No announcement yet.

Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Flacco can do it again he's going to the HOF. Flacco is a very good QB and he beat the Pats in order to get his SB. While Ben can't figure Belicheck out yet. Had a great team last year and once Bell went down, so did he.

25 TD 10 INT in 15 playoff games is really good. He's not a regular season stat padder so he needs that second SB to be considered a HOF.
    Last edited by EliDaMANning; 07-14-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
      If Flacco can do it again he's going to the HOF. Flacco is a very good QB and he beat the Pats in order to get his SB. While Ben can't figure Belicheck out yet. Had a great team last year and once Bell went down, so did he.

25 TD 10 INT in 15 playoff games is really good. He's not a regular season stat padder so he needs that second SB to be considered a HOF.
      Flacco is a great comparison to Eli. Very similar players in quality, even though their games are a bit different.
      Flacco had arguably the best playoff run in NFL history. Eli had a great playoff run as well in 2011.
      Both can make every throw. Both are very flawed as well. Both make dumb plays.

I would say that Eli and Flacco are on a similar level. Neither is good enough to be a HOF'r but Eli will get in anyway. As will Ben and probably Rivers.
      They are all three eternally linked to each other.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

So you want the next QB to fail, just to prop up Eli...

That is messed up beyond words
        What messed up is your reading comprehension, reading things into my post that don't exist. You and MH should take a class or something.

I said I "Cant wait to see the reaction here when the next QB sucks 20x worse than Eli." The key to understanding that sentence is the words "reaction here." Please point out where you think I said I will be happy if our new QB stinks cause I love Eli.

My point is, and continues to be, that Eli is generally underappreciated here and the people that over-react to the "Eli is god" posters are just as bad. And the fact that you read into my post what you think you want to see backs up my point.

Again, just MO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Flacco is a great comparison to Eli. Very similar players in quality, even though their games are a bit different.
          Flacco had arguably the best playoff run in NFL history. Eli had a great playoff run as well in 2011.
          Both can make every throw. Both are very flawed as well. Both make dumb plays.

I would say that Eli and Flacco are on a similar level. Neither is good enough to be a HOF'r but Eli will get in anyway. As will Ben and probably Rivers.
          They are all three eternally linked to each other.
          The only reason why Flacco isn't considered a HOF right now is he's missing that second SB. If he gets it, he's a lock. He doesn't have to step onto the field ever again.

But I like the Eli Flacco comparison. I would agree with you if Flacco was on pace to be a top 5-10 QB in almost every statistical category. Silly guy, put the pipe down for a second and just think about how absurd you sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

The only reason why Flacco isn't considered a HOF right now is he's missing that second SB. If he gets it, he's a lock. He doesn't have to step onto the field ever again.

But I like the Eli Flacco comparison. I would agree with you if Flacco was on pace to be a top 5-10 QB in almost every statistical category. Silly guy, put the pipe down for a second and just think about how absurd you sound.
            Honestly...Flacco is far from a great QB. He's not even in the top 10 of current QBs. He's a good player and certainly a franchise QB, but he makes lots of dumb mistakes.
            What he does best is win. He has made a lot of playoffs in his career and he's won a lot of playoff games. But NO ONE would ever consider him a great player.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

I'd say fFacco belongs in the HOF but it's not going to happen. You bring up Flacco all the time because he won the superbowl so that somehow makes him a peer to eli. But Flacco had a defense and run game that carried him to his superbowl.

But you have to admit that anytime there is a pro eli article there is a group of people here that get offended and start bringing up the interceptions and the lawsuit.

My point wasn't to compare QBs. My point was that if we were talking about other QBs, people would probably bring up the same points - regardless of whether it was Eli or not. "Hey did you know Favre has more TDs and Passing yards then so and so?" "Yeah, that's because he played 50 years". Do those people who say that specifically have it out for Favre? Doubt it.

About people getting offended. How much of it is what said above and how much of it is trolling Eli extremists? Food for thought.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Not so fast, Sparky. The caveat read "make EVERYONE understand", which obviously hasn't happened
                damn you and your technicalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

What messed up is your reading comprehension, reading things into my post that don't exist. You and MH should take a class or something.

I said I "Cant wait to see the reaction here when the next QB sucks 20x worse than Eli." The key to understanding that sentence is the words "reaction here." Please point out where you think I said I will be happy if our new QB stinks cause I love Eli.

My point is, and continues to be, that Eli is generally underappreciated here and the people that over-react to the "Eli is god" posters are just as bad. And the fact that you read into my post what you think you want to see backs up my point.

Again, just MO.
                  Nice try. But it was a major fail. You said what you said, unless you want to go all "Bill Clinton".

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Nice try. But it was a major fail. You said what you said, unless you want to go all "Bill Clinton".
                    Lol. You just get on your rants and do what you always do - misunderstand half the posters your are replying to. Nothing new.

Comment

Lol. You just get on your rants and do what you always do - misunderstand half the posters your are replying to. Nothing new.
                      I supposed that depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Comment

Not so fast, Sparky. The caveat read "make EVERYONE understand", which obviously hasn't happened
                        Ah, there it is. You CYA'd with that one. You know that's impossible.

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Again, just MO.
                          You have to admit there's a connotation that's attached to a comment like that. It illustrates your feelings are stronger for the player than the team.

But to each his own.

It's happened to me. When the Knicks traded Clyde to the Cavaliers and when the Rangers let Mark Messier go to the Canucks; my support of both teams never returned to anywhere close to the level it was with those two guys.

The Giants are the exception for me, and there's nothing wrong with someone admitting they care less about them than I do. I'm the biggest Giants fan I know out of my family and friends. I'm also more of an Eli Manning fan than all of them as well.
                          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

You have to admit there's a connotation that's attached to a comment like that. It illustrates your feelings are stronger for the player than the team.

But to each his own.

It's happened to me. When the Knicks traded Clyde to the Cavaliers and when the Rangers let Mark Messier go to the Canucks; my support of both teams never returned to anywhere close to the level it was with those two guys.

The Giants are the exception for me, and there's nothing wrong with someone admitting they care less about them than I do. I'm the biggest Giants fan I know out of my family and friends. I'm also more of an Eli Manning fan than all of them as well.
                            Lets get real. While maybe Webb will turn out to be the next Tom Brady, I won't bet on it. Most probably we will go through a period similar to the period between Simms and Eli. My point was that the peeps here that denigrate him day after day will miss him when he is gone. Whatever else you want to read into it is on you.

MS' response: Most fans don't cherish the thought of our team having a bad QB." And DH follows right up with: "So you want the next QB to fail, just to prop up Eli...That is messed up beyond words"

So their response is that I'm an Eli lover who hopes we never have another good QB so I can keep worshiping Eli? Really?

To me it shows that the guys here who will never let any pro-Eli post go unchallenged are just as unhinged as the ones that claim Eli is a god. But again, that's just MO.

Comment

Lets get real. While maybe Webb will turn out to be the next Tom Brady, I won't bet on it. Most probably we will go through a period similar to the period between Simms and Eli. My point was that the peeps here that denigrate him day after day will miss him when he is gone. Whatever else you want to read into it is on you.

MS' response: Most fans don't cherish the thought of our team having a bad QB." And DH follows right up with: "So you want the next QB to fail, just to prop up Eli...That is messed up beyond words"

So their response is that I'm an Eli lover who hopes we never have another good QB so I can keep worshiping Eli? Really?

To me it shows that the guys here who will never let any pro-Eli post go unchallenged are just as unhinged as the ones that claim Eli is a god. But again, that's just MO.

Well said. And I know we have our differences but I just want to state for the record I never once considered you to be a "bad poster" just that we butted heads. Just want to say I appreciate you actually making these comments bc many agree exactly but are hesitant to say so bc of the back last.

the way I see it say 1 of the aforementioned let's just pretend one day we find out 1 is a troll all along. It isn t gonna surprise anyone most would be like hmmm yeah makes sense. They can't say that for me or u or 99.99% of the population here. Just an observation. Prob was not clear lol.

Comment

• And just to point out another flaw a bias in some here concerning how eli got his stats and will be top 5 everywhere bc of "longevity" as if that's a bad thing that's how ALL the greats do it.

so Jerry rice isn t the goat bc he played 20 years? So emmot Smith is not 1 of the best all time bc he played forever? Ridiculous bc the goal is to play a long time. The best ever do so and accumulate all time metrics with sb mvpS

Comment

Working...
                                X