This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Exactly. And as we all know, Marino is an all-time great as evidenced by his 9 pro bowls, 3 all-pros, 18 player of the weeks, league MVP, player of the year, Walter Payton Man of the Year and all rookie team honors.

Anyone who thinks Eli is on Dan's level as a QB is a moron.

It's that simple.
    DAAAAMN 18 Player of the Week Awards. I'd take that over 2 SB MVP any day of the week. Wow I think I just changed my mind on this one folks. Marino is easily the GOAT now. Player of the Week 18 TIMES!.

I'd clearly draft the guy who gets player of the week awards on a regular basis. Which GM wouldn't?

LOL this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
      This morning as I was driving to my office, I noticed this woman up ahead, standing on the curb holding her umbrella, waiting to cross the street.

The rain water had built-up to such an extent on the roadway that it made her the perfect target for a drive by splash.

Should I? Of course not. But this individual was perfectly set up. I've never had such an opportunity and who knows if this opportunity would ever come again?

I drove by, smiled, and waved.
      You might have been able to splash the front of her toes with your electric wheelchair but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

U seem to be the one whose getting riled up.

IF he picks eli over Marino he's allowed to and its weird if anyone gets personally offended by it.

I am trying to discuss it bc it's interesting there's a lot of factors to it.
        Marino is an enigma bc of how good he could be reg season.
        So it's ok for him to call posters that have a Marino obsession but it's a blasphemy when people call you guys Eli worshippers??......ok got it.

Trust me I'm not getting riled up at all. I just find it ironic when a poster says that Marino is better than Eli then they have a Marino obsession. Plus I already said that it was his opinion and I never blasted or insulted him for it. I think you are mixing different posters here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

So it's ok for him to call posters that have a Marino obsession but it's a blasphemy when people call you guys Eli worshippers??......ok got it.

Trust me I'm not getting riled up at all. I just find it ironic when a poster says that Marino is better than Eli then they have a Marino obsession. Plus I already said that it was his opinion and I never blasted or insulted him for it. I think you are mixing different posters here.
          My bad if so plus i was vague in a reply to u so I was confusing and all over the place.
          and j think with elidamannjng if u go back he actually did nothing but share his pov different as it may be. Now this isn t directed at you but he got BLAATED as usual by the same crew who made him into a federal criminal and made him the outcast and tried publicly shaming him. He then responded in kind at least how it seemed to me. And I know the feeling having succumb to it myself.

I was enjoying the convo about Marino and hope it can continue even if we differ in pov (which is really what makes convo fin unless a person is trying to be like mb president leader lol)...

I made some comments about the Marino thing if u wanna look back id like to see the response

Comment

That is my bad I should have clarified better it was not meant to u. Here's another element I feel concerning Marion (btw I have zero animosity I'm not not trying to claim yo ure wrong in any way ):

The other element I can't relate with concerning Marino is how he never had a team capable of doing well in the postseason which exemplifies him from any blame in his inability to win a ring while at the same time those claiming that, claim that our recent 2 sb runs were the result of a team effort and eli was just another player who managed to just do his job.

the only problem is both our sb teams at least the 2011 for sure, were actually worse than every team Marino was surrounded with for his career. Meaning: last ranked d and run game.
            bc they improved marginally by postseason, it has been attempted to devalue elis contribution bc the team was a Sb team and not just led by a core groupof special players which was headed by eli.
            see what I'm trying to highlight? If the teams eli won a Sb with were of such quality an individual can claim eli was just another guy and it wasn't as if eli led the team to a Sb, then SURELY Marino had superior teams for most his career and therefore he only had to "do his job and manage to perform at a level capable of winning" and failed to do just that.

essentially its inconsistently approached for eli the way done for Marino.
            ​​​​​​​
            Yea ok but check this out.....I'm not one of the posters that ever said Eli was along for the ride. For the millionth time I've always given Eli his props for his legendary playoff runs and I even said that the 2011 season was one of if not the best season ever for a SuperBowl winning qb.

You are just arguing it from the other side of the spectrum to defend Eli against posters who feel that Marino is better. By the way that 2007 giants team was very good and underrated in regards to talent. If I remember correctly we were ranked in the top 3 in rushing that year. Do you really believe that 2007 squad was inferior to Marino's teams??

Comment

• Could be he breaks those records! But I bet he still gets no love. Future Hall Of Famer and people treat him like Trent Dilfer or worse, Disgusting If you ask me?

Comment

My bad if so plus i was vague in a reply to u so I was confusing and all over the place.
                and j think with elidamannjng if u go back he actually did nothing but share his pov different as it may be. Now this isn t directed at you but he got BLAATED as usual by the same crew who made him into a federal criminal and made him the outcast and tried publicly shaming him. He then responded in kind at least how it seemed to me. And I know the feeling having succumb to it myself.

I was enjoying the convo about Marino and hope it can continue even if we differ in pov (which is really what makes convo fin unless a person is trying to be like mb president leader lol)...

I made some comments about the Marino thing if u wanna look back id like to see the response
                I'm not here to insult posters. There's nothing wrong with having a civilized convo whether we agree or not.

Ok I do have a question for you. Why do you feel that Eli is better than Marino if that's your pov??

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                  Could be he breaks those records! But I bet he still gets no love. Future Hall Of Famer and people treat him like Trent Dilfer or worse, Disgusting If you ask me?
                  C'mon bro. No one treats him like he's Dilfer. That's really extreme if you ask me. Most here do feel that he's been a very good qb for this Giants organization.

Comment

• I think the earth is flat.

That is my "POV" and you all must not only respect it but love me for my free expression of ideas.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

C'mon bro. No one treats him like he's Dilfer. That's really extreme if you ask me. Most here do feel that he's been a very good qb for this Giants organization.
                      I have seen plenty of posters who hate him and give him no love. He Is my all time favorite Giant Player but even If he isn't your favorite you cant deny he will be in the HOF when its all said and done. I have seen entire threads on here just to talk about how Eli Stinks and even if the threads don't start out that way they always spiral out that way...

Comment

I have seen plenty of posters who hate him and give him no love. He Is my all time favorite Giant Player but even If he isn't your favorite you cant deny he will be in the HOF when its all said and done. I have seen entire threads on here just to talk about how Eli Stinks and even if the threads don't start out that way they always spiral out that way...
                        Plenty?? I wouldnt go that far and hate is such a strong word. Some may not be huge fans of his but no one hates Eli. And yes Eli is definitely a HOF qb.

Comment

Plenty?? I wouldnt go that far and hate is such a strong word. Some may not be huge fans of his but no one hates Eli. And yes Eli is definitely a HOF qb.
                          Whatever does It really matter? Kind of irrelevant weather you like him or not he Is a HOF player so to me its a mute point.

Comment

Whatever does It really matter? Kind of irrelevant weather you like him or not he Is a HOF player so to me its a mute point.
                            You claimed that people hate Eli and I was only pointing out that it was inaccurate but whatever.

Comment

Find one post where someone claimed that Eli stinks.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I'm not here to insult posters. There's nothing wrong with having a civilized convo whether we agree or not.

Ok I do have a question for you. Why do you feel that Eli is better than Marino if that's your pov??
                                I don't have a personal view in that its too difficult comparing context meaning how does Marino look 2ith us and eli them. Things like that. I do believe eli is underrated but there is no definitive argument I could give u wer3 I even to have eli ahead of Marino.

the only thing and its been said by another is eli raises his level of play in the postseason pretty much unlike another according to the metrics used by SI and stuff. Marino doesn't have the postseason success. That's the only thing i could "award" eli over marino.

Comment

Working...
                                X