Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

I would think most posters on here are aware of the people that have an axe to grind with Eli. If you are not aware of this just read the posts about Eli being 6th or something like that in yards and the ones in the memorabilia bs and you will learn in a hurry. If they can dish out insults and not be able to take it then **** them.
    Poor babies.....
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
      I never get why Giants fans argue about Eli so much. It is simple. Eli is a very good player with two Super Bowl mvps and makes boneheaded throws time to time. What the argument there?
      If you can come up with a truly good answer, and make everyone understand it, I'll pay you $1,000

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Well, maybe it's just a playful insult. Someone told me GFY a while back, and I took it as "good for you".
        lol. Nothing wrong with that.
        Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Do you have me on ignore too?

avatars-000059538573-vs0jn7-crop.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            Crazy Joe Davola!

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

If you can come up with a truly good answer, and make everyone understand it, I'll pay you $1,000
              I just think Giants fans arguing if he is the greatest of all time or the worst is stupid and be happy with what he is. Eli been good to us as a QB and he deserves to retire as a Giant. Has he been the GOAT no, but but he is far from the worst. Chances are after he retires we are going to be in trouble
              Last edited by gntsfn; 07-13-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

I would think most posters on here are aware of the people that have an axe to grind with Eli. If you are not aware of this just read the posts about Eli being 6th or something like that in yards and the ones in the memorabilia bs and you will learn in a hurry. If they can dish out insults and not be able to take it then **** them.
                Strange. I thought for the most part we had a respectful debate in the memorabilia thread.

I cannot believe you would pick those two threads as examples of Eli hate.

It's almost as if you're looking for reasons to be upset over Eli.

Eli and the Giants have a lawsuit hanging over their heads and you're upset if Giants fans discuss the case?

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Crazy Joe Davola!
                  His question made me think of him. lol

Comment

I just think Giants fans arguing if he is the greatest of all time or the worst is stupid and be happy with what he is. Eli been good to us as a QB and he deserves to retire as a Giant. Has he been the GOAT no, but but he is far from the worst. Chances are after he retires we are going to be in trouble
                    No one has ever argued he's the worst, but they might as well have based on the drama that goes into his defense.

Comment

No one has ever argued he's the worst, but they might as well have based on the drama that goes into his defense.

I know. Been a lurker on this board for a while. Seen a lot of the arguments on here the last few years

Comment

His question made me think of him. lol
                        Door is open bud.
                        Last edited by DarkSaint; 07-13-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I couldn't agree more
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            There are people on these boards that get personally insulted anytime praise is heaped on our QB.

Root for the giants and if there is a report you don't like just ignore it, or trash the writer instead of acting like someone molested you on a nyc subway train. .
                            If you think people have something personal against Eli, ask yourself this question. In this case, the writer is spouting stats that Eli has compared to others that rank him top X all time. Now, replace Eli's name with say ... Joe Flacco years down the road. What would YOU say?

My point is this. It's obviously up to you to decide, but maybe, just maybe people just treat Eli like any other player they watch.

As for getting personal, it's obvious it's the crowd and not the player. A perfect example is Tebow. If Tebow didn't have so many crazy fans, do you think Jets fans would give 2 licks about him otherwise? Jets fans weren't reacting to the player, but to his fans.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I couldn't agree more
                              So, are you paying him the $1000?

Comment

So, are you paying him the $1000?
                                Hey his agreement was with me.
                                edit: ignore this misread Roosevelt coment

Comment

Working...
                                X