Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants News, 7/13: Another Head-Coaching Chance For Steve Spagnuolo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, Belichek first job.If, McAdoo fail to make the playoffs or even gets knockout in one game. I would terminate him and replace him with Spags.

Players seem to respond to him. Yeah, Rams is still a enigma.
    Last edited by fifthavephil; 07-16-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
      Some guys are just not meant to be head coaches in the NFL. Spagnuolo is one of them, at least in my opinion. Norv Turner and Wade Davis are two more examples off the top of my head. They sucked as HC's, but are damn good coordinators.
      Agreed. But i wonder if spags could have thrived in a better situation...now great coaches can turn real bad situations around, but they can also get killed by bad situations as well. Him failing in that environment may not be indicative of his actual potential given a better circumstance.

Comment

Here's a question:

do we actually do better last year if spags was coach and mac the coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          Here's a question:

do we actually do better last year if spags was coach and mac the coordinator?
          How would spags help our O as the head coach?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            If this season plays out like the 2007 season, I could see an AFC East team taking a look at him. Maybe the Jets?
            I think you might be right. We picked up BM who was on our cousins team. why not? I like Spags a lot. He is vicious as a DC. If he is given a defense to work with

Comment

I think spags is smart enough to stay here. He is still young but I doubt he wants a chance on another train wreck team.
              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

I understand Spags failed with the Rams (who hasnt?), but Im not sure thats the best way to analyze his coaching skills. The Rams are the Browns of the NFC. The Browns are so bad that Belichick couldn't save them and he got fired. The Rams are almost in the same boat. Spags got ripped by many on here after he was the DC with NO and the DB coach for Baltimore. I was begging for him back. I think in the right situation, Spags could be a very good HC. The players love to play for him. Maybe he just would need to hire a strong minded and creative OC and back away from that side of the ball, much like McAdoo is doing here with Spags. He will get another shot. So will Wade Phillips. Pete Carrol and Belichick were failures in their first go arounds at HCing.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  I understand Spags failed with the Rams (who hasnt?), but Im not sure thats the best way to analyze his coaching skills. The Rams are the Browns of the NFC. The Browns are so bad that Belichick couldn't save them and he got fired. The Rams are almost in the same boat. Spags got ripped by many on here after he was the DC with NO and the DB coach for Baltimore. I was begging for him back. I think in the right situation, Spags could be a very good HC. The players love to play for him. Maybe he just would need to hire a strong minded and creative OC and back away from that side of the ball, much like McAdoo is doing here with Spags. He will get another shot. So will Wade Phillips. Pete Carrol and Belichick were failures in their first go arounds at HCing.
                  Not every OC/DC is cut out to be a head coach in the NFL. The numbers dont lie
                  The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                    I think spags is smart enough to stay here. He is still young but I doubt he wants a chance on another train wreck team.

smart enough to stay forever. Spags should realize he and the Giants are made for each other. his only success has come with the GMen. I wouldn't lessen my legacy by potentially failing at another hc job.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                      Remember, Belichek first job.If, McAdoo fail to make the playoffs or even gets knockout in one game. I would terminate him and replace him with Spags.

Players seem to respond to him. Yeah, Rams is still a enigma.
                      If McAdoo makes the playoffs again, but gets knocked out in the first round, he should be fired and replaced by Spags?

Absurd

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

How would spags help our O as the head coach?
                        Should have clarified better. I think mac did better with the o when a coordinator so would the overall team dynamic have been better considering mac would theoretically at minimum match a cumulative average of the prior 3 years. Which would have been way better than what the o did last year.

was just a random thought I had that since spags did get interviewed if he had gotten head coach, how the dominoes would have fallen...hypothetical question is all

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Should have clarified better. I think mac did better with the o when a coordinator so would the overall team dynamic have been better considering mac would theoretically at minimum match a cumulative average of the prior 3 years. Which would have been way better than what the o did last year.

was just a random thought I had that since spags did get interviewed if he had gotten head coach, how the dominoes would have fallen...hypothetical question is all
                          Yeah its actually not a bad thought. I just dont get how he regressed as a play caller when he finally got to call the shots without any typical O tendencies that TC had. Though, I think BM is great coach just needs time to learn.

Issue with the team composition? Maybe. Thats why im pumped about Engram, he'll be doing a lot, just by his insertion into the O, he doesn't even have to be making plays.

Comment

TCHOF , the Defense is what got the Giants in the playoffs. Members on this board cslled it vanilla offense. We now improved our offense with Marshall, Engram , Fluker and Gallman.
                            True, the defense made mistakes in GB. But, they were on the field a good portion of the game.
                            So ,yes another scenerio of last year and the offense is the weak link. I am in favor of letting Mac go.
                            Spags had learn from past experience and from Harbaugh in Baltimore. How to get the best coaches and deligate responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

So you would fire a successful (so far) HC to hire a HC who was a train wreck in his only HC job?
                              Well Mac gets the credit for last years success but it was the defense that made the Giants successful last year, we all know this. I liked mac as an OC and once they fired Coughlin I wanted Eli to stay in the same offense so mac was my choice to replace TC. But even as OC Mac forgot to run when he could. I personally thought the job was too big for him last year I just have a bad feel for this guy like I did for Fassel. I don't think Fassel was a good HC either even though he got us t a SB appearance. I think I would be more comfortable keeping Spags and losing Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

If McAdoo makes the playoffs again, but gets knocked out in the first round, he should be fired and replaced by Spags?

Absurd
                                No of course not. I think Mac is here for a sustained stay. This year and next should be successful. McAdoo to me just doesn't seem like a HC. He might be more comfortable in a smaller market don't know if he can handle the Big Apple ? But either Mac or Spags needs a top coordinator to run the other side of the ball. I can live with Mac just think Spags is better. IMO Mac is lucky he has Eli running things no matter what snyde remarks come out of Macs mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X