Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

I just think Giants fans arguing if he is the greatest of all time or the worst is stupid and be happy with what he is. Eli been good to us as a QB and he deserves to retire as a Giant. Has he been the GOAT no, but but he is far from the worst. Chances are after he retires we are going to be in trouble
    I agree. Cant wait to see the reaction here when the next QB sucks 20x worse than Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I agree. Cant wait to see the reaction here when the next QB sucks 20x worse than Eli.
      I'm sure you can't.
      Clearly that will give you great pleasure for some reason.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

If you think people have something personal against Eli, ask yourself this question. In this case, the writer is spouting stats that Eli has compared to others that rank him top X all time. Now, replace Eli's name with say ... Joe Flacco years down the road. What would YOU say?

My point is this. It's obviously up to you to decide, but maybe, just maybe people just treat Eli like any other player they watch.

As for getting personal, it's obvious it's the crowd and not the player. A perfect example is Tebow. If Tebow didn't have so many crazy fans, do you think Jets fans would give 2 licks about him otherwise? Jets fans weren't reacting to the player, but to his fans.
        I'd say fFacco belongs in the HOF but it's not going to happen. You bring up Flacco all the time because he won the superbowl so that somehow makes him a peer to eli. But Flacco had a defense and run game that carried him to his superbowl.

But you have to admit that anytime there is a pro eli article there is a group of people here that get offended and start bringing up the interceptions and the lawsuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'm sure you can't.
          Clearly that will give you great pleasure for some reason.
          He's trying to be a realist there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            Because he a two time SB MVP. The end. That list includes Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Tom Brady and Eli Manning. 3 HOFers and 2 locks.
            AND, THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT: lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

I'd say fFacco belongs in the HOF but it's not going to happen. You bring up Flacco all the time because he won the superbowl so that somehow makes him a peer to eli. But Flacco had a defense and run game that carried him to his superbowl.
              I'm sure you are right that Flacco won't get into the HOF but you are 100% dead wrong on the defense carrying Flacco to his only SuperBowl win. 2012 was one of the few years that the Ravens defense wasn't top tier. Flacco had one of the best SuperBowl playoff runs ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I'm sure you are right that Flacco won't get into the HOF but you are 100% dead wrong on the defense carrying Flacco to his only SuperBowl win. 2012 was one of the few years that the Ravens defense wasn't top tier. Flacco had one of the best SuperBowl playoff runs ever.
                Well remember Jay that yeah Eli did get the MVP in the 2007 it was the Giants defense really won them that game. Yeah Eli made some amazing plays too but you could make a real argument anyone on that d-line (imo tuck) could've and should've won that MVP award.

Comment

• Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

Well remember Jay that yeah Eli did get the MVP in the 2007 it was the Giants defense really won them that game. Yeah Eli made some amazing plays too but you could make a real argument anyone on that d-line (imo tuck) could've and should've won that MVP award.
                  No I think you misread my post. I'm talking about Joe Flacco and the 2012 ravens. However I agree with everything you said about Eli and the 2007 squad but I also get why Eli won the mvp because of what he did in the 4th quarter. You couldnt go wrong with either Tuck or Eli.

Comment

No I think you misread my post. I'm talking about Joe Flacco and the 2012 ravens. However I agree with everything you said about Eli and the 2007 squad but I also get why Eli won the mvp because of what he did in the 4th quarter. You couldnt go wrong with either Tuck or Eli.
                    Yeah i did sorry bout that man. It is late and i cant sleep

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

So you want the next QB to fail, just to prop up Eli...

That is messed up beyond words
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

So, are you paying him the $1000?
                        Not so fast, Sparky. The caveat read "make EVERYONE understand", which obviously hasn't happened
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

He's trying to be a realist there.
                          Most fans don't cherish the thought of our team having a bad QB. It was a strange thing to say.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• i can see in the future though many QB's will crack these big numbers the longer they play. not really fair for the old timers with the newer pass friendly rules (of course not Eli's or any recent QB's fault)

Comment

I'll have to double check stats.. But my point is that flacco prior to last year had never thrown for 4k yards but for some reason funny thinks that they are comparable players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Most fans don't cherish the thought of our team having a bad QB. It was a strange thing to say.
                                I'm pretty sure he doesn't either, but chances are that we will go though another Dave Brown/ kanell/graham era before we get another franchise level qb.

Comment

Working...
                                X