Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Sometimes we don't appreciate what's in front of us. That seems to be the case with Giants quarterback Eli Manning.

Manning gets picked apart more than any other two-time Super Bowl MVP. Then again, there are very few players that would even qualify for such criticism. Manning, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Joe Montana and Tom Brady are the only players to win multiple Super Bowl MVP awards.

As much as some want to dismiss Manning as not being worthy of such elite company, his career stats show that he's much more than some average quarterback who got hot during two Super Bowl runs.

A review of the NFL's career passing stats revealed the same names repeatedly in the top 10. And Manning was right there among a collection of the best quarterbacks ever. Here's a review of where Manning currently ranks in all of the major passing categories with a look at where he could wind up on the leader boards if he stays healthy and maintains his level of play during the final three seasons of his contract:

PASSING YARDS

Where he ranks: 8th
    1. Peyton Manning: 71,940
    2. Brett Favre: 71, 838
    3. Drew Brees: 66,111
    4. Tom Brady: 61,582
    5. Dan Marino: 61,361
    6. John Elway: 51,475
    7. Warren Moon: 49,325
    8. Eli Manning: 48,218
    9. Fran Tarkenton: 47,003
    10. Ben Roethlisberger: 46,814" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Because he a two time SB MVP. The end. That list includes Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Tom Brady and Eli Manning. 3 HOFers and 2 locks.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

It goes to show you had great Fran Tarkenton was.
      He threw for over 47,000 yards during an era where the passing game was very difficult. From defensive lineman taking your head off, to defensive backs mugging the receivers.
      Wait, this is about Eli Manning. Carry on

Comment

Giddy up!

Comment

There is a legitimate argument to be had about whether or not he belongs in the Hall. There really isn't any argument that he won't be.

He's getting in the Hall.
          Last edited by Morehead State; 07-10-2017, 03:57 PM.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            There is a legitimate argument to be had about whether or not he belongs in the Hall.
            Lets do this again for the 1000th time. Aside from his funny faces, what are the arguments that he doesn't deserve it?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Lets do this again for the 1000th time. Aside from his funny faces, what are the arguments that he doesn't deserve it?
              There are no arguments against him getting in. He has 2 SuperBowl MVPs which trumps any arguments of him not getting in. He's definitely a HOF lock.

Comment

No way you're getting me to go there.

Comment

I think depending on how his career closes and I'm hopeful its with another sb in there somewhere, the narrative on him will greatly change.

people will start to realize eli actually statistically surpassed rivers and Ben even tho all 3 came in together and yes I know the iron man thing...thats only a further plus for eli.

I truly believe like how his brother is talked aboiut among the best ever like he's mentioned in the breath of arguably greatest to ever play qb, Eli will be in the same breath but only as a top 10 qb all time like he will be mentioned in the arguable top 10 all time qb. Which isn t to say he is but that the debate is there and many will have aligned with him in that classification.

it depends on these final few years. He will be a hof regardless of what happens here out imo which makes him among the greatest anyways but in terms of qb play when he is top 10 and potentially top 5 in a ton of categories with the iron man he will start to get the Favre lore treatment post career for eli where Favre had it his final 5 years bc he kept coming back from retirement lol.

Comment

no doubt Eli is HOF worthy. look at the passing yards list.....everyone on it is a HOFer except the active ones and they are all going in and that includes Eli.

Idk if Eli will get in on the 1st ballot but no way hes left out totally.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Manning gets picked apart more than any other two-time Super Bowl MVP.
                      According to Eli, if you are getting picked apart you probably deserve it.

But the fact he has the credentials to get in is all that matters.

People can pick apart a lot of guys in the HOF.

Comment

No **** he's a legend, slayer of the shadow of death
                        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                          No **** he's a legend, slayer of the shadow of death
                          Spoken like a true player.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No way you're getting me to go there.
                            Well, that's a first

Comment

Well, that's a first
                              I love me son Eli. I love our QB who has been a very good player for us for many.many years.

Comment

Working...
                              X