Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please TC, coach the team to peak in the last quarter of the season this year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please TC, coach the team to peak in the last quarter of the season this year!

Let's not bear down so hard that we have a couple of draft picks and several FAs limping around with "soft tissue" injuries in these OTAs that have us crossing our fingers for September. Let's not apply so much stress that the team is mentally burned out by November and swooning in the fourth quarter of the season. Yeah TC, its time for you to change up the routine. Time for you to learn and try it differently this year. Try easing into this year, because your old way has too high a casualty rate and a mentally tired team when it counts. Plenty of research on the concept of "residual fatigue" from your favorite source--the US military.

Yeah, the 2 time SB winning coach better get on your advice a.s.a.p. He has no idea what he's doing. You however, are a football god.

Comment

Originally posted by cva14 View Post
      Let's not bear down so hard that we have a couple of draft picks and several FAs limping around with "soft tissue" injuries in these OTAs that have us crossing our fingers for September. Let's not apply so much stress that the team is mentally burned out by November and swooning in the fourth quarter of the season. Yeah TC, its time for you to change up the routine. Time for you to learn and try it differently this year. Try easing into this year, because your old way has too high a casualty rate and a mentally tired team when it counts. Plenty of research on the concept of "residual fatigue" from your favorite source--the US military.
      You realize the new CBA has reduced practices to little more than walk throughs? As for mental fatigue, please, give me a break. These guys get paid a lot of money to play a game. Have you seen an injury report from the OTAs?
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Clearly any decent coach would've won at least 3 SBs with the Giants by now

Comment

Originally posted by 4thand1 View Post
          TC isn't a decent coach?
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Last season toward the end I complained about Coughlin's inability to pay attention or focus, he seemed to "zone out". The truth is if we want to win a SB this season, we HAVE to have Coughlin. So I am going to climb aboard his bandwagon and stick there. I will support him and cheer for him and try my best not to be critical of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
              Last season toward the end I complained about Coughlin's inability to pay attention or focus, he seemed to "zone out". The truth is if we want to win a SB this season, we HAVE to have Coughlin. So I am going to climb aboard his bandwagon and stick there. I will support him and cheer for him and try my best not to be critical of him.
              And you aren't alone
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Yes, it is indeed because Coughlin works the boys too hard. It makes their tissue soft. Hakeem Nicks is the perfect example. It is all TC's fault that he broke his foot in OTAs last year. Doesn't he know that Nicks already knows his routes. There is no need for him to practice running them at this point in his career. He's not a rookie after all.

If only Coughlin ran football camp like summer camp, we'd maybe be able to peak at the end of the season. I say hold more pillow fights this year! No one gets hurt during pillow fights.
                Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

I think at this point we get what we get with TC.

That means well disciplined teams that lose focus/drive in the second half of the season with the chance to catch fire at the tail end of the season and win it all.

No one wants to see the Giants make the playoffs
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by 4thand1 View Post
                    I know this was sarcastic, but if Plax never shot himself, TC would of IMO.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      As for mental fatigue, please, give me a break. These guys get paid a lot of money to play a game.
                      I don't think money can stop a person from losing focus. It must very difficult to keep a large group of adults engaged for months on end.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        I don't think money can stop a person from losing focus. It must very difficult to keep a large group of adults engaged for months on end.
                        I put the mental let down on the players when it happens. You are right about "keeping them focused." This is not kindergarten and if a player needs extra incentive to play his heart out and up to his abilities to secure a playoff berth I don't know what to say.

Comment

I put the mental let down on the players when it happens. You are right about "keeping them focused." This is not kindergarten and if a player needs extra incentive to play his heart out and up to his abilities to secure a playoff berth I don't know what to say.
                          I'm just trying to understand how a team can sleep walk through a season the way the Giants did for much of last year. It has to be mental rather than physical. Why weren't they motivated? Was it purely a side effect of winning it all the previous year, or something deeper?
                          Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-07-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            I'm just trying to understand how a team can sleep walk through a season like the Giants did for much of last year. It has to be mental rather than physical.
                            Let's be Perry Fewell at the start of last season. He has reason to be confident in his front four repeating their assault on the QB in 2012. The season starts and, WTF, where did they go? There are a million things to get in synch and one of the biggest aspects has gone AWOL. Mental or physical, what happened to Tuck, Osi, and JPP? How can you predict that kind of let down?

Comment

Let's be Perry Fewell at the start of last season. He has reason to be confident in his front four repeating their assault on the QB in 2012. The season starts and, WTF, where did they go? There are a million things to get in synch and one of the biggest aspects has gone AWOL. Mental or physical, what happened to Tuck, Osi, and JPP? How can you predict that kind of let down?
                              You can't predict that, but you can't let it continue to happen. Now I don't think they kick back and watch the defense stink, but how many times have you seen the same mess week in and week out? Guys out of position, etc.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                              X