Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NFC East - how we match up vs the division

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 NFC East - how we match up vs the division

    While I'm not very familiar with what the Eagles have done this off season, I know the Redskins and Cowboys had quite a few players defect not to mention all the Cowboys with personal issues which includes their child at RB and their QB with his recent memorabilia issues.

    Compared to them, our off-season has been great.
    Last edited by Roosevelt; 11-05-2017, 12:56 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    While I'm not very familiar with what the Eagles have done this off season, I know the Redskins and Cowboys had quite a few players defect not to mention all the Cowboys with personal issues which includes their child at RB and their QB with his recent memorabilia issues.

    Compared to them, our offense season has been great.
    We are gonna take this division. I think the QB for the Eagles is gonna sophomore s**t the bed and Marshall is gonna give a new dimension to our offense. Defenses are gonna have a hard time with us trying to keep their eyes on both him and ODB....and just when they forget all about him because they are preoccupied...boom Shepard wide open. Its gonna be something to watch.

    Comment


    • #3
      we match up fine....

      run game is critical....thats the key
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        5-1. Our only loss is on Thanksgiving.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          While I'm not very familiar with what the Eagles have done this off season, I know the Redskins and Cowboys had quite a few players defect not to mention all the Cowboys with personal issues which includes their child at RB and their QB with his recent memorabilia issues.

          Compared to them, our offense season has been great.
          eagles may be underrated... they are up and coming..... alshon jeffery + mack hollins at WR is tough on any team to defend...wentz is a good QB IMO....

          sidney jones if he is healthy is a good CB as well as rasul douglas.... derek barnett is a good pass rusher....donaell pomphrey is a home run threat every time he touches the ball.... Legarrette Blount is a very very good RB and alshon jeffrey is a great WR. Eagles are a much improved team IMO...the eagles need good play from their rookies and FAs...if they get that they will be formidable this year

          https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/30/ph...ency-nfl-draft

          also they started last year on a tear...they had a nice winning streak in the beginning... 5 and 0 or 6 and 0 or something was it? They were a dangerous team last year to begin with.....

          as far as matchup... we have a really solid team all around, so we match up well with any team. The eagles always play us tough though.... I give us the advantage... should be good games with the eagles this year though, as usual.
          Last edited by bigpoppy; 07-09-2017, 02:12 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            IMO, I think the Eagles have made the biggest improvement in the division (on paper). Upgraded their WR corps significantly, they already got one of the best offensive lines in football, and their defense is good although their weakness will be their CBs.

            Dallas got worse losing 2 key players on their offensive line, almost their entire secondary, and they didn't do much to upgrade their pass rush, but it will still be pretty good because it will be tough to stop their running game.

            Redskins got better on defense, but losing DeSean Jackson will hurt Kirk Cousins. And if Jordan Reed gets injured (which he surely will), that offense will grind to a halt.

            Objectively I can make the case for the Giants being the second best team in the division behind the Eagles, only because the offensive line is so trash and I don't care how much better Flowers and Hart look in shorts, I need to see it to believe it.

            Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins have the offensive line to hold up against the elite pass rushers of the NFC/AFC West. We surely do NOT.
            Last edited by drewz; 07-09-2017, 03:25 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              on the whole, the defense closed last year as one of the top tier ones in the league. if they continue to improve they certainly have the edge on that side of the ball.

              the offense got better on paper with the addition of Brandon Marshall and drafting of Engram. if these two guys materialize as we think I give to the edge again to the GMen.

              based on that the Giants may not only match up with nfce foes but outmatch them as well. I can only hope that's the case.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                on the whole, the defense closed last year as one of the top tier ones in the league. if they continue to improve they certainly have the edge on that side of the ball.

                the offense got better on paper with the addition of Brandon Marshall and drafting of Engram. if these two guys materialize as we think I give to the edge again to the GMen.

                based on that the Giants may not only match up with nfce foes but outmatch them as well. I can only hope that's the case.
                Don't forget addition by subtraction, with letting jennings and cruz go.

                However, my biggest concern is the number 2 rb and number 3 DE. I know it sounds silly but those positions will be very important.
                [SIGPIC]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by drewz View Post
                  IMO, I think the Eagles have made the biggest improvement in the division (on paper). Upgraded their WR corps significantly, they already got one of the best offensive lines in football, and their defense is good although their weakness will be their CBs.

                  Dallas got worse losing 2 key players on their offensive line, almost their entire secondary, and they didn't do much to upgrade their pass rush, but it will still be pretty good because it will be tough to stop their running game.

                  Redskins got better on defense, but losing DeSean Jackson will hurt Kirk Cousins. And if Jordan Reed gets injured (which he surely will), that offense will grind to a halt.

                  Objectively I can make the case for the Giants being the second best team in the division behind the Eagles, only because the offensive line is so trash and I don't care how much better Flowers and Hart look in shorts, I need to see it to believe it.

                  Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins have the offensive line to hold up against the elite pass rushers of the NFC/AFC West. We surely do NOT.
                  Couldn't disagree more about the Eagles.

                  Hated their draft. Jeffery is always hurt. Smith is a mediocre one dimensional player. Blount has been a jerk everywhere but N.E.

                  In order for them to make a big jump this year, Wentz will have to make a big jump. That is by no means a given for a second year QB.

                  Not to say that they can't be much better, but I don't see it on paper
                  Last edited by TCHOF; 07-09-2017, 08:45 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                    Don't forget addition by subtraction, with letting jennings and cruz go.

                    However, my biggest concern is the number 2 rb and number 3 DE. I know it sounds silly but those positions will be very important.

                    I think Draughns and Vereen will provide running back relief for Perkins. Vereen is an all purpose back with pass catching skills and much experience. I think Draughns will make the team and be a factor in the backfield as well.

                    I expect Okwara to be in line as the 3rd d-end. he played well last year in the absence of JPP. I was counting on Owa to be in the mix but im not so sure about him.

                    of course health is the key ingredient for every position. we deserve a relatively healthy year for our players.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

                      We are gonna take this division. I think the QB for the Eagles is gonna sophomore s**t the bed and Marshall is gonna give a new dimension to our offense. Defenses are gonna have a hard time with us trying to keep their eyes on both him and ODB....and just when they forget all about him because they are preoccupied...boom Shepard wide open. Its gonna be something to watch.
                      And don't forget our #1 draft pick as well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                        5-1. Our only loss is on Thanksgiving.
                        Figures. Leave it to the Giants to spoil Thanksgiving.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

                          eagles may be underrated... they are up and coming..... alshon jeffery + mack hollins at WR is tough on any team to defend...wentz is a good QB IMO....

                          sidney jones if he is healthy is a good CB as well as rasul douglas.... derek barnett is a good pass rusher....donaell pomphrey is a home run threat every time he touches the ball.... Legarrette Blount is a very very good RB and alshon jeffrey is a great WR. Eagles are a much improved team IMO...the eagles need good play from their rookies and FAs...if they get that they will be formidable this year

                          https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/30/ph...ency-nfl-draft

                          also they started last year on a tear...they had a nice winning streak in the beginning... 5 and 0 or 6 and 0 or something was it? They were a dangerous team last year to begin with.....

                          as far as matchup... we have a really solid team all around, so we match up well with any team. The eagles always play us tough though.... I give us the advantage... should be good games with the eagles this year though, as usual.
                          I forgot about some of the guys they picked up but had a feeling they would might contend this year. Thanks for the link.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                            Don't forget addition by subtraction, with letting jennings and cruz go.

                            However, my biggest concern is the number 2 rb and number 3 DE. I know it sounds silly but those positions will be very important.
                            I'd love for us to get Mario Williams. Just saw he's a FA....had no idea. I imagine he'd price himself out of serious contention, but if there's a chance for us to get him I'd be all for it. He'd be a great addition to a DL in dire need of depth and rotation.

                            http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...for-the-Giants
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                            Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

                              I'd love for us to get Mario Williams. Just saw he's a FA....had no idea. I imagine he'd price himself out of serious contention, but if there's a chance for us to get him I'd be all for it. He'd be a great addition to a DL in dire need of depth and rotation.

                              http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...for-the-Giants
                              If Williams wants to play anywhere this season, he's not going to be able to price himself out of consideration. He forfeited that option last season with Miami. It's why he's still on the market. He's pretty much out of gas. 5 starts (active 13 games), 1.5 sacks, 13 combined tackles. Might be an interesting depth player to spell OV and/or JPP, true enough, and we may be interested--but not until we see how the pre season goes, healthwise. I imagine a few other teams feel the same.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X