This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Why don't you defend 24 INT in 18 playoff games first? Must not feel good having the tables turned on you right? All those Eli INT make you want to come on these boards and pout like a little whiny *****.

Tell me what's Marino's excuse? Is he an enigma? Regular season monster yet career playoff failure. Mind boggling. Probably the greatest enigma of all time. At least top 3 imo.
    I don't "defend" or praise stats. I defend play on the field. Stats are not unimportant but they don't come close to telling the whole story about anyone.
    Marino is the best pure passer I ever saw. He was also a ferocious competitor.
    To me he is easily a top 5 all time QB.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Ok how many guys has eli played with that were all pro? And Marino actually played with more than eli did.

I'm not saying for you to do anything other than what you believe. I certainly didn't claim Marino inferior to eli I merely responded to a logical fallacy I've seen forever when citing Marino.

and that is his supporting cast which helped him set all sorts of reg season records somehow became inferior and an albatross around his neck...it just ain't true. You can literally go through Marino playoff history and for every 1 good performance you get 2 somewhat shakey ones at least compared to what he looked like reg season.

and again, not trying to single anyone out its just the same exact few who do so:

to try and claim there is this accepted universal narrative of eli and that of course that person in this case gumby, is fit to represent them all with his pov bc it's just so far superior.

nevermind that exact premise has been beaten into obscurity by anyone trying to practice logical consistency. No. The ONLY people who claim to know what everyone thinks of eli is because they have some sort of superiority complex.

I really am beginning to wonder if some just actually believe there are people here who actually care what others think more than their own thoughts and that there are fan clubs waiting around all day for their insights...hatw to break it to you gumby, your comment for those of us who've studied such spectrums is really nothing more than an attempt at self vindication and trying to appear as an authority...know who you can speak of regarding eli? Yourself. This is the issue with this group of posters you literally devalue and dismiss those who see eli differently than you (nm you guys have actually been factually inaccurate concerning eli more than anyone outside of hindsight) and claim them incapable of a thought bc it doesn't mesh with yours...i mean not for nothing yo ure the same guy who claimed we would never win 1 sb with him let alone 2. Anyways if you want to speak for yourself have at it but u start trying to mass define others solely due to a blatant superiority complex yo ure gonna get called on it.

bc I seem to think there are examples of writers saying he's a lock hof and top 10 qb all time yet that contradicts you. So?
      1) Make some sense please.

2) Once somebody feels the need to vindicate themselves on this message board, they need a break from it. If i feel the need to vindicate myself, this wouldn't be the place I'd choose. Call me out all you want. Not only don't I care, you give yourself way too much credit.

3) As a member of the Giants, I don't treat Eli any different than any other player on this team. The minute he stops becoming effective, he needs to ride the pine - just like any practice squader or starter. The minute he no longer is a Giant, I would wish him well but wouldn't look back - like any other player. I couldn't care less if his name was Eli Manning or Joe Smith. He's not special. He's part of a whole. He's a pawn on the chessboard as far as I'm concerned.

4) If Eli didn't bring out the Tebow effect, his threads would be like any other high profile player. He brings entertainment value to these boards.

5) I never said we wouldn't win a SB with him. But call me flattered that you still remember me from 10+ years ago from the billion of posters smashing him.
      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

Ok....how many times has Eli been an "All Pro". How many times have the players on his team had the luxury of an All Pro QB?

I'll give you three guesses and the first two dont count....

Look....I dig Eli but the efforts that are made to dissect his game to show how good he is such a waste of time. The same can be said for those who take too much time to show how bad he really is.

Its so ****ing simple. He is a very good QB who has had great success with the teams he has been on. He isnt an all time great. Never was and never will be. Eventualy being a HOFr, which I think he will be easily, doesnt make him an all time great QB in the NFL.
        Unfortunately some posters here will get offended by what you said and that you are minimizing Eli Manning as a football player

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I don't "defend" or praise stats. I defend play on the field. Stats are not unimportant but they don't come close to telling the whole story about anyone.
          OK thanks for the post Skip Clueless. Maybe Screaming A Roosevelt can provide us with some insight on this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
            OK thanks for the post Skip Clueless. Maybe Screaming A Roosevelt can provide us with some insight on this as well.
            There are no words to express how sick of this stupid, year after year argument in am.

My bad for even responding. You folks knock yourselves out. You can't even have a discussion with you guys.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I like to pay attention to numbers and how a QB performs against above average competition. You can focus on the ferociousness and other nonsensical attributes Skip.

Comment

There are no words to express how sick of this stupid, year after year argument in am.

My bad for even responding. You folks knock yourselves out. You can't even have a discussion with you guys.
                You're the one pointing out ferociousness and other stupid attributes. I mean I hope a QB is ferocious when they step onto the field. LOL what else is Marino? This is funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Unfortunately some posters here will get offended by what you said and that you are minimizing Eli Manning as a football player
                  Nobody here is offended except for Skip and the Steelers fan gumby here. Look at the amount of venom in their posts. They just can't have it if someone's opinion is different lol.

Nobody is attacking anyone who thinks Marino or Rodgers are better than Eli. Can't say the other way around.

Comment

• This morning as I was driving to my office, I noticed this woman up ahead, standing on the curb holding her umbrella, waiting to cross the street.

The rain water had built-up to such an extent on the roadway that it made her the perfect target for a drive by splash.

Should I? Of course not. But this individual was perfectly set up. I've never had such an opportunity and who knows if this opportunity would ever come again?

I drove by, smiled, and waved.

Comment

Um I hope you are talking about posters in general because you have never seen me say that Eli could never win one yet alone two. Why are you so defensive when it comes to Eli?? I get it you highly think of Eli than probably 98% on these boards.

Also I asked you a question earlier.... Who would you draft as the better Qb in regards to talent?.....Eli or Marino??

Also I disagree about Marino having more talent on offense compared to what Eli has had offensively. Can you honestly say Marino had a wide receiver that was better than Plax or even Hakeem Nicks?? How about a rb that was better than Tiki??

Listen I'm here to have a civilized debate and there's no need for you to bring up posters having a superior complex over others because of disagreements and I know I never came across like that. You need to lighten up a bit because most of us like Eli but don't put him up there as an all time great like you do.
                      That is my bad I should have clarified better it was not meant to u. Here's another element I feel concerning Marion (btw I have zero animosity I'm not not trying to claim yo ure wrong in any way ):

The other element I can't relate with concerning Marino is how he never had a team capable of doing well in the postseason which exemplifies him from any blame in his inability to win a ring while at the same time those claiming that, claim that our recent 2 sb runs were the result of a team effort and eli was just another player who managed to just do his job.

the only problem is both our sb teams at least the 2011 for sure, were actually worse than every team Marino was surrounded with for his career. Meaning: last ranked d and run game.
                      bc they improved marginally by postseason, it has been attempted to devalue elis contribution bc the team was a Sb team and not just led by a core groupof special players which was headed by eli.
                      see what I'm trying to highlight? If the teams eli won a Sb with were of such quality an individual can claim eli was just another guy and it wasn't as if eli led the team to a Sb, then SURELY Marino had superior teams for most his career and therefore he only had to "do his job and manage to perform at a level capable of winning" and failed to do just that.

essentially its inconsistently approached for eli the way done for Marino.
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Supporting cast excuse?? Aren't you the same poster that uses that against Big Ben and say that he's nothing without his supporting cast?? IIRC you said that even the great Mark Sanchez could do a better job than Ben with the Steelers. Lol at Marino obsession. That's a good one. How ironic.
                        U seem to be the one whose getting riled up.

IF he picks eli over Marino he's allowed to and its weird if anyone gets personally offended by it.

I am trying to discuss it bc it's interesting there's a lot of factors to it.
                        Marino is an enigma bc of how good he could be reg season.

Comment

Ok....how many times has Eli been an "All Pro". How many times have the players on his team had the luxury of an All Pro QB?

Look....I dig Eli but the efforts that are made to dissect his game to show how good he is such a waste of time. The same can be said for those who take too much time to show how bad he really is.

Its so ****ing simple. He is a very good QB who has had great success with the teams he has been on. He isnt an all time great. Never was and never will be. Eventualy being a HOFr, which I think he will be easily, doesnt make him an all time great QB in the NFL.
                          Oh I totally respect your take on it always have. I know your take on it.

I was responding to the question posed by another bc he asked how many all pro did Marino play with in context to Marino and eli. I just responded what I believe I read some years back (could be diff now) that if u count them Marino had more.

but I totally get where you come from and if you were unlucky enough to read my novel posts lol sorry for that I specifically cited you and rf bc you guys have diff pov on eli than I do but I have nothing but respect for u guys and feel fortunate whenever one should reply to a comment like here (thanks btw).

I am not trying to really weigh in on eli vs Marino more so just the discussion concerning Marino bc it is a topic for why he never was able to see the job through considering how he looked during the reg season

another element may be weather but I don't know the numbers Marino may have been better in cold weather just spit balling

Comment

Just want to clarify something here bc gametime is a good example for anyone to follow:

see how he stated his pov, even passionately, without having to label am entire demographic of FELLOW giants fans as being worthless and hopeless and should just be ignored (except those who always say they shouldn't have even responded and how ridic the thread is have the most comments by far in very same thread) and irrational extremists etc etc.

see how he doesn't make people feel they need to not defend their pov on eli but defend themselves? Even when diff3ring on pov?

that's why this notion some get called out and run people out of her3 bc of their opinion on eli, bc they're a victim somehow for insulting demographics of people, is so baseless it has nothing to do with that as gametime here clearly has a diff pov than myself and other "homers" yet no one ever had an issue conversing with him.

learn from him please lol. For all our sakes

Comment

• It's like watching my uncle Dave and aunt Lori.

Oh...they argue constantly, and if one says that it's sunny out, you can bet the other says that it's gonna rain.
                              It's just constant and predictable.
                              And neither one ever let's the just enjoy some small thing without chiming in with some dig, usually for no reason other than spite.

But in the end, they both need the other and it's just how they are.
                              "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Exactly. And as we all know, Marino is an all-time great as evidenced by his 9 pro bowls, 3 all-pros, 18 player of the weeks, league MVP, player of the year, Walter Payton Man of the Year and all rookie team honors.

Anyone who thinks Eli is on Dan's level as a QB is a moron.

It's that simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X