This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Exactly. And as we all know, Marino is an all-time great as evidenced by his 9 pro bowls, 3 all-pros, 18 player of the weeks, league MVP, player of the year, Walter Payton Man of the Year and all rookie team honors.

Anyone who thinks Eli is on Dan's level as a QB is a moron.

It's that simple.
    Well then you're in suitable company

Your next post that demonstrates any level of football knowledge would be your first, you couldn't diagnose a cover 4 if it was 3rd and 20 and the Mike called it out lol so I wouldn't be calling anyone a moron on the subject
    Last edited by Eliordie; 07-14-2017, 03:37 PM.
    If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

C'mon bro. No one treats him like he's Dilfer. That's really extreme if you ask me. Most here do feel that he's been a very good qb for this Giants organization.
      To be fair it HAS been cited many times over the years how eli can't be considered so and so bx dilfer also won a Sb I bet even in this thr3ad about Marino you will have seen someone compare eli with him it does happ3n a lot. Now usually from the same select few but nevertheless

Comment

• Look at the first guy to downplay these accomplishments. And then we have a self admitted steelers fan (gumby) chime in about trolls. Can't be serious. Even CGY guy who will knock Eli for tying his shoelaces differently couldn't help but praise the accomplishments.

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Do you guys know how easy it is to throw for yards and TD's these days? Really? These "all time stats" mean nothing in the context of the history of the league. Our guy will get passed by other decent QB's who play a long time after HE retires.

It's all just nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
          Look at the first guy to downplay these accomplishments. And then we have a self admitted steelers fan (gumby) chime in about trolls. Can't be serious. Even CGY guy who will knock Eli for tying his shoelaces differently couldn't help but praise the accomplishments.

Dang son. You still raging? I gave you way too much credit by saying you were a troll.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Haha sure like I'm going to let a steelers fan get to me on a NYG MB

Comment

Haha sure like I'm going to let a steelers fan get to me on a NYG MB
              Rock on. This place will get far less interesting once Eli is gone and you and your buddies leave.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

Rock on. This place will get far less interesting once Eli is gone and you and your buddies leave.
                Do you get annoyed by that or.something why are you trying to egg him on. He's doing nothing but stating empirical fact: you yourself said you're a Steelers fan and that ur family is Steelers fans...u did say that.

nah I'm just playing around in response to the notion bc he likes eli more than u he isn t a true giants fan bc only u know the appropiate level of admiration and can speak as such you represent the whole so have at it...just saying that's the kind of thing where if u for some reason made a joke about u being a troll all this time most would not be surprised in the least...

man I've been really lame today there's been so much pettiness I got sucked into it simply by reading the threads

real football pls real football talk pls.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

are you planning on abandoning the steelers once Ben retires?

Comment

• And yo ure doing this mb wrong (? Lol) if you're coming here for entertainment beyond the scope of talking football

I make the call for vote that we need to get back to coming here bc we are interested in the discussion of football and not as gumby so often described coming here to get amusement at the behest of giants fans (Those who "will leave when eli retires bc they're not true fans")...and that anyone br***ingly bragging about using this place to openly rile up fellow fans and instigate them and get amusement at their cost (which actually has been made as in literal black and white posts from a select few who have literally stated as such and more truthfully) needs to be dealt with swiftly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Find one post where someone claimed that Eli stinks.
                      may be I was reading another message board sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

I have seen plenty of posters who hate him and give him no love. He Is my all time favorite Giant Player but even If he isn't your favorite you cant deny he will be in the HOF when its all said and done. I have seen entire threads on here just to talk about how Eli Stinks and even if the threads don't start out that way they always spiral out that way...
                        I have been on these boards a long time, longer than Eli has been with the Giants. I don't recall anyone saying "Eli Stinks"... although I have seen many say he is having a bad game.

There are a few here that just don't like Eli, and there are a few here that hold Eli on a pedestal above all others. That's their right to think that way, and no one is going to change either opinion. What does bother me is when I hear people make claims like "Eli won those 2 SBs", often suggesting the the defense and other players made no contribution.

Anyone that suggests Eli wasn't a major contributor to those SB seasons, IMO, is just wrong.

Anyone that suggests the defense wasn't a major contributor in those SB season, IMO, is also just wrong.
                        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

are you planning on abandoning the steelers once Ben retires?
                          I know this is all funny but for the record, I sat with Gumby and his brother at the Giants/ Niners game a couple years ago and I have never seen two crazier Giants fans.
                          These guys are in their 40's and they were...well...."enthusiastic" to say the least. I'm a little more laid back.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post

Anyone that suggests Eli wasn't a major contributor to those SB seasons, IMO, is just wrong.

Anyone that suggests the defense wasn't a major contributor in those SB season, IMO, is also just wrong.
                            I don't think anyone would say that the defense made no contributions. I just think that some posters here will twist their own words to make their argument to prop up Eli and vice versa to devalue what Eli has been. These are the quotes I hate that I've seen myriads of times on these boards.

"Eli can't win a Superbowl without a defense"
                            "Eli needs help to win it all"
                            "Eli is only going into the Hall because the writers can't put his father Archie in"

Now with the first 2 quotes..................What QB doesn't need help in win it all??

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I know this is all funny but for the record, I sat with Gumby and his brother at the Giants/ Niners game a couple years ago and I have never seen two crazier Giants fans.
                              These guys are in their 40's and they were...well...."enthusiastic" to say the least. I'm a little more laid back.
                              a lot of casual fans watched that 2012 playoff game and went nuts.

Comment

a lot of casual fans watched that 2012 playoff game and went nuts.
                                Thanks for the information.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X