Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mara re Cruz: "I'm pretty confident we'll end up reaching a deal"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mara re Cruz: "I'm pretty confident we'll end up reaching a deal"

    Just because we haven't had a Cruz thread in a while...John Mara this morning told NFL AM: "I'm pretty confident that we'll end up reaching a deal." He also called the negotiations slow & steady - per Art Stapleton.More positive news. Hopefully gets rid of the myth that the two camps aren't negotiating.

  • #2
    Hmm, that sounds like a negative, really. "Pretty confident" indicates doubt.

    Previously he spoke with more certainty - a deal "will get done at some point".

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      Hmm, that sounds like a negative, really. "Pretty confident" indicates doubt.

      Previously he spoke with more certainty - a deal "will get done at some point".
      You're kidding, right?

      Here's another take from the media:

      http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/07/...h-victor-cruz/

      And another

      http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-will-get-done
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 05-07-2013, 09:52 AM.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't think he would come out saying that he's confident if he wasn't 99.9% sure something will get done. A businessman doesn't want egg on his face...

        Comment


        • #5
          as long as he is playing here for the next 4-5 years, I dont care when he signs it.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

          Comment


          • #6
            The important words to take away from what Mara said is "slow and steady." First, it acknowledges negotiations are being conducted behind closed doors and not in the media. Neither side has leaked tid-bits and, for the organization, it would seem as though John Mara is the only public voice. They do this for a living, they know when a dead end is, in fact, a dead end. None of us know what is left to negotiate but this is very positive news, like it or not.

            There is no rush for this deal to get done, none.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              You're kidding, right?

              Here's another take from the media:

              http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/07/...h-victor-cruz/
              They used the same quote - "I'm pretty confident"?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                You're kidding, right?
                I dunno......I took the same away from it....."less" confident then before.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  They used the same quote - "I'm pretty confident"?
                  OK, you see it your way and I'll see it mine. How you can characterize it as "negative" is a stretch to me, but that's why we have opinions.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post
                    Don't think he would come out saying that he's confident if he wasn't 99.9% sure something will get done. A businessman doesn't want egg on his face...
                    Maybe he's setting it up so that if it doesn't happen, he can blame it on Cruz. In other words, I was "pretty confident" because we had made such great offers . . .. .
                    I'm not really sure why he would make any comment about it at all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      Maybe he's setting it up so that if it doesn't happen, he can blame it on Cruz. In other words, I was "pretty confident" because we had made such great offers . . .. .
                      I'm not really sure why he would make any comment about it at all.
                      He was asked a question.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        He was asked a question.
                        Why not just say: "We continue to be in contact with Cruz's people and are working on a deal but I would rather not comment other than that"?

                        Actually, why is he even giving interviews on NFL AM??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Why not just say: "We continue to be in contact with Cruz's people and are working on a deal but I would rather not comment other than that"?Actually, why is he even giving interviews on NFL AM??
                          Because he can.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            Why not just say: "We continue to be in contact with Cruz's people and are working on a deal but I would rather not comment other than that"?

                            Actually, why is he even giving interviews on NFL AM??
                            He is the face of the FO. He needs to be honest when he talks to the media. The only way to do what you suggest is "no comment." The problem with saying that, at this point, is this; based on his and others' previous comments they painted a positive picture in terms of the outcome, the tenor of the negotiations, etc. To now say "no comment" would only fuel the already over-hyped speculation, and probably not in a good way.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm not gonna read more into the comment than is there. Some will take it as a deal is coming, just have to wait. I take it as it still sounds pretty up in the air to me. If it happens great ,if not so be it. Personally, I think Cruz is a bit over rated by some on this board but most here have a pretty good handle on reality.He had a breakout year in 2011 when no one knew who he was and followed it up with another good but less spectacular year last season. It became evident he is just a solid #2 who caught a case of alligator arms and butterfingers. Murphy and JJ can pick up the slack if that's how theCruz thing pans out.It's refreshing to see most on this board realize Cruz is very good but he ain't in the express lane to Canton.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X