No announcement yet.

Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years from now other QB will pass Eli and Skip Morehead will log onto these boards and say I told you so.

Comment

• Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

damn you and your technicalities.
      When theres that much cash on the line, believe me, Im watching out LOL
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Ah, there it is. You CYA'd with that one. You know that's impossible.

Oh heck yeah, I'm a "realist"
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

What messed up is your reading comprehension, reading things into my post that don't exist. You and MH should take a class or something.

I said I "Cant wait to see the reaction here when the next QB sucks 20x worse than Eli." The key to understanding that sentence is the words "reaction here." Please point out where you think I said I will be happy if our new QB stinks cause I love Eli.

My point is, and continues to be, that Eli is generally underappreciated here and the people that over-react to the "Eli is god" posters are just as bad. And the fact that you read into my post what you think you want to see backs up my point.

Again, just MO.
          Sorry, but it reads in a much different way than you obviously intended it to. It sounds like you want the next QB to fail , just so you can say "I told you so".

Obviously, I'm not the only one who saw it. You lose

Comment

• do you not realize you legitimately writing out "you lose." Encapsulates the entirety of the message(s) gone over your head...

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Sorry, but it reads in a much different way than you obviously intended it to. It sounds like you want the next QB to fail , just so you can say "I told you so".

Tell me why you aren't a mod anymore?

Comment

Sure. I got tired of the non-stop whining and the stupid misconceptions that people have about moderators not being allowed to have opinions that dont jibe with their own.

Not sure how thats even a little bit relevant, but are there any other burning questions that you may have?

Comment

Lets get real. While maybe Webb will turn out to be the next Tom Brady, I won't bet on it. Most probably we will go through a period similar to the period between Simms and Eli. My point was that the peeps here that denigrate him day after day will miss him when he is gone. Whatever else you want to read into it is on you.

MS' response: Most fans don't cherish the thought of our team having a bad QB." And DH follows right up with: "So you want the next QB to fail, just to prop up Eli...That is messed up beyond words"

So their response is that I'm an Eli lover who hopes we never have another good QB so I can keep worshiping Eli? Really?

To me it shows that the guys here who will never let any pro-Eli post go unchallenged are just as unhinged as the ones that claim Eli is a god. But again, that's just MO.
                  I didn't take your post to insinuate you wanted the Giants to suck at QB. I took it to mean you wanted others to appreciate Eli more.

As for me, I don't care who the fans appreciate and who they don't. It's just not something that affects me, and as such I never think about the Giants next quarterback unless Eli is slumping.

Besides that, the fact that Eli is capable of putting up a Dave Brown-esque performance at any moment; I see no reason to worry about the Giants without him.

Comment

From now on, I too am going to reply to people based on how I interpret their post instead of what they actually said.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Well said. And I know we have our differences but I just want to state for the record I never once considered you to be a "bad poster" just that we butted heads. Just want to say I appreciate you actually making these comments bc many agree exactly but are hesitant to say so bc of the back last.

the way I see it say 1 of the aforementioned let's just pretend one day we find out 1 is a troll all along. It isn t gonna surprise anyone most would be like hmmm yeah makes sense. They can't say that for me or u or 99.99% of the population here. Just an observation. Prob was not clear lol.
                      Probably?

I think you're giving yourself way too much credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

From now on, I too am going to reply to people based on how I interpret their post instead of what they actually said.
                        you're gonna need over 60k posts just to catch up to skip morehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Considering the people who saw it the way you did, I wouldn't necessarily declare that a victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            you're gonna need over 60k posts just to catch up to skip morehead.
                            At my current rate, it will take me 30 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

At my current rate, it will take me 30 years.
                              Look at the bright side Saint. Look at my post count and when I joined lol

Comment

• If manning doesn't get in then that's crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X