Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants News, 7/13: Another Head-Coaching Chance For Steve Spagnuolo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants News, 7/13: Another Head-Coaching Chance For Steve Spagnuolo?

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/7/1...ron-jones-more

Excerpt: "If the New York Giantsí defense is as good or better in 2017 as it was last season, could defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo earn a second chance to be an NFL head coach?

ESPN NFL Insiders think itís possible:
    He helped engineer one of the great upsets in NFL history when the Giants took down the mighty Brady-Moss 2007 Patriots in the Super Bowl, which propelled him to the head job in St. Louis. But that was a forgettable three-year stretch with the Rams. Still, Spagnuolo's defensive wizardry was again on display in 2016, and he could get some looks.
    Valentineís View: I would agree that itís possible. Maybe not likely after he went 10-38 in three seasons as head coach of the St. Louis Rams, but possible.

Spagnuolo did get an interview with the Giants before they hired Ben McAdoo to replace Tom Coughlin. At the time he expressed that he still hoped to get another chance to run his own team." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

If this season plays out like the 2007 season, I could see an AFC East team taking a look at him. Maybe the Jets?

Comment

Absolutely true. Heck I would give Spags the job here and send McAdoo somewhere, anywhere else. Love Spags always had. I hope our defense is even better than last year. Our defense has a possibility of going into Giant folk lore like the ones under Parcells and Belechek.

Comment

I really don't want to lose Spags again. Our defense was never the same after he left the first time. But if he does get another chance I hope it works for him this time

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
          I really don't want to lose Spags again. Our defense was never the same after he left the first time. But if he does get another chance I hope it works for him this time
          At least we know it is always possible for him to come back. Maybe another S.B. win is worth loosing him for a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/7/1...ron-jones-more

Excerpt: "If the New York Giantsí defense is as good or better in 2017 as it was last season, could defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo earn a second chance to be an NFL head coach?

ESPN NFL Insiders think itís possible:
            He helped engineer one of the great upsets in NFL history when the Giants took down the mighty Brady-Moss 2007 Patriots in the Super Bowl, which propelled him to the head job in St. Louis. But that was a forgettable three-year stretch with the Rams. Still, Spagnuolo's defensive wizardry was again on display in 2016, and he could get some looks.
            Valentineís View: I would agree that itís possible. Maybe not likely after he went 10-38 in three seasons as head coach of the St. Louis Rams, but possible.

Spagnuolo did get an interview with the Giants before they hired Ben McAdoo to replace Tom Coughlin. At the time he expressed that he still hoped to get another chance to run his own team." Read more...
            That'd suck. Big fan of Spag's system and overall approach to the game, and would love him as a HC actually for the GMen. Not to say I don't like Mac, b/c I"m actually a big fan, but lot's of "potential" HC's would fail in Stl. Just like most QB's would do poorly playing in Cleveland.

We need to keep Spags. Our D was exponentially better both times he's been in our organization. Make him the highest paid DC in the NFL.
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              If this season plays out like the 2007 season, I could see an AFC East team taking a look at him. Maybe the Jets?
              I don't see the Jets going for a third Defensive minded coach. I mean Ryan was a trainwreck and Bowls isn't that much better

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

I don't see the Jets going for a third Defensive minded coach. I mean Ryan was a trainwreck and Bowls isn't that much better
                Good point. But both of them had a good first year with the team. They just can't seem to develop a QB. I was just thinking of the lure of a coach who might be one of the very few to have the Patriots number.

Comment

Some guys are just not meant to be head coaches in the NFL. Spagnuolo is one of them, at least in my opinion. Norv Turner and Wade Davis are two more examples off the top of my head. They sucked as HC's, but are damn good coordinators.
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Good point. But both of them had a good first year with the team. They just can't seem to develop a QB. I was just thinking of the lure of a coach who might be one of the very few to have the Patriots number.
                    I know they both had a good first year but I personally think that Rex's first two years were attributed to the old guard. I.E. Mangini's guys. Once Rex got his guys in there then we saw the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                      Some guys are just not meant to be head coaches in the NFL. Spagnuolo is one of them, at least in my opinion. Norv Turner and Wade Davis are two more examples off the top of my head. They sucked as HC's, but are damn good coordinators.
                      Bingo! Coaches like Spags should just stick to what they know ala **** LeBeau....(that rhymed). Only time will tell but I think the same will hold true for Zimmer.....

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                        Absolutely true. Heck I would give Spags the job here and send McAdoo somewhere, anywhere else. Love Spags always had. I hope our defense is even better than last year. Our defense has a possibility of going into Giant folk lore like the ones under Parcells and Belechek.
                        So you would fire a successful (so far) HC to hire a HC who was a train wreck in his only HC job?

Comment

It was the Rams but 10-38 yikes Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                            Wade Phillips?
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Wade Phillips?
                              Wade Phillips, yep! Good catch

I was watching a Cubs game a couple of nights ago, and Wade Davis pitches for them. His name must have gotten stuck in my head LOL
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X