Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants player drops sure TD pass from eli in GB playoff game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by appodictic View Post
    score: packers 10 giants 6. So called elite WR beckham drops Eli manning pass because of boat trip.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aOffogdd4Y @ 57:25

    Wait no! that was plaxico dropping a pass right in his hands that would have turned the tide of the game....Maybe it IS hard to catch passes in the cold...no its totally the boat trip!
    top 3 silliest posts in the history of this forum

    what Burress did that day was monumental ... he had one of the best games of his career

    great comparison .. do this more

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

      The Giants Defense was a reason Odell was terrible? huh?
      My bad. I was texting and driving. Read your question wrong. I personally think that he simply folded under the playoff pressure and had a bad game. Some of the most clutch players in all of sports have choked from time to time. Let's see how he responds.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jay051 View Post

        So the boat trip is the reason we lost?? Or are you saying it was just a coincidence??
        Can't really say definitively one way or the other.

        But if we make the playoffs again, I would advise against it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

          Then lets figure out why he had his worst game of his career in that playoff game loss.

          Possible Reasons:

          #1 - The Boat Party itself
          #2 - The media and fan pressure applied to Odell due to his Boat Party.
          #3 - The Cold/ Whether
          #4 - The GB Defense
          #5 - Just a bad game

          Anything else?

          #5 is the best possible answer with #3 being the possible reason. everyone knows Odell is a player but he has always, until the Giants played warm weather games.

          he probably doesn't even know the reason he flopped. I expect him to bounce back the entire season to wipe that game off his and most fans memory.

          Go Giants
          sigpic

          Comment


          • I think the trip absolutely had an indirect affect on his play

            it had nothing to do with partying or flights ... it was the pressure he put on himself to prove that the story that almost broke the internet and sports talk radio would have no affect on him

            he wanted so badly to prove that there there would be no affect that he **** the bed

            Comment


            • Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              I think the trip absolutely had an indirect affect on his play

              it had nothing to do with partying or flights ... it was the pressure he put on himself to prove that the story that almost broke the internet and sports talk radio would have no affect on him

              he wanted so badly to prove that there there would be no affect that he **** the bed
              BINGO

              I guess Shep and Cruz felt the same way.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

              Comment


              • a
                Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

                top 3 silliest posts in the history of this forum

                what Burress did that day was monumental ... he had one of the best games of his career

                great comparison .. do this more
                So if you want to do the comparison. Plax had the best HALF of this career. He also faced single coverage. Once the packers rolled coverage to him Ahmad and Jacobs took over. His playoffs overall were not great performances. Super bowl he had one catch until again he caught the game winner, a single coverage fade against an all out blitz which any good receiver should win. The other two games Tampa and Dallas he was not a factor statistically.

                OBJ gets blanketed by 2-3 people because the Giants don't have a running attack like Jacobs + Bradshaw. Do you think OBJ sould dominate single cover Al Harris (knowing that he has beaten sherman and other elite corners)?

                Anyway my ORIGINAL point is Burress dropped a ball that hit him right in the chest and the giants were DOWN at halftime. The difference was in 2007 the giants D held the packers to 30 yards in the second half and forced two interceptions, and the running game produced 2 TDs.
                Last edited by appodictic; 07-17-2017, 08:55 AM.
                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                  a

                  So if you want to do the comparison. Plax had the best HALF of this career. He also faced single coverage. Once the packers rolled coverage to him Ahmad and Jacobs took over. His playoffs overall were not great performances. Super bowl he had one catch until again he caught the game winner, a single coverage fade against an all out blitz which any good receiver should win. The other two games Tampa and Dallas he was not a factor statistically.

                  OBJ gets blanketed by 2-3 people because the Giants don't have a running attack like Jacobs + Bradshaw. Do you think OBJ sould dominate single cover Al Harris (knowing that he has beaten sherman and other elite corners)?

                  Anyway my ORIGINAL point is Burress dropped a ball that hit him right in the chest and the giants were DOWN at halftime. The difference was in 2007 the giants D held the packers to 30 yards in the second half and forced two interceptions, and the running game produced 2 TDs.
                  none of this has anything to do with my response ... like none whatsoever

                  anyone with a set of eyeballs would tell you that Odell is a better player than Burress ever was ...

                  but you pointed out that Burress dropped a football while playing one of the best games of his career ... not a great choice if you want to make the argument that everyone drops footballs in defense of Odells bad game in GB

                  the Giants lose that game if not for Burress

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                    I think the trip absolutely had an indirect affect on his play

                    it had nothing to do with partying or flights ... it was the pressure he put on himself to prove that the story that almost broke the internet and sports talk radio would have no affect on him

                    he wanted so badly to prove that there there would be no affect that he **** the bed
                    I agree with this. Sometimes players overcompensate. Like back in the day when Simms had that bad game vs the Rams at home in the playoff. Maybe he was just trying too hard. Sounds crazy but it happens.

                    Why can't the Giant loss vs GB just be chalked up as what it was - a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for five years just learning what it takes in execution and preparation to take the next step.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                      a

                      So if you want to do the comparison. Plax had the best HALF of this career. He also faced single coverage. Once the packers rolled coverage to him Ahmad and Jacobs took over. His playoffs overall were not great performances. Super bowl he had one catch until again he caught the game winner, a single coverage fade against an all out blitz which any good receiver should win. The other two games Tampa and Dallas he was not a factor statistically.

                      OBJ gets blanketed by 2-3 people because the Giants don't have a running attack like Jacobs + Bradshaw. Do you think OBJ sould dominate single cover Al Harris (knowing that he has beaten sherman and other elite corners)?

                      Anyway my ORIGINAL point is Burress dropped a ball that hit him right in the chest and the giants were DOWN at halftime. The difference was in 2007 the giants D held the packers to 30 yards in the second half and forced two interceptions, and the running game produced 2 TDs.
                      Plaxico played that SB on one leg and still left Ellis Hobbs' jock strap at the goal line.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                        a

                        So if you want to do the comparison. Plax had the best HALF of this career. He also faced single coverage. Once the packers rolled coverage to him Ahmad and Jacobs took over. His playoffs overall were not great performances. Super bowl he had one catch until again he caught the game winner, a single coverage fade against an all out blitz which any good receiver should win. The other two games Tampa and Dallas he was not a factor statistically.

                        OBJ gets blanketed by 2-3 people because the Giants don't have a running attack like Jacobs + Bradshaw. Do you think OBJ sould dominate single cover Al Harris (knowing that he has beaten sherman and other elite corners)?

                        Anyway my ORIGINAL point is Burress dropped a ball that hit him right in the chest and the giants were DOWN at halftime. The difference was in 2007 the giants D held the packers to 30 yards in the second half and forced two interceptions, and the running game produced 2 TDs.
                        I think you went around this the wrong way. Even though Burress had a drop...he still dominated and plAyed his *** off. You tried to downplay Burress and tried to play it off that the Odell drops were no big deal since the same thing happened to Plax. Here's the big difference Plax had over 100 yards receiving in the first half. How many yards did Odell have in his lone playoff game??

                        Imo you shouldn't have used Plax as a comparison to Odell. Also one more thing.....Don't you think the running game opened up as well due to how well Plax was playing?? MAybe just maybe had the receivers played well in the first half then who knows what the outcome would have been instead of a blowout.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                          I think you went around this the wrong way. Even though Burress had a drop...he still dominated and plAyed his *** off. You tried to downplay Burress and tried to play it off that the Odell drops were no big deal since the same thing happened to Plax. Here's the big difference Plax had over 100 yards receiving in the first half. How many yards did Odell have in his lone playoff game??

                          Imo you shouldn't have used Plax as a comparison to Odell. Also one more thing.....Don't you think the running game opened up as well due to how well Plax was playing?? MAybe just maybe had the receivers played well in the first half then who knows what the outcome would have been instead of a blowout.
                          That's a good point about that possible playoff outcome, although it can go both ways with the success of a running game or receiving game opening things up for each other. Thinking back to so many plays Plax made - it seems it was the time given for those to develop, and him getting downfield so open. That's another reason you really can't compare Beckham's situation and performance to his. Hopefully, that changes in the future.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                            That's a good point about that possible playoff outcome, although it can go both ways with the success of a running game or receiving game opening things up for each other. Thinking back to so many plays Plax made - it seems it was the time given for those to develop, and him getting downfield so open. That's another reason you really can't compare Beckham's situation and performance to his. Hopefully, that changes in the future.
                            if you watch that game Burress was basically running a bunch of hitch routes ... fade stops ... and inside breaking fade routes that almost looked like quick throw seam route or really wide slants ... it's an odd looking route but Eli and Plaxico were great at it

                            there wasn't a whole lot of 9 route or corner route stuff where Eli had to stand back and pat the ball ... it was all pretty quick

                            Al Harris ... who was one of the best corners in the game it the time had nothing for Plaxico on that particular night


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

                              if you watch that game Burress was basically running a bunch of hitch routes ... fade stops ... and inside breaking fade routes that almost looked like quick throw seam route or really wide slants ... it's an odd looking route but Eli and Plaxico were great at it

                              there wasn't a whole lot of 9 route or corner route stuff where Eli had to stand back and pat the ball ... it was all pretty quick

                              Al Harris ... who was one of the best corners in the game it the time had nothing for Plaxico on that particular night

                              I believe the game winner was a fairly long route, though? But sorry, I wasn't just thinking about that one game, I got away from the original thread point (if there was one).

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                                I believe the game winner was a fairly long route, though? But sorry, I wasn't just thinking about that one game, I got away from the original thread point (if there was one).
                                game winner ?

                                not sure I follow

                                the last TD was scored by Bradshaw no ?

                                followed by 2 FGs ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X