MVP Odds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP Odds

With the weapons Eli has this year I'm surprised he isn't higher on this list.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...c1m7l87ob6okcd

With that OL and his never ever winning it previously, I'm surprised he's on it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post
      With the weapons Eli has this year I'm surprised he isn't higher on this list.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...c1m7l87ob6okcd
      Well.....he's still Eli, so....
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

We would need "playoffs Eli" all year long for that to happen.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Eli or beckham can win comvps I'll be cool with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            With that OL and his never ever winning it previously, I'm surprised he's on it at all.
            +1

Comment

Eli is a long way from the MVP at this stage in his career. He has never been close to the award before, and after watching him play last year I cannot see it happening now at this late stage of his career.

Comment

"With these weapons......" is laughable.

If that's what's the Giants expected, they'd have invested as necessary in a sturdy top line offensive trench. "With these weapons" and Atlanta's OL - or any of the top five OLs, ure. But we're putting one of the oldest and perhaps the leagues least mobile QB behind a below average line. The ball is coming out boys, either be where it's thrown or next offseason will once again be spent talking about how we all can't believe a team "with these weapons" only managed 20 points a game.

Comment

I would like to see Eli win MVP once before he's done, but his play has always been too up and down for him to ever be a serious contender. But even if he never wins the league MVP he still has 2 SB MVPs to his name and most QBs never even win one.
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Eli will never earn a league MVP. His style play will not allow it. I dig Eli but thats the truth
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                      Eli is a long way from the MVP at this stage in his career. He has never been close to the award before, and after watching him play last year I cannot see it happening now at this late stage of his career.
                      I would argue Eli WAS close to the MVP award in 2011. And he was in the running that season, although admittedly a dark horse. Not only was that arguably the best season of his career statistically, his achievements throughout that year met much of the criterion for deciding what comprises a season's MVP. Unfortunately for him, Rodgers accomplished more in the regular season and deserved the MVP he received that year--until he faced the post season Giants, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        Eli will never earn a league MVP. His style play will not allow it. I dig Eli but thats the truth
                        "His style of play will not allow" Eli to win MVP? Seriously?

Can you elaborate on what "style of play" is required in order to be eligible for NFL MVP consideration? And please provide a link to your source...

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

"His style of play will not allow" Eli to win MVP? Seriously?

Can you elaborate on what "style of play" is required in order to be eligible for NFL MVP consideration? And please provide a link to your source...
                          yeah sure...and I dont need a link since I watch every game
                          Eli doesnt care about stats for one and plays the game accordingly. He throws too many picks, his completion % isn't that good overall, neither is his mobility which plays a certain roll for "most" QBs who attain the MVP. I am not hating on Eli at all I am just pointing out factors which will keep him from attaining a league MVP.
                          Oh and how many times has even been in the running in his career? Once or twice...
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                          X