No announcement yet.

Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should hope and think that beating a 5 time SB champion twice which I think never has happened in atleast the current SB era times.

Comment

• Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post

isn't that picture true? I mean statistically speaking Eli is the first to beat the SAME QB in 2 SB's..
      Nah he aint the first. Aikman beat Kelly twice as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

So you're admitting your hair doesn't stand up when myself, MS, or Gumby enter the room?

Oh, it does.. just with excitement

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Nah he aint the first. Aikman beat Kelly twice as well.
          I think he meant beating a (5 time, no less) S.B. winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I think he meant beating a (5 time, no less) S.B. winner.
            Yea I wasn't sure if he meant that or not.

Comment

• ^ that girl to Eli's left, in the pic above, looks like Morehead (avatar)?

Comment

• I'm passionate about this subject. that being said, Ladanian Tomlinson a great RB, doesn't have a SB ring but got in.

Now.. That being the case, Eli obviously has stats, SB rings, 2 SB MVP's, the yardage.. I could see Eli missing the 1st year of his eligibility. But he should be a go ahead in his second year.. if it becomes an issue.

this brings me to another question similar to this Top 100 voting each offseason. Seems to me to be based off of popularity and stats. But a dude like Eli, with those 2 rings is his key to the HOF. his MVP's and pro bowls. He's a quiet dude as a player and this played well into his career in that, while everyone is looking at these grandiose guys, the big names are doing their thing, Eli was quietly increasing his stats, or .. doing his job. This season will be his seal-the-deal season I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

As I said....He's getting in. So will Ben and Rivers. They are joined at the hip in this context.
                  I don't think there is any real argument that if Eli gets in on 1st Ballot that Ben doesn't as well. The argument agaisnt Philip Rivers will be that he doesn't have any SuperBowl Championships, thats if he doesn't win one before he retires.
                  I think all three will get in but I don't know if it will be on 1st Ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

I don't think there is any real argument that if Eli gets in on 1st Ballot that Ben doesn't as well. The argument agaisnt Philip Rivers will be that he doesn't have any SuperBowl Championships, thats if he doesn't win one before he retires.
                    Agree. 3 things should constitute HOF entry, Career stats, Championships & MVP's and/or pro bowls. It is absolutely difficult to get a SB ring period! So a guy Like LT of SD got his entry due to his career stats and pro bowl appearances. which makes sense otherwise.

If that wasn't the case, nobody else would ever get in.

Comment

• only great quarterbacks play long enough to amass such numbers and Manning's durability is another quality that adds to his value.

Manning is a lock for the Hall of Fame. The only question remaining is if he makes it on the first ballot.
                      http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Comment

• Simms and Conerly guided two of the greatest Giants eras, but weren't quite the same level of players as Manning and Tittle.
                        http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/sto...giants-history

Comment

• Simms had over 1,000 less passing attempts in his career. That being said Manning is by far the better quarterback.
                          https://gmenhq.com/2015/10/06/new-yo...d-eli-manning/

It's worse than comparing Eli to Marino.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                            Simms had over 1,000 less passing attempts in his career. That being said Manning is by far the better quarterback.
                            https://gmenhq.com/2015/10/06/new-yo...d-eli-manning/

It's worse than comparing Eli to Marino.
                            Lol. I see what you did there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

Honestly I don't see Rivers getting in without a championship. Without any MVPs or all pros I think it will be hard for him to get in since he has no rings. Rivers without a doubt does have the numbers to get in though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Lol. I see what you did there.
                                And there's only one saying Eli's better than Marino

Comment

Working...
                                X