Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What They're Saying: DE Damontre Moore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What They're Saying: DE Damontre Moore

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...damontre-moore

    Excerpt: "Third-round pick: DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

    Here's our Rapid Reaction and what the Giants are saying about him:

    Marc Ross: "Some people may have gotten scared off at the combine when he ran so slow and didn't lift that well. A Terrell Suggs, a Trent Cole, a Derrick Burgessran really slow but played fast on tape. Things off the field that people may not have been comfortable with where he just needs to grow up. He's only 20. He needs to be a professional a little bit. He's a good kid who loves to play. Those may have been a couple of reasons [why he dropped]. ... He interviewed OK for us. But when you see a guy run 4.9 when guys are running 4.5s and 4.6s, people jump all over that number as opposed to the 12.5 sacks and 21 tackles-for-loss numbers.

    "[Texas A&M] had a special joker role for him. He had his hand on the ground, he stood up. Our coaches are excited to use him in different ways. You've seen some of our guys do that hybrid role. [Mathias Kiwanuka has done both]. He has a skill set to do a little bit of both. But he won’t be strictly a linebacker for us. It'll be more of a hybrid role."

    Tom Coughlin: "Damontre Moore, has great production -– 12.5 sacks [and] 26.5 over his career, 21 TFLs; a very, very good effort player on Saturday [in college]. He has some issues, I think, during the week, which we will have to address in terms of preparation and practice mentality, that type of thing. But he is young, just 20 years old.

    "He has outstanding quickness. You look at his 40 time and you are going to say, well, it is not what you would think. But there was a big split in those times in Indianapolis and he does play faster than the [40] time you are probably going to refer back to. But his quickness and his shuttles were outstanding. So from me to you, he is as quick as it is."

    Jerry Reese: "The defensive end [Moore], he is sacks. In three years he got 26.5 sacks, had 12.5 this past season. We were a little surprised he was up there that long with his sack production, but you can't pass guys with that kind of sack production so it was a decision we made to go and go get him right there with that pick.

    "I think Kiwi has a bigger frame. Their lower body is probably similar, but obviously Kiwi has been around for a while. He's definitely matured and filled out, but there could be comparisons drawn if you look at their lower body. ... The thing I like, he plays hard. Guys that play hard, you can coach them to do the rest. He plays with a nasty streak and we think he's got a tremendous upside." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    A like it when they say the guy has a mean streak. We need more of those guys.

    Comment


    • #3
      He's a 250 and will struggle versus the run until he puts on some strength. His productivity tells me that he has sophisticated pass rush moves. Everybody knew who he was and what he was about and he still got to the quarterback this year. I think he could be a great pass rush specialist. He's not a 3 down lineman.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

      http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        A like it when they say the guy has a mean streak. We need more of those guys.
        We have Harooni
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

        Comment


        • #5
          His 40 was bad but he pulled his Hamstring. His other numbers like his vertical and Broad jump were among the best in the draft at the combine for DE's

          Comment


          • #6
            From listening to Marc Ross, sounds like they'll be lining him up as a pass-rushing OLB on occasion.....which is fine with me.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

            "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...damontre-moore

              Excerpt: "Third-round pick: DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

              Here's our Rapid Reaction and what the Giants are saying about him:

              Marc Ross: "Some people may have gotten scared off at the combine when he ran so slow and didn't lift that well. A Terrell Suggs, a Trent Cole, a Derrick Burgessran really slow but played fast on tape. Things off the field that people may not have been comfortable with where he just needs to grow up. He's only 20. He needs to be a professional a little bit. He's a good kid who loves to play. Those may have been a couple of reasons [why he dropped]. ... He interviewed OK for us. But when you see a guy run 4.9 when guys are running 4.5s and 4.6s, people jump all over that number as opposed to the 12.5 sacks and 21 tackles-for-loss numbers.

              "[Texas A&M] had a special joker role for him. He had his hand on the ground, he stood up. Our coaches are excited to use him in different ways. You've seen some of our guys do that hybrid role. [Mathias Kiwanuka has done both]. He has a skill set to do a little bit of both. But he won’t be strictly a linebacker for us. It'll be more of a hybrid role."

              Tom Coughlin: "Damontre Moore, has great production -– 12.5 sacks [and] 26.5 over his career, 21 TFLs; a very, very good effort player on Saturday [in college]. He has some issues, I think, during the week, which we will have to address in terms of preparation and practice mentality, that type of thing. But he is young, just 20 years old.

              "He has outstanding quickness. You look at his 40 time and you are going to say, well, it is not what you would think. But there was a big split in those times in Indianapolis and he does play faster than the [40] time you are probably going to refer back to. But his quickness and his shuttles were outstanding. So from me to you, he is as quick as it is."

              Jerry Reese: "The defensive end [Moore], he is sacks. In three years he got 26.5 sacks, had 12.5 this past season. We were a little surprised he was up there that long with his sack production, but you can't pass guys with that kind of sack production so it was a decision we made to go and go get him right there with that pick.

              "I think Kiwi has a bigger frame. Their lower body is probably similar, but obviously Kiwi has been around for a while. He's definitely matured and filled out, but there could be comparisons drawn if you look at their lower body. ... The thing I like, he plays hard. Guys that play hard, you can coach them to do the rest. He plays with a nasty streak and we think he's got a tremendous upside." Read more...
              The logic assessment is that he is not going to be an impact player on special teams taking in count his 40 time but will see. I Like the " joker " role the Giants have in mind for him to fit right in but I don't like the idea of Moore getting " stuck " on that role, I think his upside as an edge rusher is very high and he eventually could be a future starter at DE when his body matures. For now I'm just excited to see him on the field of play in whatever role Fewell designs for him.
              Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM.
              " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

              Comment


              • #8
                Can't wait until DaMonster is unleashed!

                JPP and Moore would be a scary combo
                Last edited by Broadway Blue; 05-07-2013, 09:55 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  he will be awesome for special teams to have. kick-offs no longer reach the 25

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    the rest of the nfl will lament allowing a pass ruhser of his caliber fall to a team that hoards them. esp in rd 3. tremendous value, guy has 1rst rd talent and tape...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                      From listening to Marc Ross, sounds like they'll be lining him up as a pass-rushing OLB on occasion.....which is fine with me.
                      Totally agree! I think you need a guy like him that can rush at the DE spot or OLB spot. I'm thinking a player like that could help defend the "read-option" more teams are running.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ross says that the coaches are excited to use him in different ways. PF hasn't done very well in using guys in new and creative ways. As long as Fewll is our DC, those words from Ross are just blah, blah, blah to me. It's kind of like the NASCAR package.................just words and no results to speak of.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          15 lbs of muscle and 2-3 years of focus and discipline and he can be a 3 down DE.

                          ****I must say 12 reps of 225 is pathetic for a DE. He will struggle until he gets stronger.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                          http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            Ross says that the coaches are excited to use him in different ways. PF hasn't done very well in using guys in new and creative ways. As long as Fewll is our DC, those words from Ross are just blah, blah, blah to me. It's kind of like the NASCAR package.................just words and no results to speak of.
                            Eh? He's had JPP and Kiwi make plays from all over. Tuck too. Super Bowl I believe both tucks sacks came when he was standing up or dropped into coverage.

                            But there's only a limit with how much he can do with the players he has. Moore adds another player he can tinker with

                            Unfortunately this entire forum is going to be upset at him not having a position, because they can't figure out their madden rosters.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                              15 lbs of muscle and 2-3 years of focus and discipline and he can be a 3 down DE.

                              ****I must say 12 reps of 225 is pathetic for a DE. He will struggle until he gets stronger.
                              He did 19 reps at his proday. Still poor, but not awful. Can tell on tape he doesn't have the strongest upper body. His lower body is pretty strong though. He can stack quite well for someone his size.

                              And lets not forget Strahan was almost the exact same size as Moore is now when Strahan was the best run defending DE in the league.

                              Run defending is as much leverage as anything. If Moore can get underneath guys he can be a three down end now

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X