2017 NFC East - how we match up vs the division

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

The Giants didnít really stop the Cowboys run game in the second meeting.

But they were able to contend with the Cowboys run game without added support because of a rangy safety and CBs that match up particularly well with the Cowboys receiving options.

In addition to just being really good all around, Jenkins is the kind of WR that gives Dez trouble. DRCís athleticism and length negate the quick footed Beasley, and any decent CB can cover Williams and you guys certainly have decent corners behind those two.

The Giants did a really good job of confusing Dak and he just could not discern man and zone against them.

This is something that DCs could likely use to confuse Prescott his sophomore year, but on the flip side itís something that Dak more than likely spent a lot of time in the offseason working on.

uhh yeah they did. They held the Cowboys to their 3rd lowest rushing yards in the second meeting and forced Dak into a lot of 3rd and longs.

If the Cowboys can't dominate time of possesion, they are a below average football team.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
      If the Cowboys can't dominate time of possesion, they are a below average football team.
      The whole truth, and nothin' but the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

We are gonna take this division. I think the QB for the Eagles is gonna sophomore s**t the bed and Marshall is gonna give a new dimension to our offense. Defenses are gonna have a hard time with us trying to keep their eyes on both him and ODB....and just when they forget all about him because they are preoccupied...boom Shepard wide open. Its gonna be something to watch.
        and, maybe Eli picked up some scrambling moves to make himself a mobile threat, to further befuddle the opponents!! then i woke up!!LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
          On paper we look like No 1 in the division but the two key parts that success hinges on are highly questionable...the O line and McAdoo's play calling. We had a lot of close games go our way due to the defense. Even though the D should be better I don't think we can expect the same results in the W column without the offense improving significantly.
          let us hope that McAdoo actually worked on his playbook and will offer something new and viable ! we are always so predictable we are beat before we step on the field!

Comment

I see that some teams start camp 25th and some 29th or so. Do they last a certain # of days with all 32 teams ending up with same # of days in Camp?

Reason I ask is I see the Giants start 4/5 days sooner then some other teams. That gives them 4/5 more chances to get someone hurt vs other teams starting later
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              I see that some teams start camp 25th and some 29th or so. Do they last a certain # of days with all 32 teams ending up with same # of days in Camp?

Reason I ask is I see the Giants start 4/5 days sooner then some other teams. That gives them 4/5 more chances to get someone hurt vs other teams starting later
              I like how you focus on the positives. You must be a Giants fan.
              Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

uhh yeah they did. They held the Cowboys to their 3rd lowest rushing yards in the second meeting and forced Dak into a lot of 3rd and longs.

Probably just an issue of semantics.

When I hear that the Giants Ďstoppedí the Cowboys run game, Iím imagining that the Cowboys couldnít move the ball on the ground Ė and thatís really just not the case.

Donít get me wrong; they werenít moving with ease. It was a hell of a battle and the Giantís elite DL presented a big challenge for our OL. But we were moving the ball alright on the ground and the drives werenít stalling because the of the run game.

More often than not the 3rd and longs were a result of negative passing plays on 2nd down. Dropped passes, incompletions, sacks, unsuccessful shots downfield, etc.

This game was won because our passing attack just couldnít challenge your pass defense. The game was won, most notably, because of the job Jenkins did on Dez Bryant.

A microcosm of this is the drive where Elliott rushed for 4 on 1st down, then 4 on 2nd down, and then Jenkins punked Dez on a 3rd and 2 slant for an int.

As far as the Cowboys being a below average team when they canít dominate TOP, I don't know that I agree. But I mean, that's our identity so you're probably right. But thatís like saying the Giants are a below average team if Beckham has butter fingers that day.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

The amount of training camp practices are set by the CBA and a team can't go over them. Maybe they're spreading it out over more days so players get more rest.

Comment

The amount of training camp practices are set by the CBA and a team can't go over them. Maybe they're spreading it out over more days so players get more rest.
                    Okay so more days off in between but same amount of Practicing per CBA. Teams just set up schedule how their Coaches see fit
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                    X