My pitch:

Eli is better than Cam

Odell is better than everybody in the world at everything

4 Lombardi trophies to zero

Coo​​​​​​ler shade of blue

..see you at MetLife
    If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Haha, should I try and bring Luke with me to MetLife? (Hands down my favourite player on the Panthers roster, only reason I say that)

On another note, one thing I don't know much about is Giants fans, I'm on a Panthers forum, they aren't bad fans, but I'll be honest don't seem as welcoming, even on Twitter etc. What are Giants fans like, both on forums/twitter and also at games at MetLife?

I got to experience some Giants fans at Twickenham last year, some seemed pretty genuine (and I sat next to a pretty cute lady too which is a bonus you have attractive fans )

Comment

Welcome!
        New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TLMS View Post
          Haha, should I try and bring Luke with me to MetLife? (Hands down my favourite player on the Panthers roster, only reason I say that)

On another note, one thing I don't know much about is Giants fans, I'm on a Panthers forum, they aren't bad fans, but I'll be honest don't seem as welcoming, even on Twitter etc. What are Giants fans like, both on forums/twitter and also at games at MetLife?

I got to experience some Giants fans at Twickenham last year, some seemed pretty genuine (and I sat next to a pretty cute lady too which is a bonus you have attractive fans )
          Like all sports teams the Giants have their fair share of jerks in the fan base. Most are cool, knowledgeable, and down for some good smack talk.
          Two despised teams and opposing fan bases are the Eagles and the Cowboys. The hate for the Redskins isnt on par with the hate for the other two.
          As far as the physical appearance of Giants fans.......well that is subjective.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Thanks for the comments and replies back everyone

Not sure if you would even be allowed to give me an answer here, but I'll ask anyway - is this the most active Giants forum? And do you get many from the UK posting on here too?

Comment

I think there's a few posters from England here....they seem to be huge Giant fans.

Is this the most active forum?

Stick around for the season and check in when Eli throws an interception.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                Two despised teams and opposing fan bases are the Eagles and the Cowboys. The hate for the Redskins isnt on par with the hate for the other two.
                Yeah, I never really hated the Redskins - and I don't sense that much here, either. Other than in the 70s, the Giants always had their number. Even in most of the 80s, when the Redskins were a top team with great lines and running game, our team was competitive against them. And then there's what happened to poor Theisman...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                  I think there's a few posters from England here....they seem to be huge Giant fans.

Eli Manning swings, like a pendulum do
                  Touchdowns and interceptions, two by two
                  Not as good as Brady, better than Big Ben
                  Rosey and 420 arguing, like little children

Comment

I think what makes this forum unique from any possible Panthers forum is the age discrepancy of the members. Because the Giants have been a franchise for so long you have fans on here who can recount players and games from the 1950s. On the other hand you have folks on here who have tell you they have followed the Giants their whole life and were born in 2000. Many of the posters here (myself included) have blisters older than these newer posters. So its an interesting mix sometimes (like oil and water)

Comment

It does seem like on here at least Giants fans seem a bit more friendly and approachable

Think I will always have a soft spot for the Panthers, but right now feel like Iím slowly realising the Giants are the team for me

Comment

It does seem like on here at least Giants fans seem a bit more friendly and approachable

Think I will always have a soft spot for the Panthers, but right now feel like Iím slowly realising the Giants are the team for me
                        I have "soft spots" for certain teams. No harm in that.

Bottom line is root for who you want. If its the Panthers then so be it. If its the Gmen then thats cool too
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Is this the most active forum?

IF he throws an int this season.

Comment

TLMS

Let me ask you a question that relates to yours: If you were a Man U fan and I asked you which team should I choose, Man U or Watford, what would you say?

Comment

Welcome to the boards. I am not sure what I can offer one way or another except that 10, 30, 50 years from now the Giants will still be a legendary franchise. No one can say that about the Panthers. I would also offer you this advice. Using Madden in any form or fashion to select a team you like sounds very odd to real football fans. I wish I could offer a better way to get up to speed than that but Madden ............no way. Maybe peek in on the newspapers of the two teams over the coming months to see what makes them tick. I would recommend the NY Post at nypost.com in New York as the best local source of team info. Hanging out at both teams' message boards (as you are doing) might be helpful as well but understand that the boards are made up of an eclectic group of people, many of whom are not representative of the team, it's traditions, it philosophy etc.
                              Last edited by jomo; 07-07-2017, 03:45 PM.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Well said jomo.

Comment

Working...
                                X