• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewz View Post
    I think it's likely Phillip Rivers will be 6 and Eli 7
    blasphemer!!!
    a swift kick to the family jewels.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I looked at the list. "Game Winning Drives" seems to correlate very closely to games played. Look at the list. It seems a deceptive stat.
      The more games you play, the more game winning drives you have. But I guess if you are too lazy to look at it..."Wow" is all you have.

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...68&oe=5A0A2EF7
      Well that's certainly better than the belief that those lulls in the 2nd and 3rd quarter that Eli has a history of may actually be intentional to beef up his GWD stats.

Comment

So I am curious about this.

If you pulled a random year, and found the average number of yards and the average number of TD's thrown for the top 32 QB's, and multiplied it by the number of years Eli has been starting, would his number be below, equal to or above that number.

In other words, is this an actual hard fought achievement, of the result of years of play?

Comment

its quite an accomplishment having his skill set and mechanics. also when watching him his rookie season i would have never thought in a million years he could do this. kudos to him. longevity and not being injured play a role, but credit where it is due.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

If you pulled a random year, and found the average number of yards and the average number of TD's thrown for the top 32 QB's, and multiplied it by the number of years Eli has been starting, would his number be below, equal to or above that number.

In other words, is this an actual hard fought achievement, of the result of years of play?
            Probably higher...Making him an above average QB.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Probably higher...Making him an above average QB.
              I had to know...in 2009 the 16th passing yards were 3,597, 21 TD's and 13INT's

soooo....

if you used the 12 years Eli has been starting, your average numbers would be

43,164 yards
              252 TD's
              156 INT's,

meaning....

His 47,000+ yards is above average (8%)
              His 314 TD's is above average (20%)
              His 206 INT's is shockingly bad!!! (25% worse)

And discuss....
              Last edited by Delicreep; 07-06-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

In any random year, I'm sure you would find quite a few of those "top" 32 QBs hurt, benched, pulled for caution, suspended... Obviously Eli should be well above their average.

Comment

Do you guys know how easy it is to throw for yards and TD's these days? Really? These "all time stats" mean nothing in the context of the history of the league. Our guy will get passed by other decent QB's who play a long time after HE retires.

It's all just nonsense.
                  well I'll tell you what is impressive,,,not missing a game in 12 seasons,,zero,,nada(no current qb even close),,,and the fact that according to many of the experts in here, he does it with no offensive line. I really think some of you should consider rooting for another team,,,now that would be "easy" now wouldn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

well I'll tell you what is impressive,,,not missing a game in 12 seasons,,zero,,nada(no current qb even close),,,and the fact that according to many of the experts in here, he does it with no offensive line. I really think some of you should consider rooting for another team,,,now that would be "easy" now wouldn't it.
                    Well a lot of chucking and ducking helps.
                    Plus he's made of a rubbery synthetic material and has no skeleton.

Comment

Just read an article that popped up, about Geno's off season transition into a ripped Adonis. Can't wait to see a true specimen stand in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Just read an article that popped up, about Geno's off season transition into a ripped Adonis. Can't wait to see a true specimen stand in there.
                        What an odd post.

Comment

I'd take him throwing away that ball to keep himself standing on the field and not watching on the sidelines. As a matter of fact, he lasted long enough to win two Super Bowls. At the other end of the spectrum, you can look at RG3.

Comment

What an odd post.
                            Nope, it comes up as #70 on my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

I'd take him throwing away that ball to keep himself standing on the field and not watching on the sidelines. As a matter of fact, he lasted long enough to win two Super Bowls. At the other end of the spectrum, you can look at RG3.
                              All true. But unfortunately, a lot of his picks come from that particular practice.

Comment

All true. But unfortunately, a lot of his picks come from that particular practice.
                                That same risk taking also had him throwing that ball to Tyree in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X