Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Way Too Early Projected 53 Man Roster

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/5/6/...-cooper-taylor

Excerpt: "The 2013 NFL Draft is over and while the New York Giants roster is nowhere being set, there is enough in place for me to take an educated guess at what the roster might look like on opening day. I know at times head coach Tom Coughlin and company catch flak for "playing favorites", but the Giants are a team that really tries to put the best 53 men on the roster. Plenty of unexpected players have made the roster -- like Duke Calhoun a couple of seasons ago -- so you never know what will happen.

Quarterback (3)

Eli Manning, David Carr, Ryan NassibAnalysis: The only question here is whether or not Carr remains on the roster. The Giants believe they are a Super Bowl contending team and I think they will feel that Carr will give them a better opportunity to win a game this year if Manning is hurt.

Running Back (4)

David Wilson, Andre Brown, Michael Cox, Henry Hynoski

Analysis:
    The Giants don't go deep here with running backs this year, relying on David Wilson and Andre Brown. I picked Cox over Da'rel Scott or Ryan Torain because based on what the Giants have said about him he offers a nice complement to the two primary backs. However, the fact that Scott could be a return man and already knows the system could win him the job -- also at this point it'd be hard to speculate that a team would claim Cox off waivers if he was waived. I think this is a position where the Giants add another player if they feel that Nassib could produce this year.

Wide Receiver (6)

Hakeem Nicks
    , Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan, Marcus Davis

Analysis:
    Pretty straightforward here. The Giants top four options are a lock, I believe. I think Jernigan would have to have a terrible camp or injury to get cut. The Marcus Davis pick is the one I'm nervous about. The Giants did throw him a lot of money as an undrafted free agent and he has a lot of upside, but I'm not sure he'll produce enough in any special team role to make the team." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1
Working...
X