New Guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    I have a feeling that this is the green bay guy. Apologies if I'm wrong.
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing. He was a closet Giants fan too.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      Welcome to the boards.might be helpful as well but understand that the boards are made up of an eclectic group of people, many of whom are not representative of the team, it's traditions, it philosophy etc.
      "eclectic"......and thats being nice about it

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Hey New Guy, Im an old guy. Been on this site since April 2004. Wow, now that I say it like that, thats over 13 years...

The reason you should like the Giants over the Panthers are, a Giant is much bigger than a panther. Giants are huge. There is no limitation on just how big a giant can get. A panther is a panther. Sure, they may be vicious animals, but they are still just cats in the end. Giants bring things like cool magical bean stalks that stretch up to the skies and legendary pro wrestlers who needed to drink 30 beer cans just to get a buzz. Panthers can be pink with long tails and promote insulation and other panthers are a hate group that divides the country. No one wants that.

So all in all, Cam Newton wears funny hats and wont dive on a football fumble to win a superbowl meanwhile Eli Manning will bleed from the face in a preseason game and not want to come out or get smashed repeatedly in an NFC Champ game like a rag doll and still hit Manningham in the endzone to win even though he might sell you a fake jersey he signed off he wore in it.

There really is no comparison New Guy.

Giants..... and Yankees of course. Have you seen Aaron Judge?
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
          TLMS

Let me ask you a question that relates to yours: If you were a Man U fan and I asked you which team should I choose, Man U or Watford, what would you say?
          Iíd say itís up to you and if you have any affiliation to either club

Just to be clear Iím not asking anyone to choose a team for me, just wanted to introduce myself, what brought me here and to get chatting to fans etc

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            Welcome to the boards. I am not sure what I can offer one way or another except that 10, 30, 50 years from now the Giants will still be a legendary franchise. No one can say that about the Panthers. I would also offer you this advice. Using Madden in any form or fashion to select a team you like sounds very odd to real football fans. I wish I could offer a better way to get up to speed than that but Madden ............no way. Maybe peek in on the newspapers of the two teams over the coming months to see what makes them tick. I would recommend the NY Post at nypost.com in New York as the best local source of team info. Hanging out at both teams' message boards (as you are doing) might be helpful as well but understand that the boards are made up of an eclectic group of people, many of whom are not representative of the team, it's traditions, it philosophy etc.
            I wouldnít say Iíve used Madden to select the team, just a variety of things like itís the first team I really got to know, then seeing them play last year just adds together nicely. Madden may seem strange but when I have no affiliation to any team like friends or family from an area or that follow a team things like Madden are easy ways to say yeah I like that team because of that reason lol

Comment

Originally posted by TLMS View Post

I wouldnít say Iíve used Madden to select the team, just a variety of things like itís the first team I really got to know, then seeing them play last year just adds together nicely. Madden may seem strange but when I have no affiliation to any team like friends or family from an area or that follow a team things like Madden are easy ways to say yeah I like that team because of that reason lol
              I get it, just trying to tell you what sounds a little awkward over here...........lol, some people Stateside actually pick their team based on Madden and many of us find that equally odd.

Hang out here. Roanoke posts a lot of articles from many sources and you'll get a sense of what makes us tick.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Hey New Guy, Im an old guy. Been on this site since April 2004. Wow, now that I say it like that, thats over 13 years...

The reason you should like the Giants over the Panthers are, a Giant is much bigger than a panther. Giants are huge. There is no limitation on just how big a giant can get. A panther is a panther. Sure, they may be vicious animals, but they are still just cats in the end. Giants bring things like cool magical bean stalks that stretch up to the skies and legendary pro wrestlers who needed to drink 30 beer cans just to get a buzz. Panthers can be pink with long tails and promote insulation and other panthers are a hate group that divides the country. No one wants that.

So all in all, Cam Newton wears funny hats and wont dive on a football fumble to win a superbowl meanwhile Eli Manning will bleed from the face in a preseason game and not want to come out or get smashed repeatedly in an NFC Champ game like a rag doll and still hit Manningham in the endzone to win even though he might sell you a fake jersey he signed off he wore in it.

There really is no comparison New Guy.

Giants..... and Yankees of course. Have you seen Aaron Judge?
                You had me until you mentioned the Yankees.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

As long as you don't pick the Jets you'll be in good shape.
                  sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Picking the Jets certainly won't be happening! Nor will any other NFC East team

Are there any videos on youtube etc or anything people would recommend watching that shows the Giants history, or like any unofficial season reviews that may be about anywhere?

Comment

Are there any videos on youtube etc or anything people would recommend watching that shows the Giants history, or like any unofficial season reviews that may be about anywhere?
                      Not exactly a detailed history, but this is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsFgVqNBF0U
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Not exactly a detailed history, but this is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsFgVqNBF0U
                        Cheers for that, some amazing plays!

Felt weird watching that on a team so far back, most the Panthers stuff I watch is from 00's onwards for obvious reasons lol

What does everyone do in this quite off season period then? I've started watching some giants games from last season that I didn't get to watch

Comment

What does everyone do in this quite off season period then?
                          I usually spend my time throwing darts at a Dallas Cowboys poster.....I like to see how many times I can hit Dak in the eyeballs.....I think other people here have jobs....

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I usually spend my time throwing darts at a Dallas Cowboys poster.....I like to see how many times I can hit Dak in the eyeballs.....I think other people here have jobs....
                            I hope your good at darts then could have Dak on the top half and then Zek or Dez in the bottom half!

Comment

Welcome new guy. If you choose to become a Giants fan welcome to the family but let me give you a word of warning. The Giants have never been the most consistent team in the NFL. Be prepared for a LOT of WTF moments and headaches.
                              Last edited by gntsfn; 07-12-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Can't be much worse than my soccer club back in England!

Comment

Working...
                                X