Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Numbers don't lie: Why Giants QB Eli Manning is a lock for Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

    Because you know only Eli won 2 SBs for the Giants. The other former Giants QB won at least 3 SBs for the Giants. Who knew the Giants have the same number of championships as the Yankees? I mean, they have to win the championship at the least every other year or you're never good enough. Apparently, winning football games is solely Manning's responsibility but when he takes a 10-6 and 9-7 teams to Super Bowl and win SB MVPs, he's just any other guy on the team, made the same impact as the water boy.

    It's ironic the expectations to win another one from him is very high, yet some don't thinks he's great enough. I doubt anyone has the same expectations for Phillip Rivers. But that's why Eli is great because no matter how mediocre people thinks he is or just "very good but not great", he's one QB that can give hope to a fan base that he can deliver you a championship no matter how bad the team is. People expect that if you actually give him a chance to win the big games for you, he'll step up to the plate and elevate his game. Winning 2 SBs comes with higher expectations, that's just the hassle of being a multiple champion. If he did not win one, there will be less to no expectations. In the meantime, feel free to trash and dismisss his two SBs as now irrelevant. People's perspective is sometimes too fickle and oftenly misplaced. Just sayin'.

    This is how you've exposed yourself as being on the youngish side. You completely twisted what I said into something ridiculous.

    I, along with a huge majority of our fanbase, lived through DECADES of terrible football from this team. You have no damn idea what you're talking about, because what fan doesn't want to see their team win more championships? I have zero.....ZERO expectations for this team. I haven't had any for years, because expectations lead to disappointment, yet, my fandom is as solid as it's been since the day I was born.

    Dont ever mistake me for one of these 20 something punks that came onboard right around the 2007 mark, and only because of the shiny new ring that came about at the end of that season. Talk to me when you've gone through some real dark days with this team, junior.
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

      Don't you get tired of talking about your hurt feelings?
      Your family must be proud.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

        You do know that you can ignore posters that you're accusing of derailing threads and getting personal, right?

        Thats good advice
        Yes, I do know that, it's why I specifically mentioned the "ignore" function in my post.

        And I haven't accused any single individual or group of people for getting personal, I don't really care who "started" it.

        But when there are posters throwing insults back and forth between each other, or you have a couple of posters both using a thread to personally insult another poster, it's wrong, it's against the policy of these boards and frankly has nothing to do with why people come here. I'm sure we all come here to talk about our team, not each other.

        I don't put people on ignore because frankly, even the posters on here that annoy can spark good discussion and that's what I come here for. And when I see a thread started by a certain poster, I go into it understanding their biases.
        All Hail The New York Giants!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

          This is how you've exposed yourself as being on the youngish side. You completely twisted what I said into something ridiculous.

          I, along with a huge majority of our fanbase, lived through DECADES of terrible football from this team. You have no damn idea what you're talking about, because what fan doesn't want to see their team win more championships? I have zero.....ZERO expectations for this team. I haven't had any for years, because expectations lead to disappointment, yet, my fandom is as solid as it's been since the day I was born.

          Dont ever mistake me for one of these 20 something punks that came onboard right around the 2007 mark, and only because of the shiny new ring that came about at the end of that season. Talk to me when you've gone through some real dark days with this team, junior.

          Stop contradicting yourself. How does one actually want to see more championships yet have zero expectations? And how does one not get disappointed for not getting something that you really want? I am not sure it is possible because you seem disappointed to me right now with the lack of "recent" championships for someone who is trying not to be disappointed. I am NOT the one who is not appreciative of the last 2 SB championships and dismissed it as something that happened like a lifetime ago. That was YOU. For someone who was supposed to have gone decades of darkest days, you're surely minimizing Eli's 2 SBs this decade. What gives? You can't see what good fortune this last decade has been even when it slaps you in the face. Must be the remnant of the darkest days, it made you a bitter fan. You should put 10 or 6 seasons ago in proper perspective throughout your years as a Giants fan. It is a waste to not be able to appreciate it when there are teams like the Eagles who've never won one.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

            Your family must be proud.
            I suspect your feelings are still hurt. I am tired of listening about your hurt feelings though. Move on.

            Comment


            • Personally I think Eli will get in. Wont be first ballot but the second or third time def. As some one said earlier Eli would have to play lights out and get another ring to make it first ballot and while I do think the Giants can win another Super Bowl with him I think to much to ask of him to play that well.

              Comment


              • Lots of new ground covered yet again.

                white mouse run NIH.jpg
                Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

                  You and morehead are the reason there's a problem, pretty much every problem on this board you butt buddies are always at the root of it stroking each other the whole way, talk about pathetic.. kys plz
                  eh, they're fine. It's what message boards are. Opinions made stronger by anonymity of the internet.

                  What's with the "kys"? You 15 years old or something? Keep that type of talk out of here

                  Comment


                  • This good reading. As long as Eli is involved things get good.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by uther99 View Post

                      eh, they're fine. It's what message boards are. Opinions made stronger by anonymity of the internet.

                      What's with the "kys"? You 15 years old or something? Keep that type of talk out of here
                      Its not the first time he's told people to kill themselves. I dont know why he's still allowed to keep posting, I'd have fragged him months ago.
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post


                        Stop contradicting yourself. How does one actually want to see more championships yet have zero expectations? And how does one not get disappointed for not getting something that you really want? I am not sure it is possible because you seem disappointed to me right now with the lack of "recent" championships for someone who is trying not to be disappointed. I am NOT the one who is not appreciative of the last 2 SB championships and dismissed it as something that happened like a lifetime ago. That was YOU. For someone who was supposed to have gone decades of darkest days, you're surely minimizing Eli's 2 SBs this decade. What gives? You can't see what good fortune this last decade has been even when it slaps you in the face. Must be the remnant of the darkest days, it made you a bitter fan. You should put 10 or 6 seasons ago in proper perspective throughout your years as a Giants fan. It is a waste to not be able to appreciate it when there are teams like the Eagles who've never won one.
                        You just dont get it, but thats no surprise. Give it up
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                        Comment


                        • There are people on these boards that get personally insulted anytime praise is heaped on our QB.

                          Root for the giants and if there is a report you don't like just ignore it, or trash the writer instead of acting like someone molested you on a nyc subway train. .

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                            If it's a problem, just ignore the people who blast him. Simple solution.
                            Its not a problem for me, I'm just saying what I think about what I read here. Simpler solution.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

                              Because you know only Eli won 2 SBs for the Giants. The other former Giants QB won at least 3 SBs for the Giants. Who knew the Giants have the same number of championships as the Yankees? I mean, they have to win the championship at the least every other year or you're never good enough. Apparently, winning football games is solely Manning's responsibility but when he takes a 10-6 and 9-7 teams to Super Bowl and win SB MVPs, he's just any other guy on the team, made the same impact as the water boy.

                              It's ironic the expectations to win another one from him is very high, yet some don't think he's great enough. I doubt anyone has the same expectations for Phillip Rivers. But that's why Eli is great because no matter how mediocre people thinks he is or just "very good but not great", he's one QB that can give hope to a fan base that he can deliver you a championship no matter how bad the team is. People expect that if you actually give him a chance to win the big games for you, he'll step up to the plate and elevate his game. Winning 2 SBs comes with higher expectations, that's just the hassle of being a multiple champion. If he did not win one, there will be less to no expectations. In the meantime, feel free to trash and dismisss his two SBs as now irrelevant. People's perspective is sometimes too fickle and oftenly misplaced. Just sayin'.
                              So... the Yankees win championships, but the Giants don't win SBs... only Eli wins SBs? You don't see the difference in how you refer to those, no credit to any player on the Giants SB teams, only Eli. Based on that belief, why do you have issue if someone blames Eli for not winning a SB the last 6 years? If he is the only one that wins them, then clearly he is the only reason they don't?

                              The whole premise for your argument in the second paragraph is just wrong. No one that I know has such high expectations from Eli as an individual. But there is high expectations for the defense (Last I checked he doesn't play defense) with one of the best secondaries in the NFL, and D-Line that is arguably the best against the run.

                              There is definitely hope that the offense will improve with several new weapons, hopefully being able to average at least 25 pts a game. That would be a fairly significant improvement over last year, but enough to win a lot of games with the defense. But at this point, the offense is definitely the biggest concern. Can the O-line improve enough to get a decent run game going and give Eli more time? Can Eli bounce back from a mediocre season?

                              Eli has certainly been a very good QB for the Giants, and will likely make the HOF. That being said, he isn't going to win SBs without help around him, no QB ever has or ever will. I don't understand why that would be taken as a slight on Eli.

                              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                                Its not the first time he's told people to kill themselves. I dont know why he's still allowed to keep posting, I'd have fragged him months ago.
                                New one for me. Sometimes it's good to not be up on evolved communication, I suppose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X