie season? not to say JJ isnt good , because he is. i dont think you can gauge the whole defense on both teams with comparing players.
                        True but who do you think was the Main strength of our defense last year?? Take JJ off the team last year.......are we still a top 5 defense??

Comment

Jackrabbit by a landslide in this race. Jackrabbit garners his attention by being serious at what he does and how he does it on the field.

Norman garners his attention by talking too much. I expect he will be lit up by most receivers he covers this season. hes not that good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Then what's the point of comparing them at all?

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I can spin this way as well. Since Norman left Carolina.....how was their secondary?? Didn't their secondary give up like 300 yards to Julio Jones in one game?? Norman was great in that system while he was ok in DC this past season.

Obviously Jackrabbit had a better year last year. Hopefully last year wasnt an anomaly for Jenkins and he continues to play at a high level because he was incredible his 1st yr with us.
                              Carolina's problem last year was Cam being gun shy the 15 games after Week One when he was pummeled by Denver. He was never the same the rest of the year. His MVP season in 2015 was the catalyst that carried them to the SB. He was shell-shocked throughout 2016 and his team suffered for it.

Of COURSE there was more to our improved defense than just the addition of Jenkins. But it's also a fact that Washington added more players to their defense than just Norman, and it's also a fact that the addition of Norman made zero difference to the outcome of Washington's 2016 season--in fact they won 1 less game than they won in 2015. Jenkins helped improve the Giants defense in 2016. Norman did not help the Washington defense in 2016.

Comment

Josh Norman is a sham

Comment

Working...
                                X