Pugh's draft process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pugh's draft process

good read about Justin Pugh's rise into the first round. Also talks about the behind the scene work being done by his agent

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/5/6...ants-andy-ross

Nooooooo! its blocked here at work!
    smh...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
      Nooooooo! its blocked here at work!
      smh...
      that stinks lol...it's a very good read

Comment

I bet dude. Considering that no one had him going in the first round up until the last week before the draft.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Interesting article.

Especially the part about how teams who draft on "emotion" rather than "set boards" fall victim to runs at certain positions. This would then mark 2 years running (pun slightly intended) that the Giants made picks based on a run at a certain position (RB last year, OL this year).

BPA comes into question yet again...

Comment

Really interesting article, makes me really wish I went to school to be a sports agent lol

Comment

I was surprised the tidbit about him being one of the best interviewers wasn't a bigger topic during the draft build up. I know it doesn't indicate anything, but intelligence and understanding a plan can mean everything in this team sport of ours.
              Live and Die with the Giants

"I felt good today."
              -Eli Manning

Comment

Great read ! This is living proof that hard work always pays off.
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
                  Interesting article.

Especially the part about how teams who draft on "emotion" rather than "set boards" fall victim to runs at certain positions. This would then mark 2 years running (pun slightly intended) that the Giants made picks based on a run at a certain position (RB last year, OL this year).

BPA comes into question yet again...
                  So now a run is based on 1 RB ...

Comment

it was nice reading that some had him ranked as the 3rd best tackle after i had made the argument l.johnson could be this class's biggest bust potential (2 yrs as T after being a QB, lack of physicallity in his upbringing worries me for an OT. athleticism is great when its in combo with toughness i dunno l johnson is my 3rd rated OT and really 2nd, i just made the argument Pugh COULD be seen as the 3rd best) and its also nice to read about the whole process.

this kid is gonna be a fixture on our OL for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
                      So now a run is based on 1 RB ...
                      In Reeses words post draft he was scared of a run. So whether pre-emptive, or however classified, Reese took Wilson because in his mind a run was likely. But who knows, I just based my statement on Reeses own words.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                        it was nice reading that some had him ranked as the 3rd best tackle after i had made the argument l.johnson could be this class's biggest bust potential (2 yrs as T after being a QB, lack of physicallity in his upbringing worries me for an OT. athleticism is great when its in combo with toughness i dunno l johnson is my 3rd rated OT and really 2nd, i just made the argument Pugh COULD be seen as the 3rd best) and its also nice to read about the whole process.this kid is gonna be a fixture on our OL for a decade.
                        I actually agree with Pugh being a fixture. My point earlier in this thread didn't reflect my personal opinion on our drafts as I trust our F.O. I also REALLY liked this draft. It was a long time coming, IMO. I think Pugh is gonna surprise a lot of critics and doubters.

Comment

Working...
                        X