Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Dan Connor Be The Man In The Middle For The Giants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Dan Connor Be The Man In The Middle For The Giants?

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/06/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "Although the New York Giants' linebacker search may continue beyond this week, they've added another name to the mix today, signing linebacker Dan Connor to a one-year deal.

Depth at linebacker for the New York Giants has been a widely discussed topic in recent weeks and months. Currently, Big Blue has Dan Connor, Mark Herzlich and Jake Muasau under contract and the team did not look to address the position last week in the NFL Draft. So, in early May, just a month before the team reports for mandatory mini-camp, the team's starting middle linebacker by default is Connor, who was brought in by the Giants in March on a one-year deal.

In the five years that Connor has been a pro, he's already been through two teams, having played for the Carolina Panthers and most recently, the Dallas Cowboys in 2012.

Connor originally served as a backup to Sean Lee, but ended up stepping in as the starter due to Lee landing on Injured Reserve (IR). The former Penn State graduate started in eight games for Dallas and made 57 total tackles, 29 of them solo. But his best season as a pro came in 2011 with the Panthers, where he started in 11 of the 15 games he played and made 73 total tackles, 52 of them solo, and a forced fumble.

Can Connor be the every-down linebacker for the Giants going forward into the season? Right now, it's very hard to tell." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

With Rivers' athleticism and one year in the system, I expected him to be the week 1 starter at MLB. Then when he gets injured, Dan Connor becomes the starter at MLB by week 2.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      With Rivers' athleticism and one year in the system, I expected him to be the week 1 starter at MLB. Then when he gets injured, Dan Connor becomes the starter at MLB by week 2.
      I love your optimistic approach
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If they're truly moving Kiwi to DE, Rivers would be the starting SAM.

Our starting LBers would look like this: Rivers (SAM), Connors (MIKE), JWill (WILL)
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

ehh.....more "wait and see" with the LB group...
          who knows. Just when they seem to get a decent rotation two guys go down. Its a crap shoot at best...
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I hope he is... Behind him there is really no one who's MLB material. I've come to accept that our D is built around our front 4 and not our linebackers. I can live with a mediocre group of linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
              I hope he is... Behind him there is really no one who's MLB material. I've come to accept that our D is built around our front 4 and not our linebackers. I can live with a mediocre group of linebackers.
              ****....I would just like to see the same group of guys play for more then three games at a time. To top off mediocre players they have almost 0 continuity..
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Given the FA signings that has to be their strategy. We've added almost 1,000 pounds of wide bodied linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  ****....I would just like to see the same group of guys play for more then three games at a time. To top off mediocre players they have almost 0 continuity..
                  This has to be a key concern. The best thing about the O'Hara, Seubert, Snee, Diehl, and MacKenzie group was they played so long together with very few injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    If they're truly moving Kiwi to DE, Rivers would be the starting SAM.

Our starting LBers would look like this: Rivers (SAM), Connors (MIKE), JWill (WILL)
                    this

Comment

hahah week 2

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

We cant fall back on bringing back Chase either. He is not a teacher anymore...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                          Actually, he is a teacher

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                            he sucked anyway and shouldn't be a starter. Yeah makes big plays every now and then, knows and calls the D, has great work ethic, and stays healthy.
                            But he stinks....

Comment

Working...
                            X